Author Topic: Logic Skill Challenge  (Read 1792 times)

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Logic Skill Challenge
« on: December 16, 2018, 08:47:55 PM »
Hi, Is the difference between "tutor children" (teacher extraordinaire) and "tutor children in skills" (skill professor)? Thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Logic Skill Challenge
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 09:12:19 PM »
I'm not quite sure what the difference is between the two, but here are a couple of sites that might help in figuring it out.

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/skills/logic/

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Logic
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:55:56 PM »
Thanks Mrs Flynn! I think though, I *might* have it figured out since I posted this. I clicked on my sim and under the "friendly" tab, there was a "tutor" option. I'll have to give it a go and see what happens.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 01:29:12 AM »
I just gave it a shot w/her younger son and it worked! I still don't know exactly what the difference is except one is part of the main pie menu and the other is under friendly actions. They both yield skill increases in the receiving sim.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 06:16:42 PM »
Well, I don't know now. It worked for the first time and now it doesn't work. I choose "tutor" under "friendly" and she will sit down for about 1 min and then get up again. I think this whole game is glitched! Has anybody had any success w/this one?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2018, 07:33:32 PM »
I'm able to get my Sim to tutor a child with their homework. What have you tried to troubleshoot the issue?
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2018, 10:25:37 PM »
I really haven't tried much yet. I just had to move that family to another copy of the same town b/c the other one had become corrupted somehow. I suppose I can try resetting the household and maybe the town to see if that works. The strange thing is that tutoring in a skill works great! Also, have you tried it on your sim's own child or does it have to be another child?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2018, 11:06:39 PM »
I had my Sim tutor her daughter. I'm not sure if we're able to have our Sims tutor neighborhood kids. I haven't tried that.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2018, 01:38:08 AM »
Well, I think I'm just going to scrap the entire family and this game. I think somehow the sim that I started with is corrupted from the beginning. She's gotten kicked out of work several times and then I had to manually quit her at the end of her shift, then I tried moving them to a new hood and that worked for a little while now that seems to be broken. I tried removing most of the mods I have except for nraas and now she disappears totally when she comes home from work, I have the portable piano and when I try putting that out, it disappears. The list goes on. I think it's time to just scrap this and start over w/a different sim.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 02:05:53 PM »
Just an update here. I did start new and I believe I finally have this figured out also thanks to Igazor's help. In order to tutor a child or teen, their grades need to be less than an A. It can be done w/neighborhood kids that come home w/your kids, but it's tricky. When I tried w/my sim to tutor her younger son, it worked the first time, but not the second time. I *think* this might work 1 time for a child w/an A, but not totally sure on that. Her older son had just aged up to teen and therefore had a grade of C so I had her tutor him and it worked great! She got her 30 hrs in. Now I just have to get her to lev 10 logic and she can tutor them in logic. After that, it's just the Celestial Explorer challenge left. :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2018, 03:05:59 PM »
Thanks for this tip. I had wondered about that, as my Sim's child has an A grade and can't be tutored anymore. I was thinking it might have something to do with grades.