Author Topic: My name is Scoed and I am a mod addict.  (Read 2862 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
My name is Scoed and I am a mod addict.
« on: July 18, 2019, 04:24:57 PM »
OK for most of my simming life I was mod and CC free. I was afraid it would hurt my game. In fact they had caused issues that I was able to fix. But a while ago EA decided to take basic fixes away threw a cheat nerf like reset a sim. (They later put it back) So I downloaded my first mod "ALL CHEATS" by TWISTEDMEXI. It work fine so I added some CC. Then other mods. The best is MCCC so far but I used so many more. Yes MCCC is my favorite as it is a time saver when I am in a cheat game. Anyway what is your favorite mod or CC item? As per forum rules please no adult themed mods or CC. Keep them teen rated like the game.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
Re: My name is Scoed and I am a mod addict.
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2019, 05:10:09 PM »
I'm gonna join the club.

Nindigo here. My story is very similar to yours, Scoed. Didn't use any mods or CC in ages. Now, I avidly use MCCC as well and am crazy enough to actually be a Deaderpool patreon in order to always have the newest version of the mod. It is my favorite too along with another that I can't mention (it's not the most hardcore out there, but still mature-themed). I seem to experience a craze for CC periodically.

Today, I actually took out my CC except for the collaboration pack from Deligracy and Grimcookies which contains a bunch of really neat CAS items. I need a small break now and then to get used to how my Sims really look. Simplicity is what puts me back on track when things get messy in my folders. Besides, I do love the vanilla look to be honest.

I'm not at all embarrassed by my use of mods and cheats, and never excuse it. I need those things to enjoy the game fully as they add more dimensions. I feel no need to be morally or ethically correct when playing The Sims. Mods and CC help me explore the depths of my personality be it my urge to create and design, rosy innocent fantasies, or NSFW tendencies ::) Having a game like The Sims to do that is truly wonderful and therapeutic. I'm forever grateful to those individuals who spend time and effort to add even more in terms of mods and CC.
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline HelenP

• Immortal
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 05:29:51 PM »
Hi, my name is Helen and I'm a mod addict :)

I really like my texture and text changers.  Some of the text ones I made myself!  I also have a ton of CAS and build mode items.

I have to say that while the game frequently breaks my mods, I've never had an up-to-date mod break my game.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 09:44:57 AM »
I'm Dek and I am not a mod addict.  ;D

I tried mods once in Sims 3. The mods tried were Master Controller and Error Trapper. I disliked what they did to the game, so I removed them and went back to playing mod free. I've actually found the saves that I had used the mods in to play worse than the ones without mods. Quite a lot of the townie sims seem to be forever trapped in their work uniforms and invisible in game. I have downloaded Star Trek uniforms for Sims 3 and bought so much of the premium content and downloadable content put out by Maxis.

Sims 4 has seen me download some CC for my sims. I am equal parts a fan of Star Trek and fantasy/medieval, ancient history and prehistory. I downloaded a lot of 'British Royalty' clothing as well as togas, kilts, male ancient Egyptian skirts and a few other things. I'm still mod free, however.

Offline Nindigo

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 09:55:27 AM »
Ooh, @Deklitch - you are giving me ideas now! I would want to try some themed CC clothing. Bless ya :)
A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:21:25 PM »
Every time a new pack is released, I remove all my mods (~90 of them) and start a vanilla game.
Then I get frustrated within an hour and put them back ::)

I use mostly quality of life mods, not only on The Sims but on pretty much every game I play. MCCC is a favorite of course, particularly the Automation Scan, as well as many by LittleMsSam. I even started making simple XML tuning mods recently to fix small annoyances, it's quite easy.

I'm not at all embarrassed by my use of mods and cheats, and never excuse it. I need those things to enjoy the game fully as they add more dimensions. I feel no need to be morally or ethically correct when playing The Sims.

I couldn't agree more. I really don't understand why some people feel the need to gatekeep the way others play offline games when it doesn't affect them in the slightest. The Sims has helped me stay sane through some rough patches in life (in fact, it's helping me right now) and mods make it much more enjoyable.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 05:31:24 PM »
I'm not at all embarrassed by my use of mods and cheats, and never excuse it. I need those things to enjoy the game fully as they add more dimensions. I feel no need to be morally or ethically correct when playing The Sims.

I couldn't agree more. I really don't understand why some people feel the need to gatekeep the way others play offline games when it doesn't affect them in the slightest. The Sims has helped me stay sane through some rough patches in life (in fact, it's helping me right now) and mods make it much more enjoyable.

Yeah, no one else's business. People who impose their 'standards' on others (both in Sims and elsewhere) quite frankly need to go take a running leap at themselves, give themselves an uppercut and take a long walk off a short pier. Everyone can play Sims their own way and the only restrictions are if they are playing the challenges either from Carl's, or other Sims sites.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline kattiq

• Watcher
  • Oh feebee lay!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2019, 11:08:25 AM »
Hi my name is kattiq and I am also a Mod & CC addict. So much so sometimes I spend more time finding CC than playing- right now color themed clothing for my Not so Berry challenge. :)
I'm also a big fan of MCCC, LilMsSam mods and Kawaiistacie Slice of Life mod.
I am however enjoying a dynasty without mods and just some various non-game altering CC like themed clothing etc.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »
My name is Diane and I too, am a mod addict.  Same story here.  I didn't put any in my game until late in Sims3 game.  I thought, wow, this plays so much better.  Of course Sims4 came out and I use a lot of the mods that make the game play better.  MCCC is also my favorite. My favorite is hair, nails and makeup.  I do try and keep the mods folder at a decent size.  I know my computer can handle it, but, just don't want to overdue it.  Of course, every I find something that makes game play better, I have to get it.

Mods use to be so hush hush and you didn't t talk about them, but I am sure glad I started using them.  Did a lot of research and searching and so far, I have been fortunate, now that I have opened my big mouth, lol.

Happy modding all!!
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2019, 02:12:41 AM »
Hi, I'm Shewolf, also known as Wolfy. I was against mods and cc for a long time, mostly just because of the horror stories when it came to issues with the computer. Of course, when I was playing TS3, I found Twallan's MCCC mod and that was the start of my own obsession, though I did stay away from a lot of CC such as clothing and whatnot just because I knew it was a dangerous path to go down XD

However, I am now throwing that reluctance out the window. I just spent far too many hours hunting for CC for my game tonight. MCCC is a life-saver. I can't play without it anymore. I am also a Patreon for Deaderpool. I have also downloaded a bunch of mods from LittleMsSam, though haven't had a chance to really play much with them at this point.

@Deklitch

I am very much like you! I have to admit that my search and Google-fu abilities are sometimes lacking, so would be happy to discuss and share various items!

That goes for anyone, really. Any fantasy/medieval, video game cc, etc I would be interested in sharing resources. I do like Maxis Match, though, I'm finding.

anything