Author Topic: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 10 March: COMPLETED!  (Read 25314 times)

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/5/19
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2019, 11:40:50 AM »
Your teaser screenshots are fantastic!
I can't wait to meet the handsome Franciso as a teenager and hear more about his household's feats.

Offline Shewolf13

• Queen of the Dragons
  • Watcher
  • Wolf or Jessi is fine ^^
    • Wolfie's Writings
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/5/19
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2019, 10:24:53 AM »
Wow, going so quick through this! Love the naming theme ^^

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/8/19
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2019, 10:49:09 AM »

Well, I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that whenever I change into my work outfit, I have my pre-makeover makeup even though it’s not currently associated with any of my outfits. Scary, huh? The good news is that I’ve reached Level 10 of the Botanist career!

I also evolved my dragon fruit to perfect quality and harvested my collection.

Valeria had a birthday and added the Good trait.

She’s quite the stunner. Our Watcher has opted not to go the Vampire route for her. We have another plan for keeping the house occupied a bit longer, but that doesn’t happen until the next update.

Both children completed Scouts. Valeria finished Whiz Kid and Francisco did Whiz Kid and Social Butterfly. It was difficult to get children to spawn and even though Valeria formed a teen club to start scoping out potential spouses for Francisco, only 6 teens were available, 3 boys and 3 girls.

Soon it was time for Francisco’s birthday. His party was the 10th one we needed for that requirement.

I think he’s pretty handsome. He looks like a softer version of Joaquin. As you can see, he chose the Renaissance Sim aspiration and the Geek trait. He’s thinking he wants to be a Start Up Entrepreneur.

Snazzy party outfit.

Francisco quit Scouts and joined the Fast Food career. Thanks to a great tip from a friend, we learned that completing a teen career, along with Scouts, fulfills 2 of 3 Level 3 careers for Renaissance Sim.

There’s been one other adjustment. Our Watcher decided it would be better to keep Gardening as a shared skill, so I maxed Mixology instead. Next time, I’ll hand over narration to Francisco since I’ve now completed all of my requirements!

Traits: Loves Outdoors, Family Oriented, Genius
Lot: Sporting Space (Brindleton Bay)
Spouse: Joaquin Le Chien
Children: Francisco Lynx
Move-out requirements:
  ✔ 1. Career: Gardener (10/10)
  ✔ 2. Unique skill: Mixology (10/10)
  ✔ 3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: 10,000/10,000
  ✔ 4. Earned $10,000: $10,000/$10,000
  ✔ 5. 10 good friends: 10/10  Nonhuman 2/2
  ✔ 6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: 10/10
  ✔7. 10 parties: 10/10
  ✔  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: 10/10
  ✔  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: 10/10
  ✔10. 10-item collection: 10/10 Perfect Dragon fruit ($6950)

Notes:

⭐Thanks to @oshizu  for so many great tips, including the Renaissance Sim careers tip!
⭐The save I extracted Catalina from had assigned her to be a bartender, so she already had 9 Mixology points. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to try to save that for a future generation, but in the end it seemed to fit my play style better to keep gardening free for everyone.

Link to my spreadsheet in case anyone is curious about particulars. Note: I’ve played somewhat ahead, so there are a few spoilers for Generation 2.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2019, 11:29:35 AM »
Yay! Congratulations on moving Francisco out!
I agree with Catalina: Francisco is a very handsome sim! Haha, he looks so earnest in his Fast Food uniform!

My finger is itching to click on your spreadsheet link, but I've decided to wait for your next update. ;)
One great thing about several folks starting a challenge at the same time is that we all approach it differently and learn from each other's gameplay.

Can't wait to find out what happens now that Catalina's completed her move-out requirements!
(and also looking forward to learning your strategy for Valeria...)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2019, 11:39:21 AM »
Yay! Congratulations on moving Francisco out!
I agree with Catalina: Francisco is a very handsome sim! Haha, he looks so earnest in his Fast Food uniform!

My finger is itching to click on your spreadsheet link, but I've decided to wait for your next update. ;)
One great thing about several folks starting a challenge at the same time is that we all approach it differently and learn from each other's gameplay.

Can't wait to find out what happens now that Catalina's completed her move-out requirements!
(and also looking forward to learning your strategy for Valeria...)

He'll still be at home for the next update and his time as a teen.

The only spoilers are a few community lots visited and some emotional whims, so it's pretty safe if you want to click. It does show which lot he moves into.  ;)

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2019, 12:16:30 PM »
Since I always read the end of a book first, I'm heading for that spread sheet!  lol
Francisco is a handsome guy and very accomplished to boot.  He'll do very well as did his mom.  Congrats on making it through the first level so fast!  I too am wondering about Catalina's future.  Any plans for life extension?  I'm so glad it's allowed, but again, begs the point why bother with normal life span?
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2019, 01:47:00 PM »
Thanks, Joria. We may have done some Potions of Youth plus something else. ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mousef

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2019, 06:27:01 PM »
I can't resist a spreadsheet so I went and took a peek. The first thing I read was "Desperate for Spreadsheet Help" and I thought it was some weird meta request lol

You're really powering through!
I'm curious to see the plans for Valeria, she's so beautiful. Vampirism would suit her.
Catalina's work makeup, on the other hand, is... quite unfortunate. At least she will be out of her misery soon.

Thank you for sharing tips and your spreadsheet. I'm considering doing this challenge down the line and any help is appreciated ;D

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2019, 09:54:45 PM »
@mousef Thanks for reading. I do hope you'll give this Dynasty a try. :)

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2019, 08:51:09 AM »
Wow, going so quick through this! Love the naming theme ^^

Thank you @Shewolf13  I do love a naming theme!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
Re: Lynx in the Chain: A Power of Ten Dynasty--updated 9/9/19
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2019, 12:20:22 PM »
Francisco

Right after my birthday, I asked Mom if I could go to Selvadorada. I wanted to get some Selvadoradian Culture skill under my belt so that when I become a YA, I’ll be able to buy things from the secret inventory and, hopefully, find better artifacts and treasure. She was apprehensive of my travelling so far from home alone, but she agreed to let me go.

In Selvadorada, I met this really cool young woman named Yesinia Cordova.
We were friends in no time. I am considering her for a future spouse. At first, I thought I might eventually marry Nani Kealoha, but her body type tends to produce pear-shaped male offspring and that’s a hard NO from our Watcher.

I did a little bit of temple exploration, but I decided not to clear any temples during this visit. I am considering Selvadoradian treasures as my collection. Since I wouldn’t be able to take anything I find with me when I move out, I thought that facing the temple dangers wasn’t really worth it. Instead, I just did some things to improve my archaeology skill to help me in the future.

I returned just in time for my baby sister, Barbara, to be born.

While I was waiting for my birthday, I continued working on the Jungle Explorer aspiration. Here I am activating a relic.

Mom and Dad both drank a Potion of Youth before I moved out.

It was finally time.

My adult traits are Genius, Geek, and Active. I have the Scouting Aptitude and Responsible traits, which will help a lot with my career and skilling.

Before I left, I changed the Season to summer.

I moved to Bargain Bend in Willow Creek.

After reducing my household funds to $10K, I built this shell. There are no internal walls and the windows you see are the only ones I have right now.

Instead of buying furniture for the house, I decided to buy some things I’ll be able to take with me to Selvadorada.

I couldn’t invite Yesenia over, so I travelled to Mom and Dad’s lot with her instead, where I asked her to move in.

And then I got a big surprise. Who is this kid? Her son? I had asked if she was single and when I asked her career she said “unemployed” instead of “stay-at-home parent” so I thought I was good to go. Looks like I’ll have to go with plan B instead since the rules say only a spouse may move in.

Here’s a breakdown of my progress so far:

Traits: Genius, Geek, Active
Lot: Bargain Bend, Willow Creek
Spouse:
Children:
Move-out requirements:
  1. Career: Tech Guru (0/10)
  2. Unique skill: Programming (0/10)
  3. Earned 10k satisfaction points: (0/10K)
  4. Earned $10,000: (0/10K)
  5. 10 good friends: (0/10)  Nonhuman (0/2)
  6. 10 freelance gigs or odd jobs: (0/10)
  7. 10 parties: (0/10)
  8. 10 whims for 10 different emotions: (4/10)
  9. 10 different community lots for min. 2 hrs each: (0/10)
  10. 10-item collection: (0/10)

Notes:

Francisco actually had 6895 satisfaction points when he moved out, but I decided I want each heir to start from scratch as far as requirements go, so he’ll need to get to 16,895 before I’ll count that as complete. Also, somehow, the game was showing that he’d earned $21,343, which I know he absolutely did not. Regardless, I’ll count his $10K earned at $31,343.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2019, 12:26:51 PM »
A little future house teaser! I love that the addition of the tropical plants lets me create a real New Orleans style garden.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2019, 12:36:38 PM »
Francisco has already achieved so much!
The house looks fabulous. And you even have windows and landscaping already!

I notice the porch has stairs on the side for quicker access to the garden. ;)
A fantastic start all around. Every update of yours creates such anticipation in me about what will happen next!

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2019, 05:17:30 PM »
What a lovely, little house!  So pretty and the extra stairs down to the garden is genius.  Francisco is very good looking not to mention accomplished!  Too bad he can't have his girl friend.  Well, with his qualities he'll find one that doesn't have a kid along.  So, you're going with Selvadoradan artifacts for your 10 items?  Wonderful and a lot of fun to acquire.  Looking forward to what he does next.  Re: the house teaser, beautiful!  I'm not familiar with anything Louisianian except for big ol', white pillared mansions and steamboats, oh,  and crawdads! (yum), so watching what you do with houses will be a treat.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2019, 05:45:33 PM »
Thanks, @oshizu and @Joria

New Orleans architecture is very interesting and varied. We have those big pillared mansions, but also a lot of Craftsman style, Carribbean, Creole cottage, shotgun, and more. Of course, the architecture of the French Quarter's famous ironwork balconies and courtyards are actually Spanish and were built after nearly the entire city burned down in 1788 when Louisiana was a Spanish colony. The city is a very colorful place, both literally and figuratively! Gardens can be very formal, but more frequently they are very tropical and overgrown. It's hard to keep plants in check down here due to abundant rainfall and the very long growing season.