Author Topic: Stylist  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Stylist
« on: May 20, 2019, 10:11:36 PM »
Hi, I have a sim in the stylist profession and was wondering something. He currently has an assignment to makeover another sim and next to each of the required outfits is a number in parentheses. I'm wondering what that number means if anything?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Stylist
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 01:07:00 AM »
I haven't played a Stylist career, but I am wondering if it might be part of a job, where you help a client choose some new outfits? The numbers in parentheses might have to do with what outfits they already have or may need to add?

Here's a couple of links on the Stylist Career:

https://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/careers/ambitions/stylist.php

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Stylist
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 02:06:37 AM »
Yes, the stylist gives a make over to the client and the assignment is various types of clothing like everyday or formal or whatever. I was just curious what the number after it meant. I'm wondering if it means that many pieces to the outfit like top, pants, shoes (3)?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 01:19:41 PM »
Are you asking about the numbers by the outfits when you're styling someone via the stylist?

If that's the case, that means they already have one outfit, and you can choose another or delete the 2nd one.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 02:11:38 PM »
Thanks! I just confirmed over at the official forum that yes, the number behind the outfit category does mean that they want 1, 2 or 3 pieces of that category. For example, when there is a (2) behind everyday, it means they want 2 pieces of a new everyday outfit. His very first assignment was negative b/c I didn't pay attention to that number. : /

Also 1 piece of a category in an outfit means a whole outfit and not just pants.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 04:36:35 PM »
Speaking of the Stylist lot, I just took my journalist sim there to interview some sims and suddenly TWO of the same sim (the default stylist) showed up! Has this happened anybody else?
Rebecca Lyles Stylist 1.jpg

Rebecca Lyles Stylist 2.jpg

Two Rebecca Lyles.jpgTwo Rebecca Lyles.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 06:07:50 PM »
I've had duplicate Sims in my game before. I'm not sure exactly how it happened.

Though it was explained a long while back that sometimes the game picks Sims from the household library and places them in game. To get rid of them you have to manually delete the duplicate Sim and delete them out of your household library.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything