Author Topic: Pirate Clothes and Stylist Career  (Read 3597 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Pirate Clothes and Stylist Career
« on: June 03, 2019, 02:05:40 PM »
Hi, does anybody know if the pirate clothes came w/Barnacle Bay? I have a set of boots that get put on to every single outfit and I totally hate them. They're called Boat Boots and I can't uninstall them. I tried all of the pirate looking clothes. I'm thinking if they came w/BB, then that would be why. Otherwise, maybe there's a way to disable certain outfit categories for the boots?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Pirate Clothes
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 03:37:04 PM »
I am not sure what set the boots come from, I assume that they're from the Barnacle Bay set or a related set.

There may not be away disable certain outfits, unless it can be done by a mod. I'm not sure on that. Might be worth asking over at Nraas if they know of such a mod.

You can delete Store items you don't want via the Sims 3 launcher > Installed Content tab. Select the item(s) you want uninstalled then click the uninstall button.

(Click image to enlarge)

Please note I run the 1.67 version of Sims 3, so my launcher looks different that the 1.69 version. However you can still get to the installed content the same way.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 04:41:51 PM »
I run the same version as you. :)  I also tried to delete the outfits via launcher and it said that they cannot be deleted b/c they are dependent on something. I'll ask over at nraas to see if they know of anything. I tried to log into MTS to ask over there if there was a way to disable certain outfits for those clothes, but was unable to for some reason. What is really, really dumb are the boat boots w/swim wear!! Most of the time I can get rid of it, but I had a client that wanted 1 swimsuit piece and he had those dumb boots on. I think after this run, I'm *never* doing stylist again!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 06:34:47 PM »
In testing this - even with selecting, all the outfits, hair and boots that comes with Barnacle Bay. The boots will not uninstall. I get  the message cannot uninstall package with dependents.

I got this message on most of the outfits, hair and boots.

I'm not sure why other than they're attached to Barnacle Bay town somehow. 

Tried to delete everything but the town file. Some of the objects were able to be deleted, but the boots, hair, and some of the outfits still gave that error (cannot uninstall package with dependents.)

I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully someone over at Nraas or MTS has some answers.

As the only thing I can think of is to remove the boots every time they come up in CAS. or uninstall Barnacle Bay and it's related files.

If you need a list of what to delete, you can view what gets installed with the town file with this link here:

Complete Barnacle Bay
https://store.thesims3.com/barnacleBay.html?categoryId=20268

Click on the Items tab and mouse over each item to see it's name.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 10:11:38 PM »
I usually do remove the boots when they come up. This time however, the client had them on and I couldn't do anything about it. However, in hindsight, after the makeover, I could take the other sim into MC/Stylist and remove the boots. They are sooooo ugly!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 12:03:02 AM »
I usually delete the boots when they show up when I'm in CAS as well.

If you did post at Nraas and/or MTS, would you post what they mention? I find it really odd that you can't delete pieces of that set.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Pirate Clothes and Stylist Career
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 01:26:33 AM »
I don't know if I could have removed his shoes or not. I did learn (from browsing around) that he could just go to the salon and just do makeovers there and just ignore the assignments. I'm thinking that's what I'm going to do. I did ask over at MTS about making the career easier and one lady just said that charisma helps. He does have 3 pts in charisma now and the first 2 skill challenges. I guess I kind of dragged my heels on that one b/c it's the least fav of the skills for me.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »
When I was testing stylist out before I could change out any of their outfits, shoes, or accessories.

I pretty much ignored all the jobs and continued to use the drafting table to research new fashion concepts. I got job experience from that and was able to level the career up that way. This was the easiest way to me.

I was enjoying the career. I just had to stop playing it for now because trying to play out both stylist and journalist was to much for me. Both careers demand a lot of attention. After I finish the journalist career. I'll be starting the stylist career over again, and taking notes.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 06:46:04 PM »
I hear  you on trying 2 professions at once! That would be nerve wracking. Anyway, I got another response on my MTS thread. She had some pretty good advice:

The stylist profession, if not some or all the professions, does have a realistic XP (experience) status. Just like in real life, you do not start off something completely being new to you and be a master at it. You make mistakes, a lot of mistakes and you learn from it and improve all the time until you're at a level where you are a seasoned professional. So basically, the progression from being inexperienced to being experienced through studying, hard work and on-the-job training over time.

"The Discuss Fashion social--given only to Stylists--helps start the makeover on a positive note. Note: At level 6 Stylists receive the Give Fashion Advice social, which helps other Sims find temporary new looks. Appreciative Sims then have a higher LTR (Long Term Relationship) with the Stylist. Once your Sim reaches level 3 of the Stylist profession, jobs outside the salon are unlocked. Now, you can use map view during work hours to identify clients around town in need of makeovers. Click on their houses to go straight there. Before digging into the Makeover (now available as an interaction/social on the target Sim), be sure to get the client in a good mood. Female clients may also request new make-up. ---You do not need to alter every category of make-up to satisfy this request, but address at least three make-up features before completing the makeover." -The Sims 3: Ambitions Prima Game Guide

-The client needs to be in a good mood. A simple, 'Ask about Day' social will help in gauging their current mood. Of course, if you are one who plays with hideheadlineeffects on then unless you turn it off, that interaction or other visual cues won't be useful since you wouldn't see it. Also, sometimes in the upper right corner it will give a description of their mood after your Sim asked.
-Befriending clients helps but is not what solely determines whether the Stylist does a good or bad job.
-All client's requests should be met before completing the makeover.
-The more successful makeovers and fulfilling the portifolio, the more success to offer makeovers to non-clients to gain more XP and simoleons.
-If I remember correctly, just changing the color/patterns of what the client is already wearing does not count as new.
-Use the draft table to research fashion for XP as well.

Stylist Responsibilities
-Take styling jobs
-Earn money by styling other Sims
-Research style

The more XP gained, the more successful makeovers will become. Or so, that's my observation.

I didn't know about turning the headlines on. I'll have to try that.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2019, 08:14:48 PM »
I just tried something. The job description said "multiple everyday looks" and it had a 3 after it. I took a chance that it meant 3 different outfits. It was right on. Also, definitely, the charisma skill does help tons!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2019, 03:54:54 PM »
I love those boots ... gives my sims a certain "I'm homeless and I'm happy to flaunt it" quality - "now, would you give me some money Mr/Miss rich homeowner sim?"

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2019, 03:19:27 AM »
LOL Dek! They're ok w/the right outfit, but NOT w/formal wear or swim wear!! lol

anything