Author Topic: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 8/11]  (Read 10599 times)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 8/11]
« on: June 27, 2019, 09:25:22 PM »
Welcome, as I try to figure my way through the my new SimTech Dynasty! All rules can be found on the Challenges board.
Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I do playing/writing it!

Journal Entries:

No Tech Era

1. Shipwrecked
2. Life As We Know It
3. Under the Waterfall
4. We Didn't Plan This
5. Time Flies (No Tech Era Completed)
6. Continued Beginnings (Low Tech Era Begins)
7. Last Assignment
8. New Day, Dark Night

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2019, 09:25:48 PM »
Members of the Matua Dynasty

Founder: Miri
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Co-founder: Akamu

Low Tech Heirs: Lulu & Gia

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 09:26:17 PM »
Challenge Statistics:

No Tech Era Achievements

Goal: max 5 of the following skills-- Charisma, Fishing, Fitness, Parenting, Singing (I chose these 5)
1. Fishing: Akamu
2. Charisma: Miri
3. Fitness: Akamu
4. Singing: Loto
5. Comedy: Miri

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Low Tech Achievements:

Completed Skills-- Cooking, Gardening, Flower arranging, Guitar, Violin, Wellness, or previously unclaimed skill (Comedy, Mischief)

Completed Aspirations-- Angling Ace, Freelance Botanist, Friend of the World, Outdoor Enthusiast, Serial Romantic, Soulmate, Curator

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lots Used:

No Tech Era & Low Tech Era:
Lot: 40x30 Key Point, Sulani
I didn't do anything special to the lot since it fit in with my theme pretty perfectly!

CC Used:

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 09:26:59 PM »
Journal Entry: Shipwrecked

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Day One: I'm awoken by a loud noise as the sea beneath me is ravenously rocking the boat back and forth. It's dark, too dark for me to see but I get up anyways. As I swing my legs over to stand, my feet are met with water. I tried to take a few steps but large amount of water sloshing back and forth was making the floor extremely slippery.
This was going to be difficult, I thought to myself. As I began to feel my way towards the steps, finally I reach the first one...and then as I make my first step I feel a sharp pain on the backside of my head...and lights out.

Day ??: I woke up. I'm immediately met with a jarring headache and a bright ray of sun to the eyes. I try to sit up but I couldn't find the strength. My upper body crashed back down into the sand. Sand? Why am I in sand?
My mind is spinning, where am I? Did the boat crash? Is there anyone else around? I let out a small cry and I immediately felt the warmth of someone next to me.

"Help..." I whispered.
Man: " Hey, hey now, it's okay. you're fine. shhh"

I looked up and saw a man peering above me.

I panicked and tried to move away from him.

Me: " Wh..who..are you.. please don't hurt me"
Man: " I promise you are safe here. My name is Akamu"
Me:" What happened? wher...where am I?"
Akamu: " Please calm down, here let me help you up"

Akamu gently helped me up on to a log he had carved out into a bench. And then began telling me how he found me in the water several days ago.

There had been a massive storm that rolled through the islands and the next day when he was strolling the beach he found me. I had been knocked pretty hard in the head it seemed, so I guess that at least explains my headache. He also told me that he too had ended up here alone one day, and hasn't seen a soul until now.

Akamu: "Do you remember who you are?"
Me: " I umm..all I remember is my name..it's.. it's Miri...Miri Matua"
Akamu: "Do you know where you came from or anything?

I thought long and hard about anything else I could possibly think of. I couldn't remember where I had come from or where I had been going. All I remember was waking up on a dark ship, and then waking up on the beach.
My eyes began to well up with tears as the realization hits me that I may have just forgotten who I really am.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2019, 02:35:55 PM »
Journal Entry: Life As We Know It

Day 7: A lot has happened over the past few days (Akamu so graciously helped me remember how many days I had been out here)... I've since regained my strength and have begun learning more and more about this new life that has seemingly forced itself upon me.
Akamu has been especially helpful in showing me the ways of the new island, although I think he is more just really happy to have someone else around besides some seagulls, crabs and fish.

Every morning I wake up to the smell of a crackling fire, usually Akamu wakes up before dawn, fishes for breakfast and is spearing the fish on to sticks before I even walk out of our little hut.

I guess you could say it's become our daily ritual to cook next to each other every morning.

Me:" Akamu, so tell me about how you got here?"
Akamu: " Well...I also was on a boat prior to arriving here. Except I chose to come here...well sort of anyways"
Me: "What do you meant you chose to come here?"

He began telling me his story about how he had to flee his village because they accused him of a crime he did not commit. But midway through his journey he also was met with a fierce storm that sank his ship, he held onto a piece of wood for days before making it to the shore we now live on.

Me: " And you've never seen anyone around here?"
Akamu: " No, not a soul until you."

As he said that, a peculiar feeling rushed over me, was there some magical force at work that caused both of us to make it to this particular beach? Did the entire world come to an end and we were the soul survivors?
Some nights I lie awake for hours (or what feels like hours) wondering if maybe there is a reason behind all this. Perhaps this new discovery for the both of us is the cause of something much greater than we could of ever thought. Maybe we were meant to created a new world in a different land.

Akamu seemed to realize I had been lost in thought and gently snapped me out of it.

Akamu: "Are you okay? I thought I sort of lost you there."
Me: " Oh.. yeah yeah I'm fine, I just was thinking about the reasons why we both are here..."
Akamu: " Believe me, I did that a lot when I got here...but now I've just accepted my fate and make the most of every day. Now come over here and help me finish up this sand castle, it'll help you get your mind off things."

As I molded the sand, his hand lightly brushed mine. He looked up at me and blushed a little and immediately returned to his side of the castle.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't developing feelings for him. He did after all save my life and has continued too since I've been here.

Akamu: " Well uhh that looks great Miri"

He nervously stood up, and before I knew it I had walked over and stood in front of him.
I looked at him in his eyes, he caught them for a moment and then looked down at the sand.
I wanted him to know how much I've grown to care for him, and how much I appreciated him caring for me.
But the words were not there, so I just leaned in and gave him a kiss.

After a few moments he finally mustered up something to say.

Akamu: " I umm, wow that was nice"
Me: *blushing* " I'm glad you think so, I really hadn't planned on doing that."
Akamu: " I mean, lets just say...if I had to be stuck on an island with anyone- it would be you."

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 04:50:49 PM »
What a handsome couple! And the IL clothing and tattoos look perfect for this. Good luck!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 06:46:29 PM »
@MarianT Thank you! Yes the outfits were very spot on, I'm glad cause all the CC for Prehistoric Era were not really island friendly, more like caveman theme!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2019, 07:26:10 PM »
I really like your story so far. You have me testing a couple to give this a try. I can't wait to red more.

Offline BallerinaHippo

• Immortal
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2019, 02:31:25 PM »
Yay! You've already got the story going.  I love it so far.   :)

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2019, 03:54:02 PM »
@sdhoey @BallerinaHippo  Thank you! This first era is definitely challenging, and I probably should have tested before beginning. Haha

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2019, 04:51:04 PM »
Journal Entry: Under the Waterfall

Well where do I begin? I've completely forgotten how many days I've actually been on this island. Akamu and I have been quite busy honing our skills in certain areas to keep each other busy. Just the other day Akamu mastered fishing! We literally eat so much fresh fish these days we would have enough to feel quite a few people...That is if there were more people around here.

That night as we were sitting down for a nice dinner of seared tuna (fancy, eh?), Akamu seemed to have a lot on his mind.

Me: " Hey, tell me what you're thinking, you're being awfully quiet!"
Akamu: "Well, I know there's like no other choices and I don't want you to think that I'm doing this completely out of necessity. But I've grown to love you Miri and I know there's no one else around to do a marriage ceremony...but before we go any further I want to make things a bit more.. say official?"

I honestly hadn't even thought about doing a marriage ceremony considering where we are and everything, but we ended up finding a sweet little spot near our favorite waterfall. Who knew we both still understood what romance was? Needless to say it was perfect, just the two of us.

Later on that evening we decide to try our hand at woohooing (or at least that's what Akamu called it?), let's just say we haven't left the hut in awhile.

The next day I woke up feeling quite sick to my stomach, I'm not sure if I ate some bad fish or what but I literally can't stop throwing up. Thankfully, since we live so close to the ocean there isn't much clean up required.

This went on for a few days, and along with that my belly got bigger. Turns out I'm with child! I'm completely over the moon about it! Akamu was also quite excited about starting our little family so soon.

Labor was quite rough on the island, but Akamu was very sweet and tended to my every need. A few hours later we welcomed a handsome baby boy into the world.

We named him Loto.

He's the sweetest little thing we could of ever imagined.

He grew into quite the toddler too and he kept Akamu and I quite busy- it definitely changed the way we had to do things around camp!

He was quite active running around all over the beach. While Akamu was doing some swim training, I tried to also practice my speaking skills as well as keep up with Loto.
Needless to say by the end of the day I was quite exhausted.

Loto eventually turned into a very mild manner child, who helped around camp and enjoyed the greener things in life.

Life finally slowed down a bit for all of us, and Akamu and I could finally have some alone time together. So we met under the waterfall again, and the rest was history.

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 6/29]
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2019, 01:11:08 PM »
Oh my goodness!!!  Using the shipwrecked concept for the low tech era is a stroke of genius!!!  Instead of doing it as a time traveling thing (which was totally how I would play it) you just created a brilliant scenario in which the tech would be gone and came up with a great excuse to use the Island pack!  Kudos.
As a footnote, your founder immediately reminded me of Moana.  Not sure if that was intentional at all, but totally where my mind went.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2019, 09:20:52 PM »
@PeregrineTook Aw thank you for the kind comments! It took me a little bit to come up with the idea because I really really wanted to use the Island pack, so I'm glad it came across well (sometimes I get too far in the weeds of details.)
And I honestly have only seen part of that movie in passing, but I guess it's fitting considering the theme!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2019, 12:30:23 AM »
Brilliant!  As usual, I'm loving what you are writing!  I agree with Peregrine, what a great way to use the islands things to get your story going.  Love the romance under the waterfall and the child is perfect and adorable.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
Re: Shipwrecked: A SimTech Dynasty [Journal Updated 7/4]
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2019, 10:00:03 PM »
Journal Entry: We didn't plan this

To say that life picked back up speed is a gross understatement. Turns out I'm apparently quite the fertile one.
Surprise! Welcome twins Lulu & Lagi!

Having now a child and twin babies made things a little difficult to get stuff done around the beach (trying to feed/keep everyone clean is a real struggle!) Thankfully, Loto tried to help out as much as he could so I could at least continue working on my charisma.

Akamu also made it to elder stage and managed to get pretty beefed up from swimming and fishing a lot. Still sexy for an old man if I don't say so myself.

Finally it was also time for all 3 of my children to grow up just a little bit more. I can't believe how quickly everything goes by! Poor Lagi though, he somehow didn't get the gift of tan- so he stays in the shade most days to avoid sunburn.

Turns out Loto also blossomed into a wonderful singer in his teenage years. It's always nice to hear him singing throughout the day as we do our chores.

We are definitely all exhausted by the days end, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm beginning to think this is truly the life I was supposed to lead.