Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 32387 times)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #180 on: December 08, 2019, 03:34:49 AM »
In my case, it was a BLT that managed to burn down the house and kill the sim, just goes to show how bad I am still at this 'fun' game.

I just love the way that others all say "do this to that level of skill and the negative thing won't happen to you, it never has to me"

News Flash: It Does Happen To Me!

I didn't mean to sound like that :D Sorry.
Speaking of 'burning down the house' - now maybe that's the reason, I never build a house :D I just play on an empty lot to get the +2 happiness bonus for the Nature Lover trait. So the fire can't really spread.

Offline Nandarelle

• Townie
« Reply #181 on: December 08, 2019, 05:27:02 PM »
My strategy involved many of the things that have already been shared by others.

Some other points:
My starting Sim (Bingo) had the traits loves the outdoors, dance machine and family-oriented. The second gave him the ability to take disco naps, which was useful in the beginning of the challenge, before he had other household members to milk for moodlet solvers. The interaction 'enthuse about family' gives a significant social boost, so it was very useful for getting selfies and the Friend of the World aspiration (which was one of the things that helped him reach 25k in aspiration points).

After the first bingo, I initially moved in
-Maaike Haas (writing, and spouse / mother)
-Diego Lobo (comedy, rocket upgrades)
-Sofia Bjergsen (guitar playing for tips and recipes)
-Geeta Rasoya (provided the tombstone, tried to learn gardening, but did not have much time)
-Anaya Jang (masterpiece and career)

After Geeta had died, to my surprise I saw Clement Frost on the flea market.
I immediately befriended him and moved him in. He is both filthy rich and has five skills already maxed. He learned gardening, and was then able to get death flower from a rare seed packet.

The reason I didn't have the full bingo card was that my Sims refused to have twins. Cue 'All the single babies, all the single babies'.
(Ok, there were only two. I had run out of household space anyway.)
I used the fertile trait for both parents, two 'try for baby's' before taking a pregnancy test and some children's music. I guess I should have used the fertility massage as well.

I had no trouble with this in the scavenger hunt, but in this challenge I had some trouble getting an angel fish. I spent several days with most of the household fishing, mostly in Willow Creek. I eventually caught one in the third week in Oasis Springs.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #182 on: December 13, 2019, 08:56:41 AM »
@Isabelalabe Let me firstly congratulate you on that amazing score. When reading your strat i was just sitting and saying, why did i not think of that! :)

I think most of us went for the same first bingo, and I also completed that on Tuesday Week 1.
Best trick here for me was with the parties. I went for parties where I could get a bronze fast by just completing the main task. And as soon as that was reached I ended the party.

I will list the sims and the main tasks for moving them in below here, they ofcause all helped with more afterwards.

Raina North: My sim, mother of twins, gardening, bodybuilder and selfies
Diego Lobo: Married him. Tasks, Comedy rutines, helped writing.
Lilly Feng: Money, helped writing
Victor Feng: Money, did the rocket tasks.
Alvares: Already at max level as a Detective. Completed all cooking.
Diana: Old lady, moved in just a day before her last.
Marco: Handyman, learned to play guitar for tips.
Twins: A's and also learned to play for tips.

The best tip I can give to these multisims challenge is to take a deep breath and plan what sims are doing so you can let 5 or more do what they need while you focus on the rest.
It requires alot of pausing though.

So this was just a little update, as I did alot alike as Isabelalabe, but she clearly had some very good tricks up her sleeve.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2019, 08:29:13 AM »
@Isabelalabe Let me firstly congratulate you on that amazing score. When reading your strat i was just sitting and saying, why did i not think of that! :)

I think most of us went for the same first bingo, and I also completed that on Tuesday Week 1.
Best trick here for me was with the parties. I went for parties where I could get a bronze fast by just completing the main task. And as soon as that was reached I ended the party.

I will list the sims and the main tasks for moving them in below here, they ofcause all helped with more afterwards.

Raina North: My sim, mother of twins, gardening, bodybuilder and selfies
Diego Lobo: Married him. Tasks, Comedy rutines, helped writing.
Lilly Feng: Money, helped writing
Victor Feng: Money, did the rocket tasks.
Alvares: Already at max level as a Detective. Completed all cooking.
Diana: Old lady, moved in just a day before her last.
Marco: Handyman, learned to play guitar for tips.
Twins: A's and also learned to play for tips.

The best tip I can give to these multisims challenge is to take a deep breath and plan what sims are doing so you can let 5 or more do what they need while you focus on the rest.
It requires alot of pausing though.

So this was just a little update, as I did alot alike as Isabelalabe, but she clearly had some very good tricks up her sleeve.

Congratulations to you too. I think having Jesminda giving birth to the twins might be the main reason that I finished slightly faster. Along with moving to the specific lot, I could get 8 sims working on tasks by Friday first week. What do you think?

anything