Author Topic: Transferring Pets or Copying Pets  (Read 7377 times)

Offline qmollymarie

• Nooboo
Transferring Pets or Copying Pets
« on: April 17, 2019, 10:33:53 AM »
I’m trying to figure out how to move already existing pets in sims 4. I have spent hours making three customized pets and rather than start the process over I want to transfer them to another household. When I go to manage worlds to attempt to transfer them I am unable to find the household that I want to move them in to. Any help would be appreciated!

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Transferring Pets or Copying Pets
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 11:06:25 PM »
There are a few ways to make this happen, this is probably the easiest:

Manage households>filter using the 'show' filter>locate pets household and click the double arrows -'Transfer Sims between households' button>click on the pets to move>filter to the world where the household to move them into is or if it is a NPC household that is not housed use the 'Not In World' option>click on one of the members who lives in the house you want to transfer the pets into> then make sure the arrows are pointing the correct way with pets and sim highlighted and move the pets into the 'new' household> click the large tick at bottom>done.

This seems confusing to read but if you have the game open and just follow along it should be easy for you.

If you are having trouble finding the household you want to move the pets into make use of the filters and filter by 'individual world or Not In World' and also 'played or unplayed' and 'My favorites or other' then scroll until you see it.

Carl's made a guide here on how to move sims which is just the same process: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/moving-sims.php
The guide is a little simpler than my instructions as back then (when the guide was made) filters weren't as detailed but it does explain the basics anyway.
Just remember you need to have a pet/sim chosen from both households so you can then choose which way to move the selected pets/sims.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline qmollymarie

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 01:03:41 AM »
Thank you for your response. Your directions made sense, but for some reason I am unable to find the household I am trying to transfer them to. I’ve tried filtering to view different households but all it shows are the “pre-made” households that come with the game. It’s super frustrating! Is there a way to copy the animals made in another household to add to another? Instead of transferring?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 03:56:49 PM »
From what I can tell there is no other way to move or transfer Sims or pets to different households than through the Manage Household system.

If it's a household you previously made that you're trying to move the pet into, did you check the gallery > Library tab to see if the family is in there?

That's where I look if I can't find a certain family in Manage Households.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 03:31:44 AM »
@qmollymarie  have you the favorites tab on instead of 'Other' in the filter maybe?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

anything