Author Topic: Problems With Closing Down and Other Stuff  (Read 996 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Problems With Closing Down and Other Stuff
« on: November 19, 2018, 06:15:46 PM »
Hi, lately, when I want to close my game down it just won't completely close. The black screen will stay there forever until I force it to close w/task manager and the same thing happens when I try to go from a played game to the main menu. I have to force the game completely off w/task manage and then reload. Also, when I reloaded my game, my mods folder was gone and also,  can't select any of the population settings (different/occult sims, opt out of the celeb system) on the last tab. I'm not sure what's happening. I tried clearing the cache, but that didn't work.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Problems With Closing Down and Other Stuff
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 06:22:04 PM »
Have you done a Sims 3 factory reset?

Sims 3 Factory Reset (HowTo)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,20732.msg401814.html#msg401814

Try that and a new save to test. It maybe something in your old folder has been corrupted. I usually do a factory reset every few months or so to make sure things are running okay.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Problems With Closing Down and Other Stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 07:40:29 PM »
Thanks Mrs Flynn! That seems to have worked. The old game must have been corrupted. I put all my d/ls and mods in and it still works normally.