Author Topic: Custom Content Not Showing Up In CAS  (Read 6517 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Custom Content Not Showing Up In CAS
« on: February 01, 2019, 11:13:16 PM »
Hello everybody

If this question has been asked before, sorry for a duplicate but I didn't find a solution. I downloaded a lot of cc from the sims resource for sims 3, but when I enter CAS only a couple show up. am I supposed to do anything else once the download has finished? These outfits are so beautiful, I want to use them in the stylist career, but only a few show. thanks for any help!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Custom Content Not Showing Up In CAS
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 01:19:01 AM »
Some custom content needs to be unizipped and then placed in the Downloads folder: Default Path: --> C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads

For example:

I downloaded a couple of hairs:

Ivy ( Hair 69 - Set )
https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-sets-hair/title/ivy-%28-hair-69--set-%29/id/1432789/
Filename: 1432789.zip

Ade - Honestly
https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims3-hair-hairstyles-female/title/ade--honestly/id/1432944/
Filename: Ade - Honestly.sims3pack

The Ivy hair set needed to be unzipped to reveal 2 .Sims3Pack files which then I moved to the downloads folder.

The Ade Honesty hair is already a .Sims3Pack file so it was already placed in the downloads folder.

These files will still need to be installed through the launcher's download tab. While the game is not loaded, otherwise they may not show up.

----

Sometimes custom content needs to be unizipped and placed into the packages folder. Default Path: --> C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages

They'll usually have a file name something similar to:

SombreroGuy_NebulaLoveseatV2.package

** The important part is if the filename ends with .package it needs to go into the packages folder to be recognized by the game.

Nebula Loveseat
http://modthesims.info/d/596236/nebula-loveseat.html

Are you sure you placed the files in the correct folders? Do they need to be unzipped? If they're in the downloads folder, did you install them through the launcher?

Here's a How to Unizip files -

Zip and unzip files
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14200/windows-compress-uncompress-zip-files
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Custom content not showing up in cas
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 09:29:30 PM »
I have to add here, that most all of TSR's stuff is in sims3pack files. I don't remember the path right now, but you can dictate where  your comp will d/l stuff. If you d/l stuff from many sites you may not want to command your comp to put all d/ls into your Downloads folder of sims. Anyway, when the d/l starts, you'll see it on a bar at the bottom. When it is done, you can click on the arrow on the right and choose "show in folder" and then click and drag the file over to the Downloads folder in sims 3. You don't have to do this every time though. You can let that bar at the bottom fill up w/files and then click on the newest one which appears on the left side and show in folder and highlight all of them and drag them over. When you're completely done d/ling sims3pack files, open the launcher and install everything. Then move those files to a safe place like a folder on your desktop. Once the file is installed, you don't need anything in the Downloads folder.
In the case of a .package file follow Mrs Flynn's instructions.

I just thought of something else. It might be that the item you d/led could possibly be cloned or recolored from an ep or object that you don't have. If that is true, then it won't show up.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 11:30:40 PM »
forgot i asked this question before. i am going to try your suggestions. thanks again.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 12:10:21 AM »
Hopefully what instructions we do have help. Let us know if you have any further questions.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *