Author Topic: [BUG] Is acting broken?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
[BUG] Is acting broken?
« on: March 20, 2019, 12:28:40 AM »
I've tried to play two different acting sims recently, and they've both run into the same problem: when they get into hair and makeup, they go through the motions, and it doesn't check off the list. When I first got Get Famous, this never happened. Is this part of the gameplay mechanics, and I just never ran into it before, or is something broken after a subsequent update?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Is acting broken?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 01:02:07 AM »
This is a known bug.

Get Famous "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-quot-Hair-and-Makeup-quot-interaction-glitched/m-p/7298923

Sounds like it may be an issue with the makeup artists skill level, this may be by design. Here are some work-arounds to try.

1. If there are other tasks to do, try doing those first before hair and makeup. It is suggested to save the game before going into do hair and makeup. Just in case you need to go back and do that part again.

2. Reset the Stylist and/or Artist
Shift-Ctrl-C to open menu, type testingcheats on, Shift-click the makeup artist and select Reset Object (Debug)

3. Try doing the gig even though Sim isn't in the proper hair and makeup.

4. Try adding a second makeup chair using the cheats - "testingcheats true" and then "bb.enablefreebuild"

There might be some work-arounds in the thread linked above.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Re: [BUG] Is acting broken?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 01:04:53 AM »
This is a known bug.

Get Famous "Hair and Makeup" interaction glitched
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GF-quot-Hair-and-Makeup-quot-interaction-glitched/m-p/7298923

There might be some work-arounds in the thread linked above.
Thank you.

Offline TheGoat

• Townie
Re: [BUG] Is acting broken?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 11:51:49 PM »
NB: There are some reports of success in that long linked thread with a workaround: plopping down an extra chair next to the one pre-loaded on the studio lot. Others have said that as your sim progresses through the acting skill, the mistakes happen less often.

I haven't tested any of this, because I moved on to exploring other aspects of the game. I've installed every expansion, but haven't played enough lately to really get the most out of them, so I'm leaving acting aside for the moment.

anything