Author Topic: Tattoos  (Read 1749 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Tattoos
« on: August 31, 2019, 06:20:50 PM »
Hi, I've read a lot about tattoos supposedly reducing your sims age. However, I just tested several tattoos on a sim and it didn't affect her age at all. Is there a specific tattoo that does this or did EA fix the glitch that did it?

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
Re: Tattoos
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 12:33:32 PM »
It looks like nobody really knows. I'm guessing that EA fixed that glitch and tattoos don't do anything special anymore. I'll do some more experimentation though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 12:38:36 PM »
Sorry I didn't reply sooner, I wasn't and am not sure if tattoos affect the Sims age. I usually don't play with aging on.

I don't see how they could really affect aging. I thought only YA and up could get tattoos?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2019, 04:47:14 PM »
Yes, only YA and up. I think there was a glitch early on where a tattoo reset the sim's age, but it looks like EA fixed that.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 10:32:58 AM »
Here's what I've observed:

1. In an unmodded game (yes the bolding is important) tattoos will reset your sim's age to the beginning of the life stage they're in. They don't remain banned in dynasties for no reason after all. Same goes for getting a stylist's makeover. It probably has to do with technically getting thrown into CAS for those, as the Edit in CAS cheat can mess with ages as well.

2. The NRaas mod suite stops the age reset, as far as I'm aware. I'm not sure which mod it is (since I have many of course) but I know when I have all my mods in, tattoos and stylist appointments don't affect age.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

anything