Author Topic: Foreign versions of the game  (Read 2045 times)

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
Foreign versions of the game
« on: May 21, 2019, 08:44:20 PM »
I bought one of the expansions on Ebay, but didn't realize until it arrived that the expantion is a European version (it has the European rating instead of the US rating).

Now, one of my stuff packs is also from Europe, but that one came from the UK, so there's really not a language difference save for a few different spellings. This one looks like it came from Switzerland. However, the text on the cover, disc, and inserts are all written in English, it just mentions Switzerland on the back of the cover at the bottom. If the cover and everything is in English, will the expansion itself also have English text in game, or will it all be written in Swiss/languages spoken in Switzerland?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Foreign versions of the game
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 09:06:57 PM »
I don't know. If it looks like it may be in a different language and you haven't opened it, you might check into returning it for a refund. As from what I understand you need the game to be all in one language for it to work properly.

You may already know this, but it is a good idea to not buy games via Ebay or any other 3rd party retailer unless specifically states that it's new in package. Otherwise you risk it being a used copy which might be already registered to a previous owner and can not be re-registered. 

EA doesn't support used copies of the game.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 10:21:31 PM »
I don't know. If it looks like it may be in a different language and you haven't opened it, you might check into returning it for a refund. As from what I understand you need the game to be all in one language for it to work properly.

You may already know this, but it is a good idea to not buy games via Ebay or any other 3rd party retailer unless specifically states that it's new in package. Otherwise you risk it being a used copy which might be already registered to a previous owner and can not be re-registered. 

EA doesn't support used copies of the game.

No, it's brand new. Came in the plastic wrap. It appears to be in English as everything on the package is written in English, I'm just not sure that it will be when I install it.

However I have also read on other forums that if you install the base game in one language, the expansions will install in the same language, but I don't know how accuarate that is.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 10:01:45 AM »
What you should do is contact the seller. Ask them if the game is in English or Swiss.

Offline Tynynounours

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 05:11:16 PM »
on my FR expansion, on the back, I have two little french flag, one for the text, and one for tutoriel.

It's small, on the right, under the 4 images of the game, and above the PEGI icons info for age, "violence" and "woohoo"

maybe you can check.

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 09:26:27 AM »
So I tested this the other day. I went to install the game. Didn't do a full install, as I'm not ready to actually install the expansion yet. Just went through the menus.

Regardless, while in the install menus, everything was in English, so I think it might be good. Nothing has been in a foreign language except the Swiss address for Electronic Arts on the back of the box.