Author Topic: Having a problem with Master Vampire Aspiration  (Read 12878 times)

Offline SimminInSeattle

• Nooboo
Having a problem with Master Vampire Aspiration
« on: April 07, 2019, 05:15:25 PM »
I've completed everything however the very last task is to "survive for an additional 20 days". I have done much more than that tried without cheats to do it again and again. It keeps resetting to 0/20 and I don't know why. I sleep in a casket, come out at night. The highest it's registered is 6/20. This is my 7th or 8th attempt. I have no mods or cc. Any ideas on what could be going wrong?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Having a problem with Master Vampire Aspiration
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 10:46:23 PM »
No, I'm sorry I'm not sure what may be going wrong for you but you can complete the aspiration requirement with cheats if you feel that you want to and/or your sim deserves it etc.

Pause your game with the vampire sim actively chosen and the correct aspiration selected on that sim.
enable testingcheats on
then type in:
aspirations.complete_current_milestone

Now that portion of the aspiration will be completed, if it is the last step of the aspiration it will then obviously complete the entire aspiration as well.

As always, save your game before cheating in case you don't like the results, that way you can simply quit without saving.

**Edited 2020: This is a known bug, vampire aspiration counter for the 20 days will reset on traveling: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-V-Master-Vampire-Survival-Days-reset-on-travel/m-p/8061933#M99213
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimminInSeattle

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2019, 01:44:05 AM »
I gave in and tried this as well - I've never tried cheats before and now no cheats are working :-/ I can't get it to complete and I can't use any cheats. I get it to say "Cheats are enabled" but when I type them in and hit Enter, nothing happens

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2019, 02:26:29 AM »
You haven't mentioned if cheats are working in any other saves, but here are some troubleshooting tips:

Regardless if you're using mods or not, delete the localthumbcache.package from inside the Sims 4 folder and try again. This helps troubleshoot game issues.

Make sure you don't have any mods that may interfere with trying to use the cheat console or cheats. For example the UI Cheats Extension is known to cause issues with the cheats.

Try using cheats in a different saved game or household.

Sometimes traveling to another lot and testing to see if the cheat works helps.

Repairing the game may help. - In Origin > Games Library > Right-click on Sims 4 and select Repair.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline SimminInSeattle

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 02:06:22 AM »
It wasn't working in any household or save - I don't use any mods at all. Just base game and Vampires.

Your suggestion of deleting localthumbcache.package worked! I'm finally done the aspiration! Thanks!!!

Offline DrWho42

• Llama Wrangler
    • Linktree
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2020, 03:47:24 AM »
i was able to achieve this aspiration if i never clicked "travel". even traveling to vlad's place in forgotten hollow reset the twenty-day requirement, so i declined any and all invitations to travel beyond my household.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2020, 05:45:28 PM »
@SimminInSeattle  There is a bug report about the vampire days resetting on AHQ here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-V-Master-Vampire-Survival-Days-reset-on-travel/m-p/8061933#M99213

they are asking for saves it you still have a copy from when it was going wrong.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.