Author Topic: Playing as one person in a household of 3 or more  (Read 2596 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Playing as one person in a household of 3 or more
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:27:37 PM »
Happy new year to everybody!

i am trying to do things in the sims 3 that i have never done before because i really want to keep playing, so i was wondering, in a household of 3 or more, how do you just focus on only one sim,a child for example and ignore the rest of the household when all in the houses' needs drain exactly the same time. do you just ignore the rest of the sims in the house and just focus on the one you want to play?  i am thinking of playing the woods household in starlight shores or maybe even emma hatch in sunset valley but not the others in the house. any advice is welcomed and thank you!

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Playing as one person in a household of 3 or more
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 11:36:18 PM »
It looks like people just don't know the answer. The only way you can really do that is to just focus on one sim and ignore all the rest. They're usually pretty good about taking care of themselves. I'm not sure what you mean though about all of their needs draining at the same time. That has never happened to me. Of course, to ignore the rest of the household, you have to have free will on high. If you have that off, then they'll just stand there and starve. On more thing. If you want to play a child, either make sure one of the adults has a job or  you need to have the child write books for income to pay the bills. Since a child can't pay the bills, you need to wait until the popup comes and click on that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 10:49:17 AM »
I saw your question posted last night, but didn't have the brain power to post an answer. In one of my current saved games I have my main family and their roommates who I don't control.

I used Nraas MasterController to add the roommates. https://www.nraas.net/community/MasterController

Here's my notes on a way to do it.

1. Split the family and move out the half you want to be your roommates into a different house.

When you go to add them as roommates and they aren't at home, you may have to go find them. Sometimes the game will tell you where they are.

2. Click on Sim you want to add > Nraas > M.C. > Intermediate > Add Roommate.

-- It will ask, Add the selected 1 Sims as Roommates. Click the check mark to confirm. It will reset the added Sim.

** In the Relationship panel, the roommates should have a little roommate icon on the left side of their profile photo. This is to show you that they are roommates.

Do this for each additional Sim and baby/child/teen you want to be a roommate.

3. *Optional* Click on City Hall > Nraas > M.C. > Town > Reset Everything. This will bring the whole family back together.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2019, 06:58:39 PM »
thank you. will try that.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 02:00:13 PM »
I will also add here, that the pause button is your friend. I've played households of 8 or more (a mod allowing more than 8) and the game needs to be paused often to assign each sim a task to either fulfill their needs or to take care of other family members like cooking a group meal or studying a skill. Unless you have the multi tab from the store, a sim will not study on their own. Even then, they may not study what you want them to, lol.