Author Topic: Frost and Snow at 68 Degrees?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Frost and Snow at 68 Degrees?
« on: July 28, 2019, 03:55:17 PM »
I'm finding myself pretty surprised at EA's idea of how cold it must be for frost and snow to appear on trees. I live in a pretty cold region in the winter and when spring comes around the snow and frost disappear and leaf buds come out. Especially when it is that warm (after -20F/-30C, 68 is WARM)!

Snow and Frost at 68 Degrees!!.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Frost and Snow at 68 Degrees?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 08:15:31 PM »
Wonder if it was cold over night? I've heard some places get cold over night in the Spring and have warm days that are in the 60s/70s.

Here's something I thought was strange.. Getting to garden in Winter?? (Click image to see larger view)

This is the first time I've actually played with Seasons turned on in a gardening game. However, I've shorted both Fall and Winter to just 3 days each. So maybe that's why I was able to garden in Winter? Makes for a cute photo.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 09:41:30 PM »
I didn't look at the overnight temp. I'm playing w/all seasons on and 7 days each. In the fall, I transfer the plants to the greenhouse. I ran out of room and so planted the trees outside.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 10:20:08 AM »
Hi again, I just checked my settings and I have the temp set at 45F degrees for night in the spring. Still not cold enough for frost, but *maybe* a little snow, but then that snow would melt the first thing when the sun comes up. :)

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 12:25:26 PM »
The night before the photo above was taken, my Sim's garden was "frozen" over and I figured that'd be it for Fall and Winter, but the next morning, as shown in photo, it thawed pretty quickly and was able to tend garden as usual.

Then of course the game threw me and the garden has been "frozen" ever since.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 10:35:51 AM »
Oh yikes! I hate that when that happens! Hard to remember to save often though. : /

anything