Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 9811 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2019, 04:13:01 PM »
Togehter with my house full of sims we finished the challenge, on week 3, Wednessday at 11:34 AM.
It was so much fun to try to find out where to save time. :)

Offline Nandarelle

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2019, 05:16:11 PM »
My Sims managed to finish all but one square.

That leaves me with 9 bingo's.
9 x 100 = 900

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2019, 05:58:57 PM »
I can't wait to read how some people managed to get all bingos.

I can't wait to hear how people were able to cook without their sim dying in the midst of a fire.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2019, 10:55:50 PM »
Thanks for a wonderful year of great challenges. I wasn't able to participate in this final one, but am looking forward to the results.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2019, 06:15:41 AM »
And that's a wrap, everybody. :) I am surprised only 15 players submitted scores for the Finale, but it was lots of fun nonetheless. Grats to Isalalabe on a big win. I will work on the final World Ranking shortly.

A big thank you to all participants in the 2019 season and a super big thank you to my awesome team and all the input/ideas they came up with.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2019, 07:16:31 AM »
thanks again for a great series of challenges this year. I'm gutted I couldn't participate in as many as I wanted to. Now off to focus on Dynasties before the new tournament year begins.

As for the bingo, it taught me that taking selfies with people really makes them friendly. How did I not know this before? It's now replaced star gazing/ cloud gazing as a friend-making encounter. I also realised while playing that this was my first ever time making Ambrosia in Sims 4  :o

The two squares I missed were earning money with tips (I didn't even get close, so looking forward to finding out how it's done) and having successful twin teens. The latter I thought I was too late for as wanted both parents to get the fertile reward so gave up early on and realised it was a mistake too late. However, it did leave me with two extra slots in the household which helped with the other tasks.

The first bestselling novel of the game was a confident book by Salim Benali called Tournament Winning! - I think the game sensed my desperation ;D

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2019, 07:47:45 AM »
Thank you the team for all the hard work this year :). I am so happy I can share my strategies now because I am quite worry whether I did everything right. If anything seems out of the rules, please let me know. Also, I apologize for any grammatical errors. English is not my first language.

My sim, Eve, finish the first bingo (Make Five Enemies, Catch a Unique Fish in 10 different fishing spots, 500 Satisfaction Points, Get Married Within 24 Hours of Meeting a Townie, and One Sim Needs to Medal in 6 Different Back to Back Parties) by Tuesday of week 1. During that time, I also befriend my target sims to be moved in later (Lobo is the husband, Jesminda, and Lilly Fang). After finishing the first bingo, I move in Lobo, both Arun and Jesminda Bheeda, and both Lilly and Victor Feng. Then I immediately moved the household to 2B Jasmine Suites, which has Good Schools, On LeyLine lot trait. Since she just got married, Eve got 8 different 'very' emotions easily. (That was the 6th square I got).

Victor is aged up immediately and he became the general helper of the household, he will write in his free time.
Jesminda gave birth to the twin on Wednesday very early morning (if I remember correctly) and every sim worked on getting them aged up to toddlers and max the potty. On Thursday, they went to school as a child (Note that the children drink potions when necessary so they don't waste time sleeping). Meanwhile, Lilly worked on her career (which was at lv.9), Lobo always wrote somethings, Arun worked on his guitar skill, and Eve worked on her skills (she is assigned to max 6 including gardening, painting, cooking, gourmet cooking, baking, and photography). The children got an A at the end of Friday and the household was moved to other location with more space (the exact location was not important to me).

It is important to note that all sims tried to collect aspiration points. Eve never slept again, she lived on the potions bought by others. Others rarely slept especially near the end.
These are the assignments:
- The twins (now aged up to teen): their jobs were to write all the time to help with royalties and got As.
- Lobo: writing and comedy routines and increase aspiration for Eve through Romantic interaction.
- Arun: guitar for tips and upgrades stuffs
- Jesminda: Rocket
- Lilly: career + take selfies with 30 townies
- Victor: will die to attract the Grim reaper and someone will be his best friend
- Eve: Max 6 skills (she bought Savant,  Night Owl and Morning Sim as soon as she can), cook 50 recipes (while learning cooking related skills), gardening (she bought 10 cowberries from spice festival and plant 3 of them right away after moving out)

After Victor died, a trainer was moved in and max bodybuilder very easily.

Some other detail:
-  When Eve max gardening, she bought rare seeds until she got death flowers and complete magic beans collection
-  Lobo collect all the postcards during his writing time
-  Eve eventually has 25k in Reward
-  Eve cook ambrosia when she max cooking+gourmet cooking.
-  I just sell plants and paintings (by Eve as she worked on the skill and paint some perfect ones) to get 250000. But the Feng family was also quite rich, they brought some money with them moving in.
-  The last square I finish was Essences of cowplant.
-  Arun would go to the bar/pub at night to play for tip and Lilly accompanied him to work on her social skill and take selfies. It took Arun 4 trips to get 1500.

That's all I can think of now. Let me know if anyone has any questions/concerns.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2019, 08:27:24 AM »
Great info, Isabelalabe. Yeah, you came into the season late this year -- your first event was the midseason Major, so who knows how you would have finished up if you had participated in the early events? Given you won not only the Finale, but also the restaurant event I am quite certain you would have finished much higher. Next year players will have to watch out for you. :)

Online sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2019, 08:59:51 AM »
Congrats everyone. I wasn't able to do this one. Too much happening at home this past month.

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »
Well done everyone! *claps*

And big round of w00ts and thanks to the challenge team for all their hard work!

Hoping I will have time for more next year after I get resettled after move (not sure if it will be Jan or Feb yet).

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2019, 01:51:57 PM »
So how do you cook without killing your sim in Sims 4?

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2019, 03:15:01 PM »
Garden salads only Deklitch

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2019, 01:10:36 AM »

Isabelabe had: Eve:  cook 50 recipes (while learning cooking related skills)

So, are there enough Garden Salad varieties in Sims 4 to cook enough of them to meet that square? Because if not, how can anyone possibly meet that square's requirement.

Offline Nikitachi

• Townie
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2019, 02:24:18 AM »

So, are there enough Garden Salad varieties in Sims 4 to cook enough of them to meet that square? Because if not, how can anyone possibly meet that square's requirement.

I guess one should buy a relatively expensive stove and possibly start with a few recipes that don't require a stove. Then, when Cooking level goes up, fires are much less likely to start. My Sim didn't have a single one.

Offline Nikitachi

• Townie
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2019, 02:44:24 AM »
Thank you the team for all the hard work this year :). I am so happy I can share my strategies now because I am quite worry whether I did everything right. If anything seems out of the rules, please let me know. Also, I apologize for any grammatical errors. English is not my first language.

My sim, Eve, finish the first bingo (Make Five Enemies, Catch a Unique Fish in 10 different fishing spots, 500 Satisfaction Points, Get Married Within 24 Hours of Meeting a Townie, and One Sim Needs to Medal in 6 Different Back to Back Parties) by Tuesday of week 1. During that time, I also befriend my target sims to be moved in later (Lobo is the husband, Jesminda, and Lilly Fang). After finishing the first bingo, I move in Lobo, both Arun and Jesminda Bheeda, and both Lilly and Victor Feng. Then I immediately moved the household to 2B Jasmine Suites, which has Good Schools, On LeyLine lot trait. Since she just got married, Eve got 8 different 'very' emotions easily. (That was the 6th square I got).

Victor is aged up immediately and he became the general helper of the household, he will write in his free time.
Jesminda gave birth to the twin on Wednesday very early morning (if I remember correctly) and every sim worked on getting them aged up to toddlers and max the potty. On Thursday, they went to school as a child (Note that the children drink potions when necessary so they don't waste time sleeping). Meanwhile, Lilly worked on her career (which was at lv.9), Lobo always wrote somethings, Arun worked on his guitar skill, and Eve worked on her skills (she is assigned to max 6 including gardening, painting, cooking, gourmet cooking, baking, and photography). The children got an A at the end of Friday and the household was moved to other location with more space (the exact location was not important to me).

It is important to note that all sims tried to collect aspiration points. Eve never slept again, she lived on the potions bought by others. Others rarely slept especially near the end.
These are the assignments:
- The twins (now aged up to teen): their jobs were to write all the time to help with royalties and got As.
- Lobo: writing and comedy routines and increase aspiration for Eve through Romantic interaction.
- Arun: guitar for tips and upgrades stuffs
- Jesminda: Rocket
- Lilly: career + take selfies with 30 townies
- Victor: will die to attract the Grim reaper and someone will be his best friend
- Eve: Max 6 skills (she bought Savant,  Night Owl and Morning Sim as soon as she can), cook 50 recipes (while learning cooking related skills), gardening (she bought 10 cowberries from spice festival and plant 3 of them right away after moving out)

After Victor died, a trainer was moved in and max bodybuilder very easily.

Some other detail:
-  When Eve max gardening, she bought rare seeds until she got death flowers and complete magic beans collection
-  Lobo collect all the postcards during his writing time
-  Eve eventually has 25k in Reward
-  Eve cook ambrosia when she max cooking+gourmet cooking.
-  I just sell plants and paintings (by Eve as she worked on the skill and paint some perfect ones) to get 250000. But the Feng family was also quite rich, they brought some money with them moving in.
-  The last square I finish was Essences of cowplant.
-  Arun would go to the bar/pub at night to play for tip and Lilly accompanied him to work on her social skill and take selfies. It took Arun 4 trips to get 1500.

That's all I can think of now. Let me know if anyone has any questions/concerns.

My sim (female, Raven by name) started with the same Bingo line. Her first goal was to earn 2,000 Satisfaction points as quickly as possible so she could buy the Incredibly Friendly reward. This reward not only helped get more satisfaction points by completing the Friend of the World aspiration, but also it gives you a bronze medal instantly in all parties, so I quickly completed both the corresponding Bingo square and the Party Animal aspiration. She met and then quickly married a male fitness trainer in the gym (don't even remember who it was, sorry), but never invited him to live together (that helped her quickly complete the Soulmate and Bodybuilder aspirations later). Making enemies and catching fish was easy.

She was done with the first line by Wednesday, so she could now add other sims to the household. The ones I choose were:
- Anaya Jang (level 9 in Painter career, for completing the "Max any career" square)
- Penny Pizzass (she has a lot of high level skills, so I wanted to use her to max 6 skills, but in the end, Raven herself ended up doing this faster)
- Salim Benali (writing skill 8 )
- Ted & Meredith Roswell from Strangerville (Ted for Gardening, and Meredith for Handiness)
Two last slots were saved for the future twins (Raven invited her husband for Woohoo and I helped her with Fertility trait, Fertility massage and Kids network).

From there, everything was pretty much straightforward. Everyone was busy with the best related bingo squares, and I finished most of them early enough. The ones that took the longest were 1,500 in tips and A-grade high school teens. I didn't think of finding a lot with good traits and moving there, so school was a pain - every grade took two or three days. And with tips, I just started too late. So these two cost me a victory.

Great challenge overall!!!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2019, 05:29:07 AM »
Straight away my Sim married Dennis Kim and used the powerful marriage moodlets to achieve eight very emotions quickly, moved in with The Fengs then moved in Penny Pizzazz and the Rasoyas.

Lily maxed her career and had twins after getting a fertile massage and played for tips.

Victor did the handiness and rocket upgrades.

Greta wrote books including several masterpieces, she never slept thanks to Moodlet Solvers and was able to earn the required royalties before she passed.

Raj cooked the 50 recipes and Ambrosia for the party as he has maxed cooking and a high gourmet cooking skills. I also got the Death Flower from rare seeds.

Penny maxed six skills and wrote the comedy routines.

Dennis was married for the Bingo Card and was Grim fodder, as was Greta, he was the first leave a tombstone behind, he maxed gardening before he died with the help of Morning Sim, Night Owl and Moodlet Solvers.

My Sim found people at the park to make enemies with and would then go fishing, later on in the challenge she bought the Incredibly Friendly Reward and too Selfies, both  of which helped auto complete the parties, I kind of made her the people person of the challenge.

I don't remember who painted the masterpiece, I think it was Raj, I only recall they painted three in a row, lol.

I had a little trouble with the collections, I did the Holiday Cracker one first as it's the easiest and fastest collection in the game, I tried postcards but that didn't work out. Next I tried crystals, bought as many as could of the computer and Flea market and still ended up one or two short, so annoying. All those metals and crystals I sent of the to Geo Council completed the Element collection for me so I finally got my last collection. I swear I had about half a dozen collections going at the same time at one point, lol.

That most of it, I think I may be forgetting a thing or too so apologies, I have had an infection for the past week and a half and to go to the Doctor today so I'm not as focused as I usually am.

Interesting to hear that some people had similar strategies to mine, there are some good ones there and I like Metro am looking forward to the break from challenges for a while. :)

Offline Nikitachi

• Townie
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2019, 05:46:04 AM »
Straight away my Sim married Dennis Kim and used the powerful marriage moodlets to achieve eight very emotions quickly, moved in with The Fengs then moved in Penny Pizzazz and the Rasoyas. I moved them into the Old Salt House and set everyone on their tasks.

Lily maxed her career and had twins after getting a fertile massage, she also made five enemies, she fished as well.

Victor did the handiness and rocket upgrades.

Greta wrote books including several masterpieces, she never slept thanks to Moodlet Solvers and was able to earn the required royalties before she passed.

Raj cooked the 50 recipes and Ambrosia for the party as he has maxed cooking and a high gourmet cooking skills. I also got the Death Flower from rare seeds.

Penny maxed six skills and wrote the comedy routines.

Dennis was married for the Bingo Card and was Grim fodder, as was Greta, he was the first leave a tombstone behind, he maxed gardening before he died with the help of Morning Sim, Night Owl and Moodlet Solvers.

My Sim earned tips and would bring everyone to the park with her who was able to come, so she always had a crowd for tips, Greta would write on her laptop, Lily would fish and the others would search for collectibles. My Sim bought the Incredibly Friendly reward as soon as she could and had the Gregarious trait, so she would meet people at the park, take a selfie and become instant friends with them, it helped to auto complete parties too.

I don't remember who painted the masterpiece, I think it was Raj, I only recall they painted three in a row, lol.

I had a little trouble with the collections, I did the Holiday Cracker one first as it's the easiest and fastest collection in the game, I tried postcards but that didn't work out. Next I tried crystals, bought as many as could of the computer and Flea market and still ended up one or two short, so annoying. All those metals and crystals I sent of the to Geo Council completed the Element collection for me so I finally got my last collection. I swear I had about half a dozen collections going at the same time at one point, lol.

That most of it, I think I may be forgetting a thing or too so apologies, I have had an infection for the past week and a half and to go to the Doctor today so I'm not as focused as I usually am.

Interesting to hear that some people had similar strategies to mine, there are some good ones there and I like Metro am looking forward to the break from challenges for a while. :)

Get well soon!!

What was your first Bingo line? I can't figure it out in your description by myself :( Looks like it's not the one which we all chose, so it's very interesting!

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2019, 06:03:25 AM »
Posted by: Nikitachi« on: Today at 05:46:04 AM Get well soon!!

What was your first Bingo line? I can't figure it out in your description by myself :( Looks like it's not the one which we all chose, so it's very interesting!

Thanks, it's cleared up a bit on it's own but I've got some antibiotics now. :)

Actually, I think it is this one: Make Five Enemies, Catch a Unique Fish in 10 different fishing spots, 500 Satisfaction Points, Get Married Within 24 Hours of Meeting a Townie, and One Sim Needs to Medal in 6 Different Back to Back Parties.

Raj has maxed Cooking skill and very high Gourmet Cooking skill so I remember doing the parties early and I started on the Tips and Fishing right away.

I'm don't quite recall exactly what order I did all the Bingo Lines in, I'm usually better at keeping track but have been sick and stressed.

Oh and @Deklitch I normally make my Sims cook Garden Salads, Fruit Salads and BLTs until they hit level two of the Cooking skill, less likely to burn the house down that way. Skill enhancing reward traits such as Morning Sim, Night Owl etc help with that as does being very Inspired. With Raj I didn't have to worry about that as he's in the Chef career and has already maxed the Cooking skill when you start playing with him, I chose him to get the Ambrosia done faster.

Offline Nikitachi

• Townie
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2019, 06:18:58 AM »
Posted by: Nikitachi« on: Today at 05:46:04 AM Get well soon!!

Thanks, it's cleared up a bit on it's own but I've got some antibiotics now. :)

Actually, I think it is this one: Make Five Enemies, Catch a Unique Fish in 10 different fishing spots, 500 Satisfaction Points, Get Married Within 24 Hours of Meeting a Townie, and One Sim Needs to Medal in 6 Different Back to Back Parties.

Raj has maxed Cooking skill and very high Gourmet Cooking skill so I remember doing the parties early and I started on the Tips and Fishing right away.

I'm don't quite recall exactly what order I did all the Bingo Lines in, I'm usually better at keeping track but have been sick and stressed.

Oh and @Deklitch I normally make my Sims cook Garden Salads, Fruit Salads and BLTs until they hit level two of the Cooking skill, less likely to burn the house down that way. Skill enhancing reward traits such as Morning Sim, Night Owl etc help with that as does being very Inspired. With Raj I didn't have to worry about that as he's in the Chef career and has already maxed the Cooking skill when you start playing with him, I chose him to get the Ambrosia done faster.

That is what confuses me... From the rules:

No adding to the household until your Sim has completed one bingo (across, down, or diagonal).

But looks like Lily did 2 of the 5 tasks from the first line for you? (enemies and fishing) And as far as I understood, this is Lily Feng, which is not your starting Sim...

If anything, I am sorry, I am kinda sick too and may skip something obvious...

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2019, 06:39:24 AM »
Posted by: Nikitachi« on: Today at 06:18:58 AM »That is what confuses me... From the rules:

No adding to the household until your Sim has completed one bingo (across, down, or diagonal).

But looks like Lily did 2 of the 5 tasks from the first line for you? (enemies and fishing) And as far as I understood, this is Lily Feng, which is not your starting Sim...

If anything, I am sorry, I am kinda sick too and may skip something obvious...

That's because I'm an idiot and didn't check my notes before posting my strategy, relying on my memory is well ... not that reliable it seems.

It was Lily that played for Tips not my Sim, I just got confused because I had so many Sims at the park doing different things at the same time.

Now I actually remember making my Sim go to all the different parks to fish and fight all the Sims there, lol.

Like I said, my memory is a little fuzzy in some places, I had so many Sims that trying to remember who did what and when is a bit of a nightmare.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2019, 07:03:50 AM »

At low cooking skills, cooking is risky so my sims cook salad/BLT till she got about lv.3-4 before starting using stove. Never have any fire with this strategy. :)

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2019, 07:06:45 AM »
Great info, Isabelalabe. Yeah, you came into the season late this year -- your first event was the midseason Major, so who knows how you would have finished up if you had participated in the early events? Given you won not only the Finale, but also the restaurant event I am quite certain you would have finished much higher. Next year players will have to watch out for you. :)

Thanks for the kind words but I think it just really depends on how much time (in real life) we spend. I am probably just more free than others during some of these challenges :). Also, I don't even have all expansions so I just cannot participate in some of them but always have so much fun when I do.

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2019, 06:49:20 AM »
I was hoping Rainbow would log on to the forum, read the team’s PM to her and take the appropriate steps herself to explain the rule that was broken, but I see that’s not the case. I need to get this wrapped up. Basically, Nikitachi asked Rainbow which bingo she did first.

The response was…

There’s no question those were the squares any smart player would choose to solo. The team set it up that way where it would be quite obvious they were the easiest ones. The problem is with this rule…

• No adding to the household until your Sim has completed one bingo (across, down, or diagonal).

That means that those 5 squares had to be soloed…no other Sims in the house.

It’s a problem because Rainbow gave clear evidence that she added to the household right away…

Straight away my Sim married Dennis Kim and used the powerful marriage moodlets to achieve eight very emotions quickly, moved in with The Fengs then moved in Penny Pizzazz and the Rasoyas.

Raj cooked the 50 recipes and Ambrosia for the party as he has maxed cooking and a high gourmet cooking skills.

Raj has maxed Cooking skill and very high Gourmet Cooking skill so I remember doing the parties early…

So, the team took the appropriate steps, discussed this at length yesterday and worked up a PM to Rainbow. I have also changed the leaderboard. The World Ranking will also ultimately be changed because of this. Let it be known that the team views this as a simple oversight on Rainbow’s part, but we also needed to be fair to other participants.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Challenge Board Moderator
  • Immortal
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
In case you did not catch the new poll on this board, please check it out and vote. Thanks.

What Packs Do You Have?

Offline oshizu

• Crazy about dynasties
  • Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2019, 02:31:44 PM »
Congrats to all the participants and thank you for sharing your strategies throughout the year.

In case you did not catch the new poll on this board, please check it out and vote. Thanks.

What Packs Do You Have?

@GlazeyLady

How long will this poll be up?  I responded already but realized that I will be adding two more packs at the end of this month....
If the poll's still up, do I take it over? And yes, I will be occasionally be participating in the 2020 Tournament. :)

anything