Author Topic: Unable to set up stage and perform gig  (Read 2009 times)

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
Unable to set up stage and perform gig
« on: February 19, 2019, 11:58:50 AM »
Hi.  I am just getting around to these issues even though I've done Showtime a few times.  I guess these are very old issues.

Occasionally, my Sim gets to a gig, but the venue doesn't allow him to set up the stage and perform.  Is there a workaround for this?

Also, I occasionally have the problem where when I click on my Sim, there are no actions coming up.  Also, the "smartphone" commands won't come up when I click to answer or ignore.  After a bit of time elapses, the commands come back for my Sim and smartphone.  Is there a workaround for this as well?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Unable to set up stage and perform gig
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »
You might try replacing the venue you're trying to do the gig at to see if that helps.

I'm not sure if this will help, but you might try seeing if you have the same problem with the phone in a new game. It might be that something glitched with the game.

When I've had problems with the phone, I either have to go back a save from before the glitch happened. Or grab my Sims and take them into a new game.

There's some Nraas mods that can help with keeping relationships and such. But I am not familiar with them. If you're interested in doing that, creating a new game for the family you're playing you may want to ask about it over at Nraas.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline skipsmooth

• Townie
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 12:04:03 AM »
Thanks again, Mrs. Flynn.  I appreciate your assistance in the past and now.

I was hoping that clearing caches would help, but it did not.  So I totally deleted the entire Sims 3 folder from the Electronic Arts folder and started over using a newly created Sim.  I used cheats to give him the same traits as the Sim from the deleted game.  So far it seems to be working well.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 12:24:55 AM »
You're welcome. I'm happy you've found something that helped.

I've heard of other players have issues with set up and performing gigs, so it might be a good idea to make backups of your saves if you don't already, so you have a backup to go back to if you run into this issue again.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything