Author Topic: Sunbathing  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
Sunbathing
« on: June 27, 2019, 02:45:35 AM »
Ok-- every time I try to sunbathe in Sulani, the game says it's too dark.  Even at noon on a sunny day.  Is this a bug, or is something else going on?  I had my sims grab towels and head to the park in Oasis Springs, and they were able to sunbathe just fine there.
And just curious, how long does a tan last?  My sims darkened up nicely, and when I had them try again the next day, I don't think they got any darker.  And will they wake up pale one morning, or do they lose their color slowly?

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: Sunbathing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 03:52:59 AM »
Ok-- every time I try to sunbathe in Sulani, the game says it's too dark.  Even at noon on a sunny day.  Is this a bug, or is something else going on?  I had my sims grab towels and head to the park in Oasis Springs, and they were able to sunbathe just fine there.
And just curious, how long does a tan last?  My sims darkened up nicely, and when I had them try again the next day, I don't think they got any darker.  And will they wake up pale one morning, or do they lose their color slowly?

If you haven't, try re-updating and repairing the game after taking out any and all mods of the mods folder (and placed them far away from the main game folder).
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2019, 12:24:17 AM »
How do you repair?  I've tried to look for the option a few times, all I see is a help article telling me to back up and delete the Sims 4 document folder.  Ok, that deletes all my save games, but what about repairing?

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 12:41:51 AM »
It’ll be in Origin. Right-Click on the game icon in your library and it’ll say repair in the drop down list

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 12:44:27 AM »
While in Origin, go into your game library to see all the games you own and right click the Sims 4, an option to update, repair and uninstall should pop up. Just make sure to remove any CC or Mods before updating by dragging your Mods folder to your desktop.

Edit: Lol, I just got beat to this post.  :P

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 12:58:16 AM »
Backing up the Sims 4 folder from the documents folder to say the desktop does not delete the Sims 4 folder or saved games. It just copies or moves it to a different spot on your computer.

Where your Sims 4 folder is (Saves, mods, Sims, Lots)
C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

To save this folder to the desktop - right-click on the Sims 4 folder, Copy or Cut and Paste it to the desktop. This will save a copy of the Sims 4 folder to your desktop. You can then find the folder with a similar path as below:

C:\Users\Username\Desktop\The Sims 4

Launch the game, and it will create a new Sims 4 folder.

Here are the Files and Folders To Add Back In from the Sims 4 folder on the desktop:
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.msg401669#post_FF2AB

Nindigo mentioned to take out your mods folder. This is fairly easy to do. For testing purposes, you can right-click on the mods folder and select Cut and paste that to the desktop.

When moving the mods folder to the desktop, it is also a good idea to delete the game cache as well as the localthumbcache.package from your Sims 4 folder. [C:\Users\Username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4]

This helps troubleshoot gameplay issues, a new localthumbcache.package will be made when you start playing again. This file is okay to delete.

Delete Game Cache Files (What and How-To)
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=29288.msg401662#msg401662

How do you repair?  I've tried to look for the option a few times, all I see is a help article telling me to back up and delete the Sims 4 document folder.  Ok, that deletes all my save games, but what about repairing?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 01:09:35 AM »
Okay, I found that option.  I've also discovered that the issue is specific to one save, I loaded another game and they can tan no problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

anything