Author Topic: Welcome Wagon Problems  (Read 6173 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Welcome Wagon Problems
« on: April 27, 2019, 01:10:28 AM »
In my current game the Welcome Wagon shows up but I don't get the notification then they won't leave, even when I force them to leave they show up again the next day and the day after that etc.  >:(

I tested this in another game and had the first two problems, no notification and not leaving but they didn't show up again the following day, thankfully.

I'm not using any mods so it's not that and repairing the game and clearing my cache does nothing.

Is this a bug? Because if it is I can't find any info or reports on it.  :-\

I'm thinking of uninstalling then reinstalling my game to see if that fixes it but I need to know if I will lose my current saved game through doing this, I don't think I will but I want to check as I can't afford to lose this game.

I just want to be rid of this stupid annoying Welcome Wagon for good.  >:(

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: Welcome Wagon Problems
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 08:14:32 AM »
I'm pretty sure that you won't get a Welcome Wagon if you settle in Newcrest -- no neighbors, no WW.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2019, 08:45:22 AM »
Posted by: MarianT« on: Today at 08:14:32 AM » I'm pretty sure that you won't get a Welcome Wagon if you settle in Newcrest -- no neighbors, no WW.

Lol, I didn't think of that, unfortunately this is happening in my challenge game so I can't move (I chose to live in Windenburg), I mean I can ask them to leave so it's not a big deal, it's just annoying. Living in an empty world sounds too depressing anyway, it seems like a bug so I'm hoping there's a fix somewhere ....

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 11:56:25 AM »
To make sure you don't loose your saves and other Sims 4 game files, you can move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop. Launch the game and it will create a new Sims 4 folder. See the link below for more details on resetting the Sims 4 folder.

Sims 4 Factory Reset - (What & Howto)
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#msg401669

I'm thinking of uninstalling then reinstalling my game to see if that fixes it but I need to know if I will lose my current saved game through doing this, I don't think I will but I want to check as I can't afford to lose this game.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 01:01:56 AM »
Thank you MrsFlynn, I will try that if the problem persists.  ( I wanted to finish this challenge first before trying that). :)

For the challenge I was playing in when this occurred, Metroman allowed me to move the neighbours into other homes so they wouldn't bother my Sim anymore, so that's one workaround I guess. I thought I'd post that here so other people who may be experiencing the same problem can use it.  :)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 07:06:07 AM »
I finally got around to reinstalling my game and it fixed the problem!  :)

Turns out the game wasn't registering the Welcome Wagon as an event, there was no timer which I forgot to mention, so of course the game kept trying to trigger the event every day, thinking that it hadn't happened.  ::)

It's a good thing I didn't have to resort to a Factory Reset although I would have if it came to that so thanks for suggesting that MrsFlynn I just wanted to pop in and let you know that the problem has been resolved. :)