Author Topic: How would you make a Sim look like Disney's Aladdin on the PS3 version?  (Read 5267 times)

Offline Jake Johnson

• Llama Wrangler
See topic.

This is the first time I've tried to build a Sim specifically around one existing character, and I thought I'd go for Aladdin from the new version of Disney's Aladdin with Will Smith.

I've figured out his traits: Brave, Daredevil, Good Sense of Humor, Athletic, and Lucky.

His Lifetime Wish is to become a Master Thief.

His house would literally have nothing - no TV, no ovens (his favorite food will be Sushi), no bathtub (he'll shower at the gym.)

Instead of having the Genie, I will play allowing him to use Good (and only Good) Karma powers three times to represent his three wishes.

I'm just stuck trying to get him to look right (as I said in my topic title, I play the PS3 version - so I cannot "import" a GIF or JPG for my Sim.)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
It's been years since I've played Sims 3, so I don't know what's available in-game. For example I'm not sure if the genie costume is available to use. Though you should be able to color the Sim Blue.

If the genie costume isn't available, you might have to try to find something close enough.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Mrs Flynn, I think Jake's wanting to make Aladdin, not the Genie. (the genie is the one in blue)

I don't have any experience with PS3, so I can't help there, however: https://blogs.lcms.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Aladdin-768x403.jpg is a link to Aladdin holding the lamp.

Genies and their clothing comes in the Showtime expansion pack, at least with Sims 3 on PC. In that pack, the Genie clothes are available for use. Is there a similar expansion pack in the PS3 Version?

I'd be happy to have a go at creating Aladdin in Sims 3 for you, but I'm not sure how much help it would be to you.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
If I remember correctly, the PS3 edition didn't have anything from Showtime or any other expansions that the pc has.

There was a Pets edition, but that too also had nothing from any other pc expansion/stuff packs.

This is why I mentioned what I did, that he may have to try to find something close enough.

The computer files aren't compatible with the PS3 version of the game because they are completely separate games.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything