Author Topic: You missed a potion in your new guide.  (Read 4747 times)

Offline scoed

• Watcher
You missed a potion in your new guide.
« on: September 28, 2019, 11:15:53 PM »
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/gamepacks/realmofmagic/alchemy-potions.php

@Carl I loved your new guide. I find your guides very useful. I love your site. And will first want to say thank you. You do a great job. But you missed an easy to overlook potion that I find to be great fun. The potion is "Potion of Questionable Contents".  It is easy to miss as it does not have a recipe or a spell book listing. It is created by failing at potion making. When you fail to make a potion you and all nearby sims get knocked out, a chance at a curse, and you gain one "Potion of Questionable Contents". This and "Copypasto"ing an existing potion is the only way to make it.

The potion has the following text:

Ensures the next potion your sim crafts is a guaranteed success. Minor side effects may include...

I can't say weather it does guarantee success at potion crafting but the side effects is a curse or sometimes more, an inspired +1 buff called "learning form mistakes".

"Learning from mistakes" read as follows:

Drinking the product of failure ensures history's mistakes are not repeated.

So it may indeed guarantee success while the buff is up. It lasts three hours. I only drank the potion twice but the first time I got two curses and I already had one and the second only produced one. More testing will be needed to find out if it can randomly produce three curses.

As this potion is off the books so to speak and does have game play ramifications that can be desired I feel is an important add. Curses can be fun and add a bit of balance to casters. I thought I would remind you of this fun hidden gem. I played through a caster to supermax three time before I found this gem so I think mentioning it may be of help to those wanting to add a downside to the over powered casters. If a player does potions as you suggest spamming recipes form sages and "copypasto" the first they will never find this potion as failures will never happen. So for this reason I feel it has a place in your guide.

Again I love your guides. They helped me tons. Thank you for all your work helping people like me explore hidden parts of the simes.

Offline Carl

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
    • Carl's Sims 4 Guide
Re: You missed a potion in your new guide.
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 04:37:40 PM »
Thanks, @scoed. I'm going to make a second pass of potions because I feel a good bit of it could be better, and when I do ill be sure to mention this one. Just wanted to let you know since I haven't got around to that yet and didn't want you to think I didn't notice/ignored this.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.