Author Topic: Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27  (Read 14868 times)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Here I Go Again! More Cuteness 8/27
« on: May 16, 2019, 03:29:21 PM »
Well, I'm pretty rusty so bear with me as I struggle to relearn and remember all I forgot!  I can't seem to just play Sims, but am always thinking of their life beyond the skilling and such, and they seem to have so much to say.  So, here goes......again.

Shared Rewards

1 . Connections  (best money maker ploy and advance to job level)
2 . Steel Bladder  (No go is a big help!)
3 . Never Weary  (more time to skill)
4 . Moodlet Solver  (problem fixer)
5 . Potions of Youth (for Ambrosia only)
6 . Frugal (to cover mortgage, taxes, insurance, you know the drill)
7 . Entrepreneurial ( for good jobs for all)
8.  Marketable
9.  Mentor

Shared Aspirations

1 . Soul Mate
2 . Serial Romantic
3 . Fabulously Wealthy
4 . Mansion Baron
5 . Grilled Cheese

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meet Amanda
I really didn't want to do this you know.  I mean, I've heard and read it all.  So many folks have gone before me, some were successful and some.......well, let's hope I'm not one of the latter.  Oh, we haven't met yet!  *embarrassed smile*   So, my name is Amanda Newcombe and I'm newly come to Willowbrook.   Pleased to make your acquaintance.  I hope we can be good friends.  (I need all I can get!)

Chapters

Chapter 1.  A Great Day for Starters

Chapter 2.  Beginnings

Chapter 3. Moving Right Along

Chapter 4.  The House

Chapter 5. Moving On

Chapter 6.  Romance?  Oh no!

Chapter 7. Love Lost?

Chapter 8.  The Meeting

Chapter 9. Success!

Chapter 10. No Bells, Just Wedding

Chapter 11: Making a Friend

Chapter 12:  It's a New Day

Chapter 12 1/2 My Home WIP1

Chapter 13:  Oh, Happy Day!

Chapter 14: Happy Birthday, Amanda

Chapter 15: More Birthdays

Chapter 16: Vacay!

Chapter 17: Big News

Chapter 18: Time and "Belly" Moves On

Chapter 19: And Baby Makes Three

Chapter 20: Welcome Donanda!

Chapter 21: Toddler Cuteness

Chapter 22: More Cuteness
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
Re: Here I Go Again! ID try
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 03:38:55 PM »
I'm on origin now.. Just sent you a message.

But Good luck on your Dynasty. I have faith in you Joria.

Shannon

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 03:51:04 PM »
Good luck, Joria!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Re: Here I Go Again! ID Try
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 04:48:50 PM »
Thanks @reggikko  and @sdhoey !  Reggiko just started reading the vampire story.  Not fond of vamps but the story is well done and I'm actually loving it.  Yes, I too am a Buffy fan despite hating vampires.

Shannon getting reacquainted with Colt and your stories as well.  Gotta love the big guy!  You make it look so easy.

Ok, let's hope this won't be the only post in this story.  Here we go again......

Chapter 1.  A Great Day for Starters

I wanted to see if there was any action going on, so bright and early this morning, it was only around 8 am, I called up a cab and headed off to explore my world.  I knew I'd need helpers, all the help I could get actually, so hoped the park would have some likely people for me to charm into moving in.  Well, I didn't get these eyelashes, (custom content by kikko) for nothing.  And.....there he is.....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

He's not bad looking, young enough to last, and hopefully bored with his nomadic life and is willing to share an empty, (not for long), lot with me.

Amanda: Well, hi there!  My name is Amanda and I'm new in town.  You come here often?

Kelly:  Pleased to meetcha Mandy, I may call you Mandy mayn't I?  Name is Kelly Coughlin.  Yeah, I try to get in a bit of chess when I can get away from gardening.  Stretches the brain and a great way to meet new folks.  Like yourself.

Amanda: Well, it's nice to meet you.  Yeah, Mandy is fine.  What a glorious day this is!  Just look at all that spring sunshine.

Kelly:  Don't let it fool you hon, this rather like Oregon, weather changes in five minutes, especially in spring.  Hope you don't mind the rain because it seems to do that a lot.  You got lucky with the day.

Amanda:  Thanks for the heads up.  I'll make sure I'll get an umbrella.  Say.... since it's so nice, would you care to do a little cloud gazing, before they turn to rain clouds?

W:  Well, she seems to be off to a decent start.  Let's see if she snags this guy.  After all, those eye lashes....lol.

W:  Of course she wasn't unaware of the "other" gardener who has now taken over the chess board.  Go for it girl friend!  Get him too.  One of them has to work out right.

Amanda: (thinking) * Well, that's one for the good guys.  Kelly seems really nice, and I'm sure he's good on wide open fields.  All that produce he can plant!  And helloooo, number 2.*

Amanda:  Hello!  My name is Amanda Newcomb and I'm new come to this town.  Sorry, that's a bad play on words.  So, nice to meet you, Mr.....?

Leland:  Oh, Leland Britt a your service.  So, heard you might be in the market for a move in guy, right?  If you're a watched Sim I'm not too sure I'd be interested.  Yeah, sure, I've got gardening skills but it's not where my heart is.  You see, I'm more interested in science and logic and if you want to stick me in the garden, well...

Amanda:  Let's just chill with some cloud gazing and I'll tell you what I've got in mind, ok?  (CG always works!)

Amanda: So look, there is nothing in the contract that says you HAVE to garden.  Ok, maybe a little here and there but I'm open to new things and being a scientist does have its advantages, (like an income).  And, you look like a stand up kind of guy, I'll bet there are a lot of lovely ladies just willing to be "special friends" with scientific types, right?  So....waddya say?

Leland:  Ok.  I'll give it a shot.  What the heck, a nice home, friendly people and the possibility of a new job.  Yeah.  Let's do it!

W:  And with that her new life had an interesting start.  With two helpers kicking in the cash and what she had this is the home I built for them for starters.  And with that, I'll say good bye and good luck Amanda and family.  You guys are off to a felicitous start.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2019, 06:16:02 PM »
Lovely house Joria. Hoping that this attempt is successful for you. I've got a sister called Amanda ... I wonder what she'd do to me if I started calling her Mandy. She'd probably kill me, so I'd better not try.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2019, 08:33:58 PM »
Looks great! I used to do these challenges a lot on this forum for Sims 3, and now I am lurking around reading others because I'm thinking about doing another one for the first time on Sims 4!
Kelly seems like a real keeper to me for sure, and the house looks great! ;)
Good luck!!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Beginnings
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2019, 05:17:21 PM »
Thank you so much for reading and the kind words.  It sure helps keep me motivated when things like, almost had the house done and the pc crashed, happens.  Lol!  No problem, building is almost always a work in progress for me.

@Deklitch:  I wouldn't recommend calling your sister "Mandy".  Amanda only allowed it, without comment, because she really needed helpers!  Not sure where it will all go but at the moment she is a fun Sim to play.  I was at a loss for what to build for them so that house is a "starter" with lots more needing to be done once they have the cash.  I love playing a "no buy" kind of game but this time I'm not adding that level of stress.
@kattiq:  Oh I hope you do one of these!  It's really a lot of fun, (and stress and sometimes boring), and worth doing.  I have to admit though, while I'm enjoying this I really loved the more things I felt I could do with Sims3.  I have downloaded a lot of CC, which I never used to use, from Simmers who have converted Sims3 stuff I loved and made them compatible with Sims4.  Thanks for the kind words about the house.

Chapter 2.  Beginnings

Kelly:  Well, this is certainly not a bad place to live.  Look at all the room for gardens!!  I can hardly wait to get started planting.

Lyle: Meh, me not so much.  Yeah, house is ok for starters but you DID say I could do somethings other than just more gardening.  Right?

Kelly:  Dude!  You gotta be kidding me!  She's gonna cook for us, take care of the house and all we have to do is plant a few things.  Come on, what more do you need?  And......well, she is kind of eye candy, right?  Oh, and I have dibs.  First come after all.  Let's get to it..

W:  Amanda you'd best watch out for this one.  I think those eyelashes really did the trick for him. Be careful, not sure he'd make a good, long term spouse.

Amanda:  Yeah, I know.  Gotta find a mate though and he really is a nice guy, and, not to mention, not bad looking for a created Sim.  Meanwhile there is way too much to do to even think about such things.

W:  Well, you'd best get cracking at it and don't get distracted.  Need I mention the McCloud family?  Just sayin'.

True to his word, Kelly got busy.  So many things to plant and big plans on what he wants for the future.

He didn't even notice when it got much later......

Lyle:  Yeah, lookin' good.  You do know there is grilled cheese sandwiches waiting for you, right?  Must say this is definitely your cup of tea.  Not mine though.

Kelly:  Ok.  Be right there, soon as I finish.....

Meanwhile, back in the house, Amanda has decided they are all going to acquire the Grilled Cheese skill.  If nothing else it's easy and hey, a Sim has to eat after all.

Amanda:  This really looks good.  You know, my favorite meal has always been grilled cheese sandwiches and hot tomato soup.  You dip the sandwich in the soup and it's yummy!

Lyle:  Um hmmm.  (Will she ever stop?  I've got studying to do. )

Amanda:  I mean, most folks don't consider dipping sandwiches in their soup, must be a human thing,  but I think it's beyond comfort food.  This one is looking particularly great.  Ah well, no soup tonigh Lyle.

Lyle:  (And that may be a blessing because I'd have to listen to her rhapsodized over soup next.)  Ah, huh.  Studying here.

Amanda:  You think Kelly will plant tomatoes?  I'd best add buy seeds to my to do list.  Ahhh, heaven.  Soooo, yummy.  You sure you won't have one?  I made lots, so we never have to go hungry.  We all have to eat like 20 or more of these babies.

Lyle:  And I'm sure you'll keep us well supplied.  Soon as I finish this chapter.........oh, and thanks.

Evening wore on and soon the overly tired Sims headed down to the basement to catch what sleep they could on their Air Cushion beds.  Amanda, as founder, had gotten a more upscale and comfortable bed.  Not the best, but sure beats the Air Cushion.  It's so sad we have to make do with bottom of the line everything.  Ah well, that's the way of these things at first.

W:  Do I need to tell you you have to GET UP?  Crivens girl.  You only have gardners, or should I say ONE gardner? 

Amanda:  On it!  Fisherman coming up!

Not to want to start anything, but Amanda has been having extremely good luck.  She has faith that God will provide and so far He does.  After a short, rapid visit to Oasis Springs, there he was.  The only fisherman in sight.  It didn't even take eyelashes or studying clouds, he was in!

Amanda:  Soooo, you already know about Immortal Dynasty, right?  And Watchers?  Having to work till the end of your days?

Dylan:  Yes, mam I do.  Look, I have the Gloomy trait.  Not everyone can deal with that.  I get lonely, you know?  So a house full of folks who accept me as I am just catching fish for my living, sounds good to me.  You are a good cook, right?

Amanda:  Yes, if you like Grilled Cheese.

Dylan:  I am so there!  Did you know if you take a grilled cheese sandwich and dip it in tomato soup it is heavenly!?  So, let's hit the road lady friend and show me where I'm about to live.

W:  So far so good.  About 90 gajillion more things to go.  See ya later, "Mandy".

Amanda:  The name's "Amanda", so cutting it out.  Are you always like this?  Never mind.  Don't answer that.  I'm outtie.....

----------
My No Buy Story

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Moving Right Along
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2019, 05:06:37 PM »
Chapter 3. Moving Right Along

So far life had been really good to Amanda.  Sure, she only had a lot with a wannabe house on it, and she lived with two guys who seemed decent and hardworking enough, but somehow she knew there was so much more to life and so very many things she had to do.  With this determination a plan came to her.  Just like a good chess move!

Plan?  Simple.  She had to have at least 6 friends and they had to be LIVING friends.  Why not start early and make friends with the gang of kids.  She hoped she could progress along fast enough they would still be good friends when she reached E. Day, (Elder day).

Still, with her cheerful nature going for her, she chose to take a stroll and maybe do some fishing.  After all, one of the main ingredients in that oh-so-secret recipe  was angel fish, and she hoped this was the perfect place to snag some.  Off in the distance she could see her new fisherman hard at work.  Looks like he is definitely going to be a winner.

Might as well join him!  Two has gotta be better than just one.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, (giggles), looks like the gardening is coming along as well.
Kelly seems to think it's pretty cold out while she's enjoying the breezes off the bay.

W:  You know you need to get a few more things going for you, right?  Maybe you should check out some fun stuff?  I hear there's a hermit growing a lot of goodies not to mention the much better fishing.

Amanda:  Not a bad idea W.  The guys might like a change of scenery and a challenge.  Maybe pick up some new things to plant as well as fish.  And make another friend.  Whisk us away, W, we're ready to roll!

The Watcher, W. for short, called up the correct conveyances and off they went.  A few things were bought at the kiosk in the woods but not much going on here in the early spring.  Plus, the guys were NOT amused with tenting and the bathroom facilities were less than charming.  Moving right along, they went to Deep Woods and after searching for and finding the path, were soon at the Hermits house.  First off, potty, second, meet the hermit!

Amanda:  Hi there!  Name's Amanda Newcombe and we're hoping you're up for some company.  We'd love to just take over your house for a bit and....

Hermit:  Yeah, yeah.  Just don't get in the way, park your tents and be welcome.  Say, you guys good cooks?  I'm tired of my own cooking.

Amanda:  Sure!  We'll whip up some great grilled cheese.  Even Kelly is a decent cook.

After some time reading and studying.......with me cooking of course......

and some time in companionable fishing.........

It was time to say farewell and head back home.......and so I bid you farewell till next time.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
House Beginnings
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »
Chapter 4.  The House

After a lot of hard work and patience, several of the "family" Sims, founder and helpers, had achieved "Connections".  Kelly joined the Gardening Career as a flower arranger, Lyle had already joined the Scientist career before he got connected which he regrets, Dylan is still a happily unemployed fisherman who is also working on his woodworking skills and Amanda, she just got her first promotion in the Culinary Career!  Yay! Amanda!  Now all she needs is a spouse, an heir and......too much more.
     The house improved bits at a time thanks to Connections but there is still a lot more to go.  Several empty rooms and mind changing of the Watcher.  Still, here is how it looks.  If you notice a change in the kitchen/dining area just chalk it up to the Watcher not making up her mind!  Hope you enjoy the tour.

Needs landscaping and a lot more tlc but this will be the only basic shape.  (I hope)

Second floor.  When you go up the room you enter is for artistic endeavors and is an "Inspired" room.  There is also a small bathroom.

Ground level.  This is pretty much the main house now, BUT the kitchen has been moved.  Doing it in the sort of octagonal room just was too much of a pain and led to pathing problems, (slow Sims).  It is now to the left in the center area.  The right hand octagon is a sitting room/lounge with the tv and sofa etc.  There is also a nice book case and some comfy chairs obtained via Connections.  The smaller blue room is a full bathroom and the other is a locked way down to the basement 1.

A very raw basement.  All the bedrooms are en-suite, no waiting for bathroom!  As you can see there are a lot of computers set up with the best available via connections.  This is also where Dylan has hung his mounted fish which won't count, and where Lyle can practice his work stuff or do woodworking.  There's definitely a great deal more that needs doing before I finally put in the museum space, gym, and whatever I decide on.  So far it is pretty much a "Focus" area.

That's it for now!  Time to get back to skilling!

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
Chapter 5. Moving On
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 03:14:06 PM »
Chapter 5. Moving On

What with all the effort put in, fishing, gardening, cooking and house building, it seemed like it just had to be a good time to take a break.  You know, get out of the house and socialize a bit and, oh yeah, see if there is an interesting guy to meet up.  Couldn't hurt to hit gym, right?

Kelly was definitely looking good.  Sometimes it seems like all you saw of the guy was dirt and weeds but he was actually getting pretty strong.  Definitely not bad looking.  I kept checking him out as we worked out together.  I keep getting the feeling he would not be at all adverse to a new home situation, a romantic home situation.

Kelly:  So this is a good break, right?  I mean, (huff, puff), what's to hate about a little work out?  I must say, you make it seem so easy.

Amanda:  Well there is more to me than just grilled cheese ya know.  Talking about which, if we don't work out pretty often we'll be carrying those sandwiches everywhere on the bod.  Gotta work them off.

Kelly:  Yeah.  Sorry I haven't grown any tomatoes.  We must have forgotten to get some when we were at the kiosk.  No tomato soup to go with.

Amanda:  Yeah.  (sigh)  Oh well, it's gonna happen sooner or later.  Hopefully sooner.  I admit I'm getting a bit tired of grilled cheese.  It's like all we're able to talk about to everyone!

Kelly:  I know, right?  Say, have you checked out those guys behind you?  Looks like there are some handsome dudes here, not to mention the hot babes.

Amanda:  Eh, so so.  That guy Brandt?  He's off limits.  No girls for him.  Paolo is cute for sure but he has issues.  I'm looking for Mr. Right, not Mr. Right Now if you catch my drift.

Meanwhile, Lyle is looking for love in all the wrong places.

Lyle:  So, can I get an introduction or something?

Rising Star:  Sorry.  Busy, as you can see.  Just go and be a fan, ok?

Of course, life couldn't all be fun and games.  After a few words of encouragement from the Watcher, (yeah, right, that's what SHE said they were) Amanda thought it was time for a family meeting to discuss where they were going and to refocus on the goals.

Amanda:  Look guys, I gotta tell ya W. has been on my case like hard.  And she's right.  We've lost focus. 

Kelly:  Sorry, Mandy.  I've done my best in the garden but it takes time you know.  And what with no tomato plants and a few others, I'm a bit behind.

Amanda:  Kelly, I understand.  Dude you are out there morning, noon and night, like Dylan, always fishing. 

Lyle:  I do my part too, you know.  True, I really enjoy going off to work but have you noticed how stressed I am when I come home?  These is hardly any days when the W. is able to be there with me.  At least I have a ray gun now, which we haven't even used.

Amanda:  Nothing to use it on Lyle.  I don't want to zap your crystals and minerals, you need all you get for the job, and as for trophies, few and far between.  Plus, Dylan would be very annoyed if we did in the frogs which he says he'll need for special fish.

Kelly: All right, so focus on getting this dynasty going right.  Amanda you need to get connected and get a job so skills and whims for  you.  I need to work a bit more on both and get connected as well.  Lyle, you got a decent job and didn't even wait for connections but you know we could always use the cash. 

Amanda:  Right.  Ok, dinner time for Lyle, more grilled cheese of course, and I'm off to work on mixology.  Will you guys catch up Dylan if I miss him?

(Together):  Yes'm.

Amanda:  So, just a gentle pour......not too much or too fast....

Amanda:  Watcher, you catching this?  Your girl has got what it takes!  One  Zebra Fizz comin' up.... and now, a little music to soothe your over worked, underpaid, Watcher soul.

W:  I get paid?

Meanwhile, back in the garden....

Kelly:  That's it.  Finally got enough points and just tap in this last career opportunity, "Gardening", yep, that's the one.   Done!  Hope Amanda gets the job she wants now.

Lyle: *sotto vocce so Amanda doesn't hear*   She's right.  We've worked hard but lost our focus.  I think I've got a plan.  Wait till she's gone, get the guys together and strategize.  Yep......

With plans rolling around in his head, and my cat literally screaming for her food, (as usual), it's time for me to bid you adieu.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2019, 09:39:25 PM »
It looks like things are coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to seeing who Amanda ends up with. I like the garden. I know you had trouble getting back into gardening after Seasons, so it's nice to see that you've found a way to enjoy that aspect of the game again.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 02:27:06 PM »
Gorgeous house, and your founder is really pretty. She's got gardening, cooking and fishing going -- looking forward to finding out who the spouse will be.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 03:08:13 PM »
Thank you ladies!  (Hmmm, assumption there.  Could be guys I guess.  lol)  Anyway, many thanks

@reggikko:  I did hate gardening after Seasons then found out all I had to do was move everything inside.  Of course, the native and landscaped flora still looks awful and I struggle with that.  Hate creepy, dead looking plants.

@MarianT:.  Thank you.  It's the eyelashes.  Lol.  I used kikko's cc. eyelashes which are pretty spectacular but even without them I got lucky.  She started out fairly pretty and it took little work to make her look just right.  My secret?  I start with making them bald, fix the eyebrows, (they are so horrid usually!), and then go from there.  If they can look really good in pretty much every hair style and/or color I consider it a success for a pretty sim.

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 06:33:39 PM »
I love the house and I like Kelly. It must be the beard.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 07:27:44 PM »
Lol.  It's definitely the beard.  But he is so much older than Amanda.

----------
My No Buy Story