Author Topic: Bridgeport  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Bridgeport
« on: June 19, 2019, 10:24:46 PM »
hello everybody:

i am planning to play a game in bridgeport, but i really don't like supernaturals so i was wondering can i fill bridgeport up with regular sims or will it mess things up if i do that? if i uncheck everything in the options will this be ok? thanks for any answers!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Bridgeport
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2019, 11:10:06 PM »
Turning off all the supernaturals in a town is possible. I don't think it will mess the town or anything up. You just won't have any supernaturals.

Turning them off via the Game Options > Advanced Demographics Options - Population Control Settings will only prevent the game from spawning in more supernaturals.

If I understand correctly, that option won't delete the the original supernatural townies that are already there.

You need to use testingcheats to get rid of the supernatural townies that are already in Bridgeport.

Press Shift-Ctrl-C (at the same time), type in testingcheatsenabled on. Press Enter. Shift-Left mouse click on the mailbox and select Supernatural population control > Remove Supernatural Sims from the World. You have to do this for all of the supernaturals you want gone.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2019, 07:40:19 PM »
thank you so much mrs. flynn

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2019, 12:57:04 PM »
Hi Peanuts! If you want to cure all of the supernaturals in the town, you need nraas/master controller/intermediate/occult remove. This is what I do for all towns w/sn's that I don't want.

Ok, I loaded my game and the full path is city hall or comp/nraas/MC/sim/intermediate/occult remove/gender (M/F)/all at the top then press the check mark at the bottom. This will remove all occult status from all sims in the town. Then you're free to play normal sims as you see fit.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 02:31:54 PM »
Hi again Peanuts. I just had a thought that if you don't want to use any mods, you might want to avoid Moonlight Falls, Midnight Hollow, and Bridgeport. Those worlds are filled w/vamps, weres, and witches. Otherwise, it does either take a mod to cure all of them, or you would have to research the potent cure potion (I believe alchemy) to cure each one individually. That would be very hard to do. Island Paradise has 1 ghost family and mermaids.

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2020, 04:20:45 PM »
If I remember correctly, you can also go to the science lab and have the pre-existing playable vampires in Bridgeport be cured of their vampirism. Just send them there and I believe you can have them turn back to normal.

Plus, if you have Supernatural installed, I think you can give up supernatural life states for normal ones. There's a self interaction called "forsake powers" or "give up powers" or something like that. This interaction should work on any Supernatural life state, but i'm not 100% certain.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2020, 09:04:17 PM »
@SimFan1228 the "Ask to Forsake Powers" thing can only be initiated by other sims and it's actually a romantic interaction! The supernatural sim has to be active for it to work because it fires an opportunity chain.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.