Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 32952 times)

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2019, 04:13:01 PM »
Togehter with my house full of sims we finished the challenge, on week 3, Wednessday at 11:34 AM.
It was so much fun to try to find out where to save time. :)

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2019, 05:16:11 PM »
My Sims managed to finish all but one square.

That leaves me with 9 bingo's.
9 x 100 = 900

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2019, 05:58:57 PM »
I can't wait to read how some people managed to get all bingos.

I can't wait to hear how people were able to cook without their sim dying in the midst of a fire.

Offline SoulGal7

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2019, 10:55:50 PM »
Thanks for a wonderful year of great challenges. I wasn't able to participate in this final one, but am looking forward to the results.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #154 on: December 02, 2019, 06:15:41 AM »
And that's a wrap, everybody. :) I am surprised only 15 players submitted scores for the Finale, but it was lots of fun nonetheless. Grats to Isalalabe on a big win. I will work on the final World Ranking shortly.

A big thank you to all participants in the 2019 season and a super big thank you to my awesome team and all the input/ideas they came up with.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #155 on: December 02, 2019, 07:16:31 AM »
thanks again for a great series of challenges this year. I'm gutted I couldn't participate in as many as I wanted to. Now off to focus on Dynasties before the new tournament year begins.

As for the bingo, it taught me that taking selfies with people really makes them friendly. How did I not know this before? It's now replaced star gazing/ cloud gazing as a friend-making encounter. I also realised while playing that this was my first ever time making Ambrosia in Sims 4  :o

The two squares I missed were earning money with tips (I didn't even get close, so looking forward to finding out how it's done) and having successful twin teens. The latter I thought I was too late for as wanted both parents to get the fertile reward so gave up early on and realised it was a mistake too late. However, it did leave me with two extra slots in the household which helped with the other tasks.

The first bestselling novel of the game was a confident book by Salim Benali called Tournament Winning! - I think the game sensed my desperation ;D

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #156 on: December 02, 2019, 07:47:45 AM »
Thank you the team for all the hard work this year :). I am so happy I can share my strategies now because I am quite worry whether I did everything right. If anything seems out of the rules, please let me know. Also, I apologize for any grammatical errors. English is not my first language.

My sim, Eve, finish the first bingo (Make Five Enemies, Catch a Unique Fish in 10 different fishing spots, 500 Satisfaction Points, Get Married Within 24 Hours of Meeting a Townie, and One Sim Needs to Medal in 6 Different Back to Back Parties) by Tuesday of week 1. During that time, I also befriend my target sims to be moved in later (Lobo is the husband, Jesminda, and Lilly Fang). After finishing the first bingo, I move in Lobo, both Arun and Jesminda Bheeda, and both Lilly and Victor Feng. Then I immediately moved the household to 2B Jasmine Suites, which has Good Schools, On LeyLine lot trait. Since she just got married, Eve got 8 different 'very' emotions easily. (That was the 6th square I got).

Victor is aged up immediately and he became the general helper of the household, he will write in his free time.
Jesminda gave birth to the twin on Wednesday very early morning (if I remember correctly) and every sim worked on getting them aged up to toddlers and max the potty. On Thursday, they went to school as a child (Note that the children drink potions when necessary so they don't waste time sleeping). Meanwhile, Lilly worked on her career (which was at lv.9), Lobo always wrote somethings, Arun worked on his guitar skill, and Eve worked on her skills (she is assigned to max 6 including gardening, painting, cooking, gourmet cooking, baking, and photography). The children got an A at the end of Friday and the household was moved to other location with more space (the exact location was not important to me).

It is important to note that all sims tried to collect aspiration points. Eve never slept again, she lived on the potions bought by others. Others rarely slept especially near the end.
These are the assignments:
- The twins (now aged up to teen): their jobs were to write all the time to help with royalties and got As.
- Lobo: writing and comedy routines and increase aspiration for Eve through Romantic interaction.
- Arun: guitar for tips and upgrades stuffs
- Jesminda: Rocket
- Lilly: career + take selfies with 30 townies
- Victor: will die to attract the Grim reaper and someone will be his best friend
- Eve: Max 6 skills (she bought Savant,  Night Owl and Morning Sim as soon as she can), cook 50 recipes (while learning cooking related skills), gardening (she bought 10 cowberries from spice festival and plant 3 of them right away after moving out)

After Victor died, a trainer was moved in and max bodybuilder very easily.

Some other detail:
-  When Eve max gardening, she bought rare seeds until she got death flowers and complete magic beans collection
-  Lobo collect all the postcards during his writing time
-  Eve eventually has 25k in Reward
-  Eve cook ambrosia when she max cooking+gourmet cooking.
-  I just sell plants and paintings (by Eve as she worked on the skill and paint some perfect ones) to get 250000. But the Feng family was also quite rich, they brought some money with them moving in.
-  The last square I finish was Essences of cowplant.
-  Arun would go to the bar/pub at night to play for tip and Lilly accompanied him to work on her social skill and take selfies. It took Arun 4 trips to get 1500.

That's all I can think of now. Let me know if anyone has any questions/concerns.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2019, 08:27:24 AM »
Great info, Isabelalabe. Yeah, you came into the season late this year -- your first event was the midseason Major, so who knows how you would have finished up if you had participated in the early events? Given you won not only the Finale, but also the restaurant event I am quite certain you would have finished much higher. Next year players will have to watch out for you. :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2019, 08:59:51 AM »
Congrats everyone. I wasn't able to do this one. Too much happening at home this past month.

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
« Reply #159 on: December 02, 2019, 10:35:05 AM »
Well done everyone! *claps*

And big round of w00ts and thanks to the challenge team for all their hard work!

Hoping I will have time for more next year after I get resettled after move (not sure if it will be Jan or Feb yet).

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: December 02, 2019, 01:51:57 PM »
So how do you cook without killing your sim in Sims 4?

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #161 on: December 02, 2019, 03:15:01 PM »
Garden salads only Deklitch

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: December 03, 2019, 01:10:36 AM »

Isabelabe had: Eve:  cook 50 recipes (while learning cooking related skills)

So, are there enough Garden Salad varieties in Sims 4 to cook enough of them to meet that square? Because if not, how can anyone possibly meet that square's requirement.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #163 on: December 03, 2019, 02:24:18 AM »

Isabelabe had: Eve:  cook 50 recipes (while learning cooking related skills)

So, are there enough Garden Salad varieties in Sims 4 to cook enough of them to meet that square? Because if not, how can anyone possibly meet that square's requirement.

I guess one should buy a relatively expensive stove and possibly start with a few recipes that don't require a stove. Then, when Cooking level goes up, fires are much less likely to start. My Sim didn't have a single one.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #164 on: December 03, 2019, 02:44:24 AM »
Thank you the team for all the hard work this year :). I am so happy I can share my strategies now because I am quite worry whether I did everything right. If anything seems out of the rules, please let me know. Also, I apologize for any grammatical errors. English is not my first language.

My sim, Eve, finish the first bingo (Make Five Enemies, Catch a Unique Fish in 10 different fishing spots, 500 Satisfaction Points, Get Married Within 24 Hours of Meeting a Townie, and One Sim Needs to Medal in 6 Different Back to Back Parties) by Tuesday of week 1. During that time, I also befriend my target sims to be moved in later (Lobo is the husband, Jesminda, and Lilly Fang). After finishing the first bingo, I move in Lobo, both Arun and Jesminda Bheeda, and both Lilly and Victor Feng. Then I immediately moved the household to 2B Jasmine Suites, which has Good Schools, On LeyLine lot trait. Since she just got married, Eve got 8 different 'very' emotions easily. (That was the 6th square I got).

Victor is aged up immediately and he became the general helper of the household, he will write in his free time.
Jesminda gave birth to the twin on Wednesday very early morning (if I remember correctly) and every sim worked on getting them aged up to toddlers and max the potty. On Thursday, they went to school as a child (Note that the children drink potions when necessary so they don't waste time sleeping). Meanwhile, Lilly worked on her career (which was at lv.9), Lobo always wrote somethings, Arun worked on his guitar skill, and Eve worked on her skills (she is assigned to max 6 including gardening, painting, cooking, gourmet cooking, baking, and photography). The children got an A at the end of Friday and the household was moved to other location with more space (the exact location was not important to me).

It is important to note that all sims tried to collect aspiration points. Eve never slept again, she lived on the potions bought by others. Others rarely slept especially near the end.
These are the assignments:
- The twins (now aged up to teen): their jobs were to write all the time to help with royalties and got As.
- Lobo: writing and comedy routines and increase aspiration for Eve through Romantic interaction.
- Arun: guitar for tips and upgrades stuffs
- Jesminda: Rocket
- Lilly: career + take selfies with 30 townies
- Victor: will die to attract the Grim reaper and someone will be his best friend
- Eve: Max 6 skills (she bought Savant,  Night Owl and Morning Sim as soon as she can), cook 50 recipes (while learning cooking related skills), gardening (she bought 10 cowberries from spice festival and plant 3 of them right away after moving out)

After Victor died, a trainer was moved in and max bodybuilder very easily.

Some other detail:
-  When Eve max gardening, she bought rare seeds until she got death flowers and complete magic beans collection
-  Lobo collect all the postcards during his writing time
-  Eve eventually has 25k in Reward
-  Eve cook ambrosia when she max cooking+gourmet cooking.
-  I just sell plants and paintings (by Eve as she worked on the skill and paint some perfect ones) to get 250000. But the Feng family was also quite rich, they brought some money with them moving in.
-  The last square I finish was Essences of cowplant.
-  Arun would go to the bar/pub at night to play for tip and Lilly accompanied him to work on her social skill and take selfies. It took Arun 4 trips to get 1500.

That's all I can think of now. Let me know if anyone has any questions/concerns.

My sim (female, Raven by name) started with the same Bingo line. Her first goal was to earn 2,000 Satisfaction points as quickly as possible so she could buy the Incredibly Friendly reward. This reward not only helped get more satisfaction points by completing the Friend of the World aspiration, but also it gives you a bronze medal instantly in all parties, so I quickly completed both the corresponding Bingo square and the Party Animal aspiration. She met and then quickly married a male fitness trainer in the gym (don't even remember who it was, sorry), but never invited him to live together (that helped her quickly complete the Soulmate and Bodybuilder aspirations later). Making enemies and catching fish was easy.

She was done with the first line by Wednesday, so she could now add other sims to the household. The ones I choose were:
- Anaya Jang (level 9 in Painter career, for completing the "Max any career" square)
- Penny Pizzass (she has a lot of high level skills, so I wanted to use her to max 6 skills, but in the end, Raven herself ended up doing this faster)
- Salim Benali (writing skill 8 )
- Ted & Meredith Roswell from Strangerville (Ted for Gardening, and Meredith for Handiness)
Two last slots were saved for the future twins (Raven invited her husband for Woohoo and I helped her with Fertility trait, Fertility massage and Kids network).

From there, everything was pretty much straightforward. Everyone was busy with the best related bingo squares, and I finished most of them early enough. The ones that took the longest were 1,500 in tips and A-grade high school teens. I didn't think of finding a lot with good traits and moving there, so school was a pain - every grade took two or three days. And with tips, I just started too late. So these two cost me a victory.

Great challenge overall!!!