Author Topic: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 8)  (Read 31250 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 3)
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »

Will you be restarting?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 3)
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 08:59:45 AM »
I binge-read Decadynasty story earlier today.
Though I'm unfamiliar with the town and its original townies and barely remember TS3 gameplay mechanics, I thoroughly enjoyed listening in on your thought processes as you played through your generations.
Poor Rahiti and the tragic loss of Greg, though. Watching you going through your sidestepping, workarounds, populating machinations--what a ride!

I'm like that with your TS4 dynasties but I actually play that game too so...it's not like that at all. :P

I still have not recovered from Greg though.

Will you be restarting?

Nah, I was able to continue but with the loss of nearly two weeks of progress. It really ruined my weekend though! Currently Gen 4 is a toddler with no huge issue, just annoying things I had to overcome (AS USUAL)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 4)
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2019, 04:10:16 PM »
Hua, Part Four

Alright I'm coming up for air. Hit 15k words with NaNoWriMo, which is behind schedule but don't tell anyone that I never tried~ (Also I've been a bad writer and have continued to play my decadynasty thanks to it always leaving me on a cliffhanger; Gen 4 is doing OK but he needs some tutoring pronto when I open the game next...)

I recovered enough from Hua's catastrophic error and having to make up time. In fact, I was kind of excited to see what Hua's second teenhood would entail.

Except for having to rebuild her property for the requirements. SIGH.

So Liwei's birth was redone and we still had Grandma Maggie. She started to have trouble getting along with Iris, which I guess was enough of a reason to wish for her death (then she actually hit 75k LTHP and I had a second reason)

Our other tombstone candidate, Taurus, was a lot busier than Maggie and wasn't at the 75k LTHP mark yet. While Maggie lifted that burden off my shoulders, I also didn't plan to have him around for forever and wanted a nice tombstone for the sake of symmetry.

His Renaissance Sim LTW was coming along nicely as he learned alchemy, that was cool.

And he found love?

So Heiva's childhood friend, Ginny Hale, was still around. I liked her a lot for some reason, so I aged her down and hit her with a Bottled Vampire's Bite, in case some spare was in need of a spouse. Little did I know that she lived with original townie and other vampire, Alastair Adams, and that he was the designated door answerer.

They had a whirlwind romance, and unlike if Taurus found a woman, I was more than okay with them getting married and Alastair living with us (provided he was cured, I'm not dumb). It also meant that he couldn't get any LTHP from having children, but it wasn't an impossible hurdle either.

Also, whilst getting engaged in his underwear, it was clear that Alastair had lost weight and kept it off while inactive. He starts off a lot chunkier, much like Maggie. And yes, he also gained it back as he became an active sim. But for now, he got to stay a vampire and out of the house while we dive into birthdays.

Hua was first for her teenage birthday, and I decided to sort-of-surround her with spouses. First and third screenshots show Winter Jayne, Leann Tamarind, and Rhonda Kahale (another Grantham x Kahale kid). They all had brothers at this point. Second shows Jarred Kahale, all grown up and pretty handsome! And while Kalena, Kiwi and Amedee's daughter, would never ever join the main bloodline in a million years, she was a great friend to keep close-by.

Liwei aged up the next day I suppose, looking a lot like his dad.

Maggie lasted into the beginning of Hua's teen years, which meant getting extra tutoring (even if it's easy to get on the high school honor roll without it).

It definitely let the rest of the household do their other, unimportant tasks. Liwei got a haircut and learned how to talk, and Taurus kept the kitchen running. Heiva was perfectly capable of magically upgrading everything, but chose not to.

As I continued to make questionable decisions, Hua fished after school a lot. And got rounded up by the police a lot too, because no adult would stay at a fishing hole with her.

Look, I was needlessly afraid of fishing. The amount of headway that Hua got on her supermax and career was minimal. She maybe caught one deathfish as a teen. It was that ineffective! And supermaxing fishing was the least of my concerns with her as she became an adult. It was finished well ahead of schedule and everything. Even her career was fine, because she consigned all her goods (and maybe took a Liquid Job Booster once, don't tell anyone!)

So fishing as a teen is stressful. Spouse hunting is even more stressful, but at least you get to see some new faces.

I wasn't not considering an older spouse for Hua, as Karim Sapota was a young adult and I loved his chubby cheeks! Iris needed to address that hair again, though.

Otherwise, she hanged out with her teenage friends. We've met all of these ones so far except for Marta Alto, furthest right. She also had a brother.

Our one chaperone to these teen excursions was Trinity Jayne. Jarred Kahale beat him for looks, but Hua's wishes were going to be the final determinant here. She was a little hesistant at first. After all, there were a lot of teens! It was an information overload.

I couldn't help but be tempted by the way Rhonda Kahale (legit one of the most gorgeous children born in my game, not gonna brag tho) looked at her, and in the women's bathroom no less!

Hua's only solution was the decadynasty's only solution too: another party!

In lieu of prom, which I didn't have after disabling Generations (and let's not kid ourselves, rabbithole prom is a little lame), I turned Hua's fishing hole into a teen party locale. We had a dance floor, a minibar, a firepit that would probably kill any mermaids that visited, a juice keg that teens couldn't use, and all-in-one bathrooms that teens couldn't woohoo in. A.k.a. we had everything a kid could want. Hua took a break from the festivities to talk to her other best friend, Gregg Kahale.

She also preferred to walk across coals on her own too. In the background you might see three of Auguste's sons.

It took a few parties and also Girls' Nights Out (where disabling Generations meant that my teen townies could drive, so that's a win I guess) for Hua to tell me what she wanted...again. The good news was that she picked an attractive choice.

The bad news was that she picked four of them. Ugh!

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2019, 04:36:14 PM »
I'm at 4020 words in Nano, Trip. Don't forget words written in here during November count as well :P Say your characters starting playing sims. Why, I had a barbarian fighter write position descriptions, an elven mage complete an assessment task and a dog by the name of Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan send emails in one year :D

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2019, 10:29:33 PM »
I'm at 4020 words in Nano, Trip. Don't forget words written in here during November count as well :P Say your characters starting playing sims. Why, I had a barbarian fighter write position descriptions, an elven mage complete an assessment task and a dog by the name of Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan send emails in one year :D

I used your advice to reach my goal for today actually (I'm tired I'm sorry!) Thankfully my writing group IRL has yet to read what I have! We just do prompts when we meet. So who can judge us? ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2019, 11:46:55 PM »
oh, I get judged all the time for doing NaNo. I then read what I write to them, and they judge me even more, but they fall silent, they don't want to hear about Sordoc the Great who thinks that Sordoc the Great is the most perfect individual of all time, one who can wax lyrically about the musk ox and its meany majestic qualities for at least 144 stanzas. What's that Sordoc? 1044 stanzas? That's impressive! (Not really, but ...) Sordoc the Great talks about Sordoc the Great in terms both grandiouse and meaningless, he even spent months in the presence of musk ox, and thought that the time they charged him was them expressing their love to him.

And yes, I do have "Sordoc the Great presenting Ode to the Musk Ox a poem written by Sordoc the Great, Researched extensively by Sordoc the Great and self funded by Sordoc the Great." several times in a novel. :D

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2019, 01:57:05 PM »
oh, I get judged all the time for doing NaNo. I then read what I write to them, and they judge me even more, but they fall silent, they don't want to hear about Sordoc the Great who thinks that Sordoc the Great is the most perfect individual of all time, one who can wax lyrically about the musk ox and its meany majestic qualities for at least 144 stanzas. What's that Sordoc? 1044 stanzas? That's impressive! (Not really, but ...) Sordoc the Great talks about Sordoc the Great in terms both grandiouse and meaningless, he even spent months in the presence of musk ox, and thought that the time they charged him was them expressing their love to him.

And yes, I do have "Sordoc the Great presenting Ode to the Musk Ox a poem written by Sordoc the Great, Researched extensively by Sordoc the Great and self funded by Sordoc the Great." several times in a novel. :D

It's just the natural progression of the ways students will pad out essays in school :P

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2019, 03:59:41 PM »
Hua, Part Five

Hua still flabbergasted me with the sheer audacity...four sims to kiss, really? But I'm cruel and wanted to do it anyways.

Alas, her wish to kiss Gregg was axed. I learned that he was going steady with Kalena, who not only was kind of part of our extended family by association, but also his second-adopted-cousin-by-marriage...not like the game cares really. I needed Kalena for our best friends (or I didn't but it felt nice to include her), and I really like it when the game actually pairs sims together. Good? Good.

And she had to wait to kiss Winter, who aged up to young adult about five minutes after I promised the wish. Doesn't mean no, just means not now.

Besides, her real love was for her little brother. We'll get back to Hua after these messages!

Do you ever try to find proof that you moved in a certain pollinator? Yeah, me too, thanks. I circled Papaya Cruz, our very first mailman, because this screenshot hunt was ridiculous. I talked about his journey pre-catastrophe but that was all moot now.

And Iris celebrated her adult birthday at some point, good for her.

The most interesting part about Papaya was not any of his children really, but his age when I moved him in. Service NPCs are weird. Do I really have to repeat it? We get that already. So I should have expected this absolute madness:

I think he may have been my oldest sim discovered at that point. My previous record was 159 or 162 for Jo Waverly's main mistress, Catherine. Though Catherine wasn't a service NPC and lived in town, so was it more remarkable? Either way, Iris brought Papaya back to 70-something days with a makeover, not risking it! His partner was another former service NPC I madeover, Christen Lujan. She was a police officer, and I already had my police officer friend locked in.

Here's her makeover for the curious. Now that's what I'm talking about! We were a little more comfortable with money by then, so I felt alright about plastic surgery for the townies.

Taurus ended up curing his husband-to-be right before the wedding. Although he was less than a spare and sentenced to death, Taurus still deserved a big gay wedding party with his friends and family. And by that, I mean Iris' friends. I'm not wasting a party.

It was a beautiful ceremony and I didn't even have a place for them to woohoo, let alone room to adopt a child (a thing they both wanted to do, sigh). But I'd let them enjoy the day before figuring that part out. And why does Hua have the circling hearts over her head anyways? Do I really have to turn away from my extra content?

Of course not...not yet anyways.

We ended up turning our backyard into a family graveyard. Tinsley was the first to haunt, much to Hua's dismay. Perhaps she had heard the more salacious stories about her and Niles and the real father of her children.

Great-grandpa Julian was also a frequent enough guest, and he turned into his werewolf form every time he came out of his grave. I mean, I have had dead werewolves before, but I guess I never noticed it, or Julian was simply too stressed out in his life. He became a werewolf on literally his last day alive by the way, like I got the notification and then story progression did its magic.

Now I wasn't taking Liwei too seriously, since he existed just to fulfill some wishes for Heiva and Iris. He wanted to write so I sat his little butt down to do it. I wasn't thinking about a specialty until I saw the absolute worst genre that a child could write:

BOY wait until I tell your parents! But of course he became the youngest trashy novelist ever. We all have our niches.

Iris got a job to makeover Auguste, which I was perfectly fine with. I actually took note of it not because he was once family (Amedee and Kalena both got makeovers without me documenting it), but because of this oddly poetic quip the game gave him:

Beautiful.

I think I'm done here. We still have an heiress, and the extra content starts to become more sparse as she grows up. I pinky promise that, even though fishing was a little boring as a supermax. You know deep in your heart that it is.

Jarred was her first kiss ever, and I wanted to believe it was true love but her wishes for him were sparse. His role as babydaddy was looking likely though, so it was good to know him closely.

Perhaps intentionally, Jarred wasn't invited to Hua's next party, but Rhonda was. Everyone promised not to snitch on her, at least for now (woops!)

So something happened during my reinstall of the game and I got Sunlit Tides' "bloom" effect in full force. It's a little blinding on pure white objects that are outdoors (like the washing machine and dryer, I always get them in white and they go on the deck and I never learn!), but then it created my favorite kiss ever. My favorite not only because Rhonda had stolen my heart too.

And just for completion's sake, here is Hua getting a great massage right before Taurus and Alastair got married. I don't think she had the insane trait to make going to a wedding in a bikini top just a-okay with her, but hey, maybe she realized that this is an odd family.

I wish things could be as easy as they were for Taurus and Alastair. They were fulfilling whatever romantic wishes came their way, or just having fun when I was tired of Taurus upgrading the house and getting rid of the "wire your whole house with sound" upgrade because I could not handle it (I was hoping for Kids' music in the whole house for my pollination project but some sacrifices must be made...)

And I finally figured out their woohoo problem! As annoying as Island Paradise could be, I liked having buyable tents. Really weird to wait nine packs until that.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 6)
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2019, 01:57:59 PM »
Hua, Part Six

I'd first like to give a shoutout to Hua and Liwei's hidden sides. In a decadynasty without much of a story, it can be a little hard to flesh out my characters, even if they mean a lot to me. Perhaps there is a lot that you haven't seen of Hua, but I wouldn't know either, because she's been dead for weeks in my game (Adios amigo!)

Hua had a sweet side to her having affairs with a set of siblings and made sure that Liwei's music box was wound up, and even enjoyed it herself. She still shared a bedroom with him too (before and after his toddler birthday, we're going a little out of order I guess).

And Liwei could sometimes show up in a screenshot, which he did very little of beyond this.

So the fabled time for Hua's young adult birthday came. I was still worried about her fishing supermax at this point and wondering how I'd squeeze spouse hunting into this.

I have four of them in the shot right now! We've met everyone already except for post-makeover Winter Jayne, who's in back of Karim Sapota. Hopefully we will see her makeover at a better angle soon because I'm pretty proud of it, and Iris might have been too.

Liwei met one of our backup plans, Nikolas Sowers, the son of Len Tsang and madeover NPC Caryn Sowers. Gets confusing because I forgot to change his surname. Unfortunately for him, he lived in one of the smallest houses on the atoll and his mum (who had lived with us previously) seemed to stick around forever.

And about a day or two later, Liwei became a teen. I bid him goodbye not in the sense that I sent him to boarding school (not an option without Generations) but because he wrote a lot as a teen and had zero romantic life. Fare thee well!

Alright so Hua had a very stupid conundrum that mattered only to me: catching deathfish was going to be the foundation of her career, but nighttime in Sunlit Tides is pretty dark and the cemetery has no real lights, especially around the deathfish spawner. My shots of her actually doing her work were going to suck. But alas, I had never actually caught ten fish and stocked a pond with them. Ever. My immortal dynasty attempts were built off the backs of maybe three Ambrosia servings that were more-or-less replicated to infinity, so catching deathfish was never my biggest concern.

My concern was that I consulted with two main sources about fishing: Carl's own guides (of course) and the Sims Wiki. The latter said that the regular deathfish spawner would only spawn five or six deathfish a night, which is entirely true from Hua's experience. I feared that the same might happen to a stocked pond, but hey, only one way to find out.

Fears unfounded! And check out Hua's young adult makeover. While I try to keep everyone's fashion at least plausible for living in the South Pacific, I made an exception for Hua because the layered look suits her and her outdoorsy lifestyle. Also I don't use a lot of the 70's 80's 90's outfits and come on, I paid money for that!

She immediately got stalked in the yard by Ricardo Gregario (before she took a shower? Disgusting), who actually wasn't not on the spouse list, but as it turned out, Hua hadn't given up her previous life of fast and loose dating and those wish slots were full.

My eyes were on Rhonda Kahale now and forever, even if it took ages for me to give her a makeover. Her clothing matched that day but went horribly wrong on others. She never looked happy either, even though she and Hua had some great dates (according to the game). This was better than Hua had with her brother Jarred (shh!), which all ended in disappointment no matter how hard I tried. It was a shame, because Hua got a few more wishes for him than for his sister, but The Sims knows about the value of consent.

But Jarred would have to be the babydaddy, wouldn't he? Unless we had an underdog of course.

Enter Winter, ironically in eternal summer without Seasons and walking across coals. She was also a very pretty sim, and her new makeover from Iris made me want to be Jackie Onassis...

Uh, rep your local music scene? Anyways.

Winter looked a lot happier than her new rival, even if that means nothing in TS3. She and Hua were having a great date.

And they kissed in the same place that Hua and Rhonda did for the first time! A betrayal close to our hearts now. It even came with one dirty little wish that she got for no one else thus far.

Ah wait have I not talked about the double beds outside Sunlit Tides' spa? I did a quick search of my thread to make sure so only call out my mistake if you can show me where...moving on from that! The spa has two double beds outside. They are seriously awesome. I think they have an energy score of 8 (so really good), and of course you can woohoo on them whilst you, the watcher, gets a gorgeous beach sunrise/sunset if you time it right. Quite a few of my townie babies were conceived there! I didn't say that to Hua because her first time with Winter needn't be sullied by the knowledge that some of her friends started life on those same sheets.

Hua turned out to my heir who, thus far, has used the most travel time. I sent her to Egypt first and realized I had never really explored their fishing areas. How did that ship crash there anyways?

My main goal was getting mummyfish, who have a pretty good yield-to-value ratio. Even when stocked in a pond at home, Hua usually caught more at a time than deathfish, though they were definitely a secondary income source. She also pickd up 100 pomegranates as bait, which lasted her for the rest of her life.

But I was looking towards diversifying my gene pool in Sunlit Tides too, not because the pudding face apocalypse was near (I was doing pretty good!), but just to make sure I had enough distinct(ish) lines to last in the world for a while. A foreign sim who is moved into the homeworld and has townie children makes townie children, end of story! I just needed to follow the rules of not living with the same sim twice.

I had Hua book it to the Amin household. Samir was nice enough to make dinner.

She learned a song from Imsety Amin, who's a cute little bean with a big nose as he grows up. I blame @Turoskel l for uncovering him in her immortal dynasty, and I blame myself for loving large and distinct noses more than life itself. I didn't have too many "favorite noses" in Sunlit Tides besides the Kahale children (still on my list!) so getting help was appreciated! But we had to wait for him to grow up and without returning to Egypt, it was gonna be a mystery. We'll see you later!

Okay so I'm in rant mode again: Island Paradise brought us some awesome taxi boats and Hua had to take one to reach a kind of weird fishing spot. But it got me thinking: why doesn't it just go across the atoll's center? Since Sunlit Tides is just a big circle (I actually just found out that most of the houses have the same street in their address because of the one contiguous road around the island) it has transit times that I still complain about to this day. It's not an issue of the water inside the atoll not being considered ocean (it is ocean and has saltwater fish spawners). Guess it's just programming.

But we were going through her fishing supermax faster than I thought. The ops sadly weren't just tumbling in thanks to Hua's early skill start, but I wasn't going to panic yet.

When Rhonda found out that Hua was involved with two other people that included her brother, maybe I panicked.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2019, 01:00:32 AM »
Haha, blatant Watcher favoritism!
Poor Liwei is relegated to the life of a from-childhood trashy novelist, while the "unsullied" Hua never learns the dirty truth about the previous occupants of those double beds outside the spa.
Your decadynasty is so crazy, complex, and fun. I love how you indulge your sims' every wildest wishes.

For a while, I was briefly tempted to try a Sims 3 dynasty challenge.
I used to love Sims 3 until it/I overtaxed my laptop one very hot summer day. And that was the end of my TS3 days.
It's fine. I'm more than happy to enjoy the game vicariously through your decadynasty!

Speaking of...oh no, Rhonda found out? I feel bad for both Rhonda and the Watcher. :(

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2019, 04:08:20 PM »
@oshizu I read so many decadynasties (successful or otherwise) in preparation and admired the love that could be cultivated for spares and wanted to emulate it...but as it turns out I'm very utilitarian and also never really had biological spares in a dynasty.

I do wonder how everyone else keeps their wish-focused sims mostly in line. Though I also focus exclusively on the craziest ones. There's also a lot of career and skill related stuff going on, I promise!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 7)
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2019, 03:48:04 PM »
Hua, Part Seven

We left off with Hua getting called out on dating several people at once, which she did kind of deserve. In her defense and mine: she still wasn't steady with any of them, and only one of them was woohooed with. And that one was not Rhonda.

We had a fix in Hua's pocket though.

The rest of their date that day went well. Rhonda overestimated her spice tolerance, forgave Hua, and was on the track to become the next decadynasty wife. She still needed a makeover though.

But then when I had Hua meet with Jarred to get acquainted with her future babydaddy, he wasn't having any of this arrangement either. He felt used! He really thought there was a spark, even if they hadn't so much as kissed since high school. And now they disliked each other, which wasn't impossible to fix, but I had to consider if I wanted to raise a child in that environment.

And within this all was Winter, who never questioned Hua's courtship. She was the woman that Hua got the most wishes for, the one who she had the best dates with, and the first woman she ever made love to. She was very cute like her mother and her brother certainly wasn't a ugly one either; he skewed more towards looking like Uncle Kiwi. The two of them were pretty lonely in their house after their mum shacked up with her girlfriend, while the Kahales certainly weren't lonely with Jarred, Rhonda, mother Leilani, and roommate Rosalind Sapota (nee Cruzita), who was forever an adult werewolf. Their other brother, Gregg, had since moved in with his girlfriend instead.

It was going to be a tough decision. It was Hua vs. her watcher, and Hua vs. her own interests too. Clearly we had to stay in Sunlit Tides and figure it out like an adult.

Or we just go to China? We'll just go to China.

I finally had an alright plan for Hua's opportunities. She could fulfill her alloted three in China, and once her career as an angler was maxed, she could go into law enforcement for any other remaining ops. I didn't have it slated as a unique career then, and the likelyhood of her having to finish it was nearly zero. Plus, some Chinese fish would help out her supermax, because some base game ones were proving impossible to find in Sunlit Tides (pirahna where are you?)

She had to hunt for treasure and true to form, fish.

The treasure hunting is always fun, but the hunt for a few koi was not. She went to a pond and fished. The scenery wasn't even great, I give it a 3/10 for the experience.

Like in Egypt, Hua scouted out the genetic material in town. First stop that I didn't screenshot was to the Wang house, and I was sad to see that Deng Wang didn't have any descendants and was an elder. He was the one of the scant handful original foreign NPCs that I had some genetic reference for, and also liked (guess I'm a sucker for cool noses?). And yeah, story progression still kind of functions in foreign worlds and university and I can expect kiddos from whichever foreigner I want, I'll explain more if asked.

We'll come back to Deng though so put a pin in that until later!

Randomly generated NPCs in China and Egypt and even generated tourists in your town from them also pull from pre-made face templates and aren't necessarily pudding abominations, which is actually pretty neat and not the worst way to combat same-face syndrome. Though there don't seem to be too many "foreign faces" either and France uses the same zero-slider generating as the homeworld. Food for thought? I'll get a screenshot when I can.

But in the picture she found Niu Wong, the child, and Rui Xi Lu, a teenager who she tormented through magic. Niu turned out to be the one descended from the Lu Family in Shang Simla (their little boy married a Chinese NPC with the Wong surname and took it too) whilst Rui Xi seemingly was not. Again, too young to use right now, but old enough to keep an eye on.

Back at the ranch, uncle Taurus passed away and while close to the criminal hideout? Not suspicious at all. He produced a redundant medium tombstone, but got to be buried close to his mother in the backyard. There may have been a household exodus brewing and he kicked it off.

We'll remember him for entertaining the town's fairies one night. He did not max three skills either. (Seriously I think the only fairies missing from this shot were Theodora Jayne, even though her son's right there, and Helen Hoffman, who we might see soon!)

Alastair still had his old romantic interest, Penelope Pepper. This almost caused some drama between him and Taurus but not quite. I can't say he was really over Taurus. Alastair never changed his last name and would forever be a Ling. That has to say something, right? And not just about my laziness?

He and Penelope had four daughters: Helena, Robyn, Tonya, and the dearly departed Elizabeth. I loved him and Taurus as the house's gay uncles, but if I said that I didn't want his genes too, I'd be lying.

It was an exodus for everyone. Heiva met up with Amedee for the last time. He had long ago been widowed again and made peace with it. Even his daughter's boyfriend moving in wasn't so bad in the end. Amedee was a brilliant musician and an alright painter, had 75k+ LTHP when we moved out (and you don't lose that), and was filthy rich too. Heiva may have passed on the news that Kiwi's other children may be joining the dynasty. At least I'm pretty sure that Amedee knew about them.

Liwei also grew up and quickly fell in love. I can't call him responsible but he was chained to his desk for his entire youth after all.

His love was the older Ginny Hale, now living alone or with some townie roommate. Who cares. Liwei wouldn't join the dark side with her and her vampire kin, but they could have a long marriage with no children for sure--

Ah, we pressed the Try For Baby button didn't we? And you rolled Dislikes Children as your adult trait?

Pedro, his only surviving son, didn't seem to like him either. But as far as I could see, Liwei and Ginny had an alright marriage in an alright house. She lived on well into Gen 4's young adult years too!

It must have hurt to be Hua. Her much-younger brother got married and had a kid before she did, and she wanted a good marriage and a kid just like any self-respecting heir. But she still had two romantic interests.

Well I made the decision before she did. I figured that I could preserve Rhonda's beauty for another generation and made her a vampire just like her brothers. And she got a makeover too, I couldn't resist the temptation.

Obviously, Rhonda was unhappy with the deal because she was promised a starring role as a spouse. I promised a starring role later, it's good enough! And as a new vampire, she was much scarier to Hua than she ever expected.

It was the hardest thing she ever had to do! What else could be going wrong for her? She wasn't even neurotic. Next thing she knew, mom and dad would be having another baby before she could even get her tenth op.

Just say you're kidding, guys-

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2019, 09:52:19 PM »
Finally caught up! Blech, bugs are the WORST in TS3, glad you managed to wrangle a solution. Hau.......sweetie. You can't just meet four people and wish to kiss them all. (Don't pull a Franco, dear.) Good luck breaking up with a few more people, and good luck with NaNo!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2019, 01:23:10 PM »
Finally caught up! Blech, bugs are the WORST in TS3, glad you managed to wrangle a solution. Hau.......sweetie. You can't just meet four people and wish to kiss them all. (Don't pull a Franco, dear.) Good luck breaking up with a few more people, and good luck with NaNo!

Well at least Hua wouldn't have to deal with her mistakes for an eternity? Tombstones don't grow on trees I think she would have been happy with Rhonda. I was just done with the back-and-forth cheating accusations and Jarred really didn't like Hua well beyond any cheating. All their dates were bad and keeping a friendship was hard. I can have sims woohoo without being romantic interests but they have to be friends! We don't see much of pre-wedding Trinity Jayne, a brother and a teacher (literally), but he and Hua were solid best buds. Though I guess never kissing him helped!

27k words. The 50k goal will be hit one year, one day. I blame some crazy weekends (back-to-back vet visits was this one, though my dogs shall live)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: Untitled Sunlit Tides Decadynasty (Gen 2 Pt. 8)
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2019, 02:22:54 PM »
Hua, Part Eight

Alright so someone had a child-related wish to fulfill. I forget if it was Iris or Heiva. Her elder birthday was approaching fast, I decided that one last child was the best sendoff for it.

Heiva had his life extended quite a few times and was hanging around at 96 when his last kid was born. I considered the drama and tragedy of Iris having to raise their little one as a sexy young widow but Heiva survived the birth and got a tattoo or something. For the first time in a while, he and Iris were back to their original ages of being a week apart and were going to stay that way.

This little one was named Gan. His older brother was married with children, and his older sister was going to be a fully-fledged adult in a matter of days. But he'd definitely be the coolest young uncle that Hua and Liwei's kids would know!

Hua was mostly wasting time since her requirements fell into place faster than expected. She supermaxed fishing about halfway through young adulthood, so my fears about it were unfounded. Her ninth and tenth opportunities completed just before her adult birthday, and she worked in law enforcement for two days at most. Her real career, as a self-employed angler, was completed in her last week of young adulthood, if with the help of a Liquid Job Booster. Iris was holding onto all the friends. Her properties were bought as a teen, and that's also when her grandma Maggie died. And I did about as much as I could with sorting out my ten most valuable tiberium spires for the collection.

Really, Hua just needed to be an adult. And get engaged.

It was a beautiful evening in Sunlit Tides and the sun started to set. Hua took Winter somewhere near City Hall for a surprise date.

And unlike every single interaction with the Kahales, it went so perfectly that it would fit into a normal dynasty. I just needed to find a Potent Cure Elixir for the both of them (Trinity was a fairy obviously, but Winter was a mermaid suddenly and I am indeed mermaid-phobic) and we actually had quite a few stockpiled in a chest somewhere.

But first, the ultimate birthday party.

Iris finally became an elder. She shuffled off to the nearest mirror to embrace the purple hair she was born with and dye it all.

Hua also had to become an adult, finally. As it turned out, Nikolas Sowers with his cheese plate was the smartest guest of all...

Fine, you sneaky daredevil, just shower off first.

Disaster averted again, Hua had to become an adult and Gan a toddler. They were both taking it well, because it meant only good things. Mostly for Hua. Gan would be left behind after her move before he knew what happened to him.

Hua decided on a more practical look for the next stage of her life. It was outdoorsy, but probably a lot more comfortable in the tropical heat. As much as she loved Maka, he was close to death and I decided to let that happen out of my control, so he would stay behind as well.

As far as I could tell, Hua loved her childhood home and everyone in it. She had started to mend the lukewarm relationship she had with her parents, and of course, her baby brother was there too.

I couldn't take leaving the little scamp behind either! But we had to. There wasn't as much physical space in Winter's house as I thought.

Even though Winter was the girl next door in the most painfully accurate way (they lived across the street from each other), Hua still gave the house a visit and cured Trinity along the way. He would immediately age up to adult afterwards.

(So about their house: it looks spacious and multi-story but the second floor is just a small loft. I had to do some work to expand that)

Iris unlocked one of my favorite stylist's outfits with her long line of work, even if she never made it to level 10. It turned out to make a great wedding suit for Hua (Winter got the white dress, if an untraditional one). And of course, after a drink for good luck, nothing could possibly go wrong...

...by the way here's the Ling family graveyard. Our tall tombstones are Kaila and Tinsley. Medium are Taurus, Maggie, and Amedee. Small ones are Auguste, Julian (Iris' grandpa), and I forget the third one already.

anything