Author Topic: Influencing multiple births (Twins and Triplets)  (Read 4308 times)

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
Influencing multiple births (Twins and Triplets)
« on: April 19, 2019, 06:27:36 PM »
I know that the chance of multiple births increase if a pregnant Sim listens to the children's music station or watches the kids channel on the TV.

What I'm wondering is, is there a specific limit that determines whether the multiple birth develops into twins or triplets?

I was playing a family the other day, and was trying for twins. I had the mother listen to children's music through most of her pregnancy, and she wound up having triplets. Is there a specific amount of game time that will determine if it's two babies or three by doing these interactions?

Offline deedee_828

• Watcher
Re: Influencing multiple births (Twins and Triplets)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2019, 10:45:26 PM »
I think several factors can determine if she'll have twins or triplets. The longer she listens to kid's music and watches kid's TV is one factor. If she or her partner have the fertility reward it increases and if they both have it, it increases even more. And I do believe that if it is a new neighborhood trying to build up the population, it can give them triplets as well. And if either of the parents asked a Genie for a large family, that's a wish that guarantees triplets, as long as there's room on the lot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Influencing multiple births (Twins and Triplets)
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 09:47:25 PM »
Personally, I think it might be random whether it's twins or triplets. I've had a sim w/o the fertility treatment listen to kids music to influence twins and she had triplets! Most of the time, it will be a twin though. I don't remember right now if the neighborhood was new or not though.