Author Topic: CC Not Appearing In-Game  (Read 2089 times)

Offline RainaElf

• GrandmaSim
  • Llama Wrangler
  • over the river & through the woods
    • Fragile Winds
CC Not Appearing In-Game
« on: July 30, 2019, 08:50:37 PM »
I recently bought a new computer and have this week been installing all my The sims 3 pieces onto it. I started playing earlier this afternoon, but none of the cc I have is showing up in the game at all. I've been playing this game for ten years and know just about all the tricks. but this has me stumped. I use package files for everything. I have absolutely no ccs, no custom sims, no custom lots or houses. just the stuff that comes with the base game and the expansions i have installed. Very frustrating!

none of the cc is showing up in the launcher, either

the sims 3 version 1.67
ambitions
generations
late night
town life stuff
university life

windows 10 home version 1903
hp pavilion gaming desktop 690
8g ram
amd ryzen processor

meanwhile, i'm going to keep reading. so far, i've just not been able to find anything current pertaining to windows 10. but, i do admit, my google-fu is more like google-areyoukiddingme.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: CC Not Appearing In-Game
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 09:26:27 PM »
.package files don't show up in the launcher and sometimes difficult to tell if it's actually installed or not.

When I'm having issues with custom content that are .package files I have to go through them a few at a time or even 1 at a time to make sure they install correctly and show up.

Here's a HowTo I put together a few years ago that might help.

HowTo: Install Sims 3 Custom Content without the Launcher
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26167.msg437430#msg437430

Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.