Author Topic: Can't Drown NPC Sims  (Read 8850 times)

Offline Cell Tennyson

• Nooboo
Can't Drown NPC Sims
« on: July 08, 2019, 01:08:29 PM »
Hello Everyone  :)

I am New here.

So the thing is that i can't get NPC sims drown in the pool now. This started happening after the update of its new expansion pack of Island living.

For completing the Public Enemy aspiration i always used to do this. I used to invite to hangout to current lot to some 'Mean' trait-ed Sim, Then go swim with it, immediately i used to cancel my sim to swin and go on ground, and then with the NPC sim still in pool I used to go to build mode and put fence enclosure around the pool to trap the NPC sim. Within  24 sim hours the sim used to drown to death, but now sim becomes uncomfortable, but doesn't die evn when I kept the sim trapped for 3 sim days.

Has anyone else encountered this thing?

Also the sims are blank conversing with each other for longer than usual. Blank conversing means sims talk to each other without any interaction given by the user.

Also there are more bugs that I've encountered too.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Can't Drown NPC Sims [Sims 4]
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 05:55:36 PM »
Sims not dying is a known issue. Sounds like it might have something to do with certain traits or maybe the newest game patch, I'm not sure.

Sims won't die (Drown specifically)
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-won-t-die-Drown-specifically/td-p/7965010

The blank conversation bubbles is another known issue.

[OPEN] Codes instead of text/ Blank text and bubbles
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/OPEN-Codes-instead-of-text-Blank-text-and-bubbles/td-p/3903165
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cell Tennyson

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 04:40:31 AM »
Ok so this is known issue. Alright I guess it wont get fixed until next update.

Also, Blank conversing is different, its when sims look at each other and speak simlish with each other. They are doing it for too long. Like when I want to give Brighten Day interaction to another sim while they are blank conversing with each other, then sim wont abort blank conversing immediately to pass that interaction, instead until it finishes blank conversing sequence (which now takes longer than before) the sim won't pass the interaction. Previously the sim used to abort blank conversing when the player gives some specific interaction.

Hope you can understand now.

Also another thing I noticed that some kitchen decors which have inspiring auras are now not interactive (in live mode). When I mouse hover on them nothing happens, that way I could not enable/disable aura. Here is one object "Professional Ceiling Mounted Pot Rack" it has inspiring aura, but I cant get interaction from it for enabling or disabling its auras. Before the update, it was working fine.

I own Sims 4 Base game, City Living EP and Get Together EP.

The only Mod I use is Kiss Neck on Adults/Young Adults mod.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 01:08:07 AM »
As for the drowning, there are some NPC sims that came with City Living I believe that no matter what, you can not drown. I will have to  double check it in the morning.

The item aura, that one is new to me. Is your mod up to date with the latest patch? That would be the first place I start.
Is this item one that comes with a career promotion promotion?

If I don't reply back, I will check in the morning. Just let me know what has changed or if it has fixed.

Shannon

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 06:45:52 PM »
@Cell Tennyson

I think what you are mentioning is that since the last patch sims have too much idle animation chatter. As in their non-directed chat goes on and on for far longer than it ever did. This is what I am noticing. It is the idle noises (chat) that is not player directed and it seems twice or three times as long as it was before the last patch.

There has obviously been some change to the code but if it is a bug or intended...well, I don't know. Technically I guess it is still functioning as it should... making sims look like they are conversing with each other. However from a players perspective it is very annoying as directing your sims to interact with each other through socializing now takes longer because you have to wait for this 'chat' to end as there is no way to cancel this (because there is no queued icon for animated idle chat).

As for drowning. I'll test this out in my game today and post back.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Cell Tennyson

• Nooboo
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 03:33:41 AM »
Yeah report what ever you've found and yes you have got that right about the sims idle chatting which is not player directed.

But what about the kitchen item auras?

The item aura, that one is new to me. Is your mod up to date with the latest patch? That would be the first place I start.
Is this item one that comes with a career promotion promotion?

yeah Sims get it after reaching specific level in culinary career. I don't know if my mod is up to date with latest patch. But Its just 1 simple mod that allows teen like neck kissing on young adult and adult sims (maybe even elder too). I think it shouldn't affect much game functioning.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »
The aura items are working for me and I was able to drown a sim but that doesn't mean that it isn't a bug as not all players get all the bugs etc. It's quite likely that it is a bug but that simply not many people are trying to drown sims so it is going under-reported. tbh I find killing sims such a long dragged out process that I just don't bother these days but use a cheat to complete that part if the the aspiration.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Cell Tennyson

• Nooboo
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 01:05:40 PM »
The aura items are working for me and I was able to drown a sim but that doesn't mean that it isn't a bug as not all players get all the bugs etc. It's quite likely that it is a bug but that simply not many people are trying to drown sims so it is going under-reported. tbh I find killing sims such a long dragged out process that I just don't bother these days but use a cheat to complete that part if the the aspiration.

Well my kitchen Item auras are NOT working and neither I can drown NPC sims to death now.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 06:21:12 PM »
Yes, I realize you are having these issues @Cell Tennyson   As I stated in my post above, I can not recreate these bugs. It's just one of those things... not all players get all bugs.  The only thing I can suggest is making a bug report on the bug forum and hope these issues get fixed by the devs soon.

MrsFlynn has already linked you to the specific drowning bug report in her post above. There's not much more we can do apart from sympathize as no one here has any direct influence over the game! We're all just players like you.

Offline Sindocat

• Fairy Godfather
  • Townie
Re: Can't Drown NPC Sims
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 09:19:36 PM »
All anyone here can do is ask the typical questions:

Are you using Mods or CC?
Are your Mods up to date?
Have you cleared your caches?
Have you repaired your game?

Mods & CC that seem like they have nothing to do with your issue still can affect things in totally unexpected ways. Code is weird.

My kitchen items are emitting their Inspirational auras, but I honestly haven't tried clicking on them, and since reading this have been in a new house/household without them - my heir married, and I am getting him set up in a new place.

As far as not drowning, that is a known bug but not one I can find it in me to regret. I have kids in a home with a pool, and feel better knowing they are safe from at least one unintended death!
"Who cannot draw upon three thousand years is living from hand to mouth." - Goethe