Author Topic: Sims 4 CC furniture issues  (Read 2771 times)

Offline Penelope061

• Nooboo
Sims 4 CC furniture issues
« on: March 25, 2019, 10:24:15 AM »
Hello eveyone,

I'm still having an issue with CC in Sims 4 which I am still trying to find a solution for.

Basically, the game loads normally but, as soon as I try to start a new game (which leads me to CAS), the game freezes.

I have all EP/GP/SP installed and, of course, the game is updated.

Ever since I installed Seasons, like many of you, I encountered issues with my CC. In the past, the 50/50 method combined with Sims 4 Studio's fixes were more than enough to solve any issue. This time though, it seems different.

I have my CC very well organized in folders/subfolders and, since it is mostly furniture stuff, I made subfolders like Kitchen, Living Room etc. to easily sort every set out. My issues seem to be ONLY with Living Room/Kitchen/Outdoor files.

I am still proceeding with the 50/50 method but something very weird is happening: sometimes the game loads normally after adding a folder, sometimes it freezes with the very same folder included which proved to be (apparently) ok just a few minutes before. Of course, I have to start the 50/50 method all over again, which is driving me crazy because it's taking forever to try to understand which files are good and which are not. Do you have any suggestion?

Please note I did NOT include my Script folders in the 50/50 method yet: I just have a couple of scripts and I will update them as soon as I manage to finally play the game again with CC. So, Scripts are not causing this issue.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 4 CC furniture issues
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 10:45:24 AM »
Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help remove any traces of the mods or cc that were installed.

Do that each time your testing any mods and/custom content you're installing.

You might check over at the official forum to see if there's a current list of incompatible mods.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Penelope061

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 03:45:25 PM »
Delete the localthumbcache.package from the Sims 4 folder to help remove any traces of the mods or cc that were installed.

Do that each time your testing any mods and/custom content you're installing.

You might check over at the official forum to see if there's a current list of incompatible mods.

Thank you Mrs Flynn, I'm already removing localthumbcache.package and cachestr folder every time I launch the game.
As far as I know, I even already removed all the incompatible/bugged mods (I checked both the official forum and SimVIP's lists) but I have to find a solution.   :(

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 05:41:17 PM »
There are few other things I can think of to do, if you haven't already.

1. Repair game
In Origin > Games Library tab: Right-click on Sims 4

2. Reset the Sims 4 Folder:

Do this by moving or renaming the Sims 4 folder. The game will create a new Sims 4 folder next time you launch and play the game.

Play the game without any saves or mods installed to see if it plays okay. Then if it does, start copying back the files and folders described in the link below:

Files and Folders To Add Back In
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#post_FF2AB

-- When you move or rename the Sims 4 folder, the game will no longer be able to find it. When you go to play the game it will create a new folder.

3. Remove the custom content that is making the game freeze. Check with the creator's site to see if anyone else is having the same issue. If not, post about the problem to see if you can get specific help.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Penelope061

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 07:35:14 AM »
There are few other things I can think of to do, if you haven't already.

1. Repair game
In Origin > Games Library tab: Right-click on Sims 4

Already tried this one, too.

2. Reset the Sims 4 Folder:

Do this by moving or renaming the Sims 4 folder. The game will create a new Sims 4 folder next time you launch and play the game.

Play the game without any saves or mods installed to see if it plays okay. Then if it does, start copying back the files and folders described in the link below:

Files and Folders To Add Back In
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#post_FF2AB

-- When you move or rename the Sims 4 folder, the game will no longer be able to find it. When you go to play the game it will create a new folder.

This is the very first time I see this suggestion, I will definitively try this one, thanks! :)

3. Remove the custom content that is making the game freeze. Check with the creator's site to see if anyone else is having the same issue. If not, post about the problem to see if you can get specific help.

This will be my final attempt although, since sometimes the game loads normally with some content and then decides to freeze in CAS with the very same content, trying to understand which one is making the game freezing it's really hard, by now. :(

Thank you so much Mrs Flynn, I will update this thread as soon as I proceed with suggestion #2.  :)

Offline Penelope061

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2019, 03:58:34 PM »
I reset the Sims 4 folder. The game works normally.
I then place back the folders following this link: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#post_FF2AB
With the Mods folder, I decided to start with the Furniture one, which included the folders I thought were bugged. Surprisingly, the game loaded and worked like a charm.
I proceded placing back the other folders and, now, it looks like the building stuff (doors/floors/windows) and clothing files are the ones making the game freezing.
The fact is, I don't think they really are. I'm starting to think that there's some conflict between CC files... but how can I trace back which ones are conflicting since they are not always the same?  :-\

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 05:29:57 PM »
I am not sure exactly how track down conflicting custom content, but I am more than positive someone at a dedicated mod site (Sims4Studio, ModtheSims, TheSimsResource or maybe at the official forum) would know the answer. As I'm sure someone has made a mod for that, or has some work-arounds.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Penelope061

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 06:31:30 PM »
Thank you, I will try over there!  :)