Author Topic: Social Media Star 2.0  (Read 11171 times)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Social Media Star 2.0
« Reply #45 on: May 13, 2019, 02:57:16 PM »
Great stuff Elinoee and Nikitachi. Super information. Thank you. :) GlazeyLady is actually in my little Diablo III clan and both of us were in the game last night chatting -- I'm like, "you were the Social Media champ two years ago, why no score this time?" Lol.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2019, 03:43:37 PM »
Great job Nikitachi!  I'm always envious of those who have such success with the wishing well.  My poor sims are always so unlucky!  The best I got in this challenge was a guaranteed promotion the next shift; usually I just got the "we'll take care of you at the next performance review" one which is basically nothing.

I also read GlazeLady's very informative post from two years ago.  There's a lot of good stuff in those past challenge threads. 

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deveroux

• Nooboo
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2019, 06:51:12 PM »
Congrats Nikitachi!

Pretty similar to everyone else, I overthrew Good Timers and rode out that confident moodlet to max Charisma asap, wishing well for promotions.

I actually didn't do any spamming before career level 4 since that's when Viral Video actually does anything and there aren't lower-level interactions that give enough followers to be meaningful. Instead I was making bank off of asking for loans for the 5k wishing well donations, getting the club and friend aspirations. I got all the skills I'd potentially need for promotion requirements meanwhile as well.

For the wishing well, I think the possibilities seem to depend solely on the face; if it's grinning or smiling/neutral, there's a chance of promotion, but only grinning seems to have 0 chance of getting demoted. 5k donations tend to auto-raise it to grinning. Idk if you can improve the stats by donating more at that point, maybe I'll look into it later. My practice consisted of finding that out by wishing 50x, so not foolproof, but yeah. So when I used the wishing well, I only wished if it wasn't already grinning.

I only got insta promotions for career levels 8 and 9, so way too late in my file for me to take full advantage of the most lucrative interactions. Tragic.

Broadcast status from the computer seemed like the best spamming thing (~10k followers)since it doesn't have cooldown. To take max advantage of Shout Out from XXX or the equivalents, I had my disguised sim go live at the Willow Creek Library and Broadcast Status from the computer and Shout Out whenever possible. My grind consisted of me shouting out/announcing appearance, broadcasting status 3x, then shouting out again. I was uploading viral videos, pranking streamers, etc. whenever I could, convenient since I was always sitting on a computer.

Fame came naturally with the constant status broadcasting, so I didn't do anything to help it along. I did accidentally lose a fame level temporarily because doing things in a celeb disguise doesn't give the fame it usually does, but I donated my wishing well last minute to fix that.

Offline thekatie0409

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2019, 08:55:14 PM »
I don't think I can add much. I did a painting club to get money for the wishing well and used the charisma level 10 to get upload viral video right away. The fame was automatic from broadcasting status constantly.

Instead of disguising my celebrity sim at the library, I locked the doors to only allow my club and then deleted everybody else from the club after I maxed the career. This way I was the only person in the library for the last 5 days or so.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2019, 02:31:34 PM »
Great strategy @Nikitachi!  Congrats again.

It was nice reading everyone's strategies 8).

What I can add strategy-wise.

I had my club sleep in my Jasmine Suites apartment in 8 single beds, and sleeping was a club activity, and so was watching TV and being friendly.  I got rally the troops as soon as possible.  I got a lot of club perks.

My Sim did all the social media stuff, fame stuff and got followers and maxed skills, starting with charisma.  I kept changing the remaining club activities to suit my Sims' needs.

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2019, 02:32:54 PM »
Great strategy @Nikitachi!  Congrats again.

It was nice reading everyone's strategies 8).

What I can add strategy-wise.

I had my club sleep in my Jasmine Suites apartment in 8 cheap single beds, and sleeping was a club activity, and so was watching TV and being friendly.  I got rally the troops as soon as possible.  I got a lot of club perks.

My Sim did all the social media stuff, fame stuff and got followers and maxed skills, starting with charisma.  I kept changing the remaining club activities to suit my Sims' needs.

anything