Author Topic: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!  (Read 32358 times)

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
Re: 2019 Challenge Tournament Finale: Let's Play Bingo!
« Reply #165 on: December 03, 2019, 05:29:07 AM »
Straight away my Sim married Dennis Kim and used the powerful marriage moodlets to achieve eight very emotions quickly, moved in with The Fengs then moved in Penny Pizzazz and the Rasoyas.

Lily maxed her career and had twins after getting a fertile massage and played for tips.

Victor did the handiness and rocket upgrades.

Greta wrote books including several masterpieces, she never slept thanks to Moodlet Solvers and was able to earn the required royalties before she passed.

Raj cooked the 50 recipes and Ambrosia for the party as he has maxed cooking and a high gourmet cooking skills. I also got the Death Flower from rare seeds.

Penny maxed six skills and wrote the comedy routines.

Dennis was married for the Bingo Card and was Grim fodder, as was Greta, he was the first leave a tombstone behind, he maxed gardening before he died with the help of Morning Sim, Night Owl and Moodlet Solvers.

My Sim found people at the park to make enemies with and would then go fishing, later on in the challenge she bought the Incredibly Friendly Reward and too Selfies, both  of which helped auto complete the parties, I kind of made her the people person of the challenge.

I don't remember who painted the masterpiece, I think it was Raj, I only recall they painted three in a row, lol.

I had a little trouble with the collections, I did the Holiday Cracker one first as it's the easiest and fastest collection in the game, I tried postcards but that didn't work out. Next I tried crystals, bought as many as could of the computer and Flea market and still ended up one or two short, so annoying. All those metals and crystals I sent of the to Geo Council completed the Element collection for me so I finally got my last collection. I swear I had about half a dozen collections going at the same time at one point, lol.

That most of it, I think I may be forgetting a thing or too so apologies, I have had an infection for the past week and a half and to go to the Doctor today so I'm not as focused as I usually am.

Interesting to hear that some people had similar strategies to mine, there are some good ones there and I like Metro am looking forward to the break from challenges for a while. :)

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #166 on: December 03, 2019, 05:46:04 AM »
Straight away my Sim married Dennis Kim and used the powerful marriage moodlets to achieve eight very emotions quickly, moved in with The Fengs then moved in Penny Pizzazz and the Rasoyas. I moved them into the Old Salt House and set everyone on their tasks.

Lily maxed her career and had twins after getting a fertile massage, she also made five enemies, she fished as well.

Victor did the handiness and rocket upgrades.

Greta wrote books including several masterpieces, she never slept thanks to Moodlet Solvers and was able to earn the required royalties before she passed.

Raj cooked the 50 recipes and Ambrosia for the party as he has maxed cooking and a high gourmet cooking skills. I also got the Death Flower from rare seeds.

Penny maxed six skills and wrote the comedy routines.

Dennis was married for the Bingo Card and was Grim fodder, as was Greta, he was the first leave a tombstone behind, he maxed gardening before he died with the help of Morning Sim, Night Owl and Moodlet Solvers.

My Sim earned tips and would bring everyone to the park with her who was able to come, so she always had a crowd for tips, Greta would write on her laptop, Lily would fish and the others would search for collectibles. My Sim bought the Incredibly Friendly reward as soon as she could and had the Gregarious trait, so she would meet people at the park, take a selfie and become instant friends with them, it helped to auto complete parties too.

I don't remember who painted the masterpiece, I think it was Raj, I only recall they painted three in a row, lol.

I had a little trouble with the collections, I did the Holiday Cracker one first as it's the easiest and fastest collection in the game, I tried postcards but that didn't work out. Next I tried crystals, bought as many as could of the computer and Flea market and still ended up one or two short, so annoying. All those metals and crystals I sent of the to Geo Council completed the Element collection for me so I finally got my last collection. I swear I had about half a dozen collections going at the same time at one point, lol.

That most of it, I think I may be forgetting a thing or too so apologies, I have had an infection for the past week and a half and to go to the Doctor today so I'm not as focused as I usually am.

Interesting to hear that some people had similar strategies to mine, there are some good ones there and I like Metro am looking forward to the break from challenges for a while. :)

Get well soon!!

What was your first Bingo line? I can't figure it out in your description by myself :( Looks like it's not the one which we all chose, so it's very interesting!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #167 on: December 03, 2019, 06:03:25 AM »
Posted by: Nikitachi« on: Today at 05:46:04 AM Get well soon!!

What was your first Bingo line? I can't figure it out in your description by myself :( Looks like it's not the one which we all chose, so it's very interesting!

Thanks, it's cleared up a bit on it's own but I've got some antibiotics now. :)

Actually, I think it is this one: Make Five Enemies, Catch a Unique Fish in 10 different fishing spots, 500 Satisfaction Points, Get Married Within 24 Hours of Meeting a Townie, and One Sim Needs to Medal in 6 Different Back to Back Parties.

Raj has maxed Cooking skill and very high Gourmet Cooking skill so I remember doing the parties early and I started on the Tips and Fishing right away.

I'm don't quite recall exactly what order I did all the Bingo Lines in, I'm usually better at keeping track but have been sick and stressed.

Oh and @Deklitch I normally make my Sims cook Garden Salads, Fruit Salads and BLTs until they hit level two of the Cooking skill, less likely to burn the house down that way. Skill enhancing reward traits such as Morning Sim, Night Owl etc help with that as does being very Inspired. With Raj I didn't have to worry about that as he's in the Chef career and has already maxed the Cooking skill when you start playing with him, I chose him to get the Ambrosia done faster.

Offline Nikitachi

• Occult
« Reply #168 on: December 03, 2019, 06:18:58 AM »
Posted by: Nikitachi« on: Today at 05:46:04 AM Get well soon!!

Thanks, it's cleared up a bit on it's own but I've got some antibiotics now. :)

Actually, I think it is this one: Make Five Enemies, Catch a Unique Fish in 10 different fishing spots, 500 Satisfaction Points, Get Married Within 24 Hours of Meeting a Townie, and One Sim Needs to Medal in 6 Different Back to Back Parties.

Raj has maxed Cooking skill and very high Gourmet Cooking skill so I remember doing the parties early and I started on the Tips and Fishing right away.

I'm don't quite recall exactly what order I did all the Bingo Lines in, I'm usually better at keeping track but have been sick and stressed.

Oh and @Deklitch I normally make my Sims cook Garden Salads, Fruit Salads and BLTs until they hit level two of the Cooking skill, less likely to burn the house down that way. Skill enhancing reward traits such as Morning Sim, Night Owl etc help with that as does being very Inspired. With Raj I didn't have to worry about that as he's in the Chef career and has already maxed the Cooking skill when you start playing with him, I chose him to get the Ambrosia done faster.

That is what confuses me... From the rules:

No adding to the household until your Sim has completed one bingo (across, down, or diagonal).

But looks like Lily did 2 of the 5 tasks from the first line for you? (enemies and fishing) And as far as I understood, this is Lily Feng, which is not your starting Sim...

If anything, I am sorry, I am kinda sick too and may skip something obvious...

Offline Rainbow Dash

• Immortal
« Reply #169 on: December 03, 2019, 06:39:24 AM »
Posted by: Nikitachi« on: Today at 06:18:58 AM »That is what confuses me... From the rules:

No adding to the household until your Sim has completed one bingo (across, down, or diagonal).

But looks like Lily did 2 of the 5 tasks from the first line for you? (enemies and fishing) And as far as I understood, this is Lily Feng, which is not your starting Sim...

If anything, I am sorry, I am kinda sick too and may skip something obvious...

That's because I'm an idiot and didn't check my notes before posting my strategy, relying on my memory is well ... not that reliable it seems.

It was Lily that played for Tips not my Sim, I just got confused because I had so many Sims at the park doing different things at the same time.

Now I actually remember making my Sim go to all the different parks to fish and fight all the Sims there, lol.

Like I said, my memory is a little fuzzy in some places, I had so many Sims that trying to remember who did what and when is a bit of a nightmare.

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #170 on: December 03, 2019, 07:03:50 AM »
Garden salads only Deklitch

Isabelabe had: Eve:  cook 50 recipes (while learning cooking related skills)

So, are there enough Garden Salad varieties in Sims 4 to cook enough of them to meet that square? Because if not, how can anyone possibly meet that square's requirement.

At low cooking skills, cooking is risky so my sims cook salad/BLT till she got about lv.3-4 before starting using stove. Never have any fire with this strategy. :)

Offline Isabelalabe

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #171 on: December 03, 2019, 07:06:45 AM »
Great info, Isabelalabe. Yeah, you came into the season late this year -- your first event was the midseason Major, so who knows how you would have finished up if you had participated in the early events? Given you won not only the Finale, but also the restaurant event I am quite certain you would have finished much higher. Next year players will have to watch out for you. :)

Thanks for the kind words but I think it just really depends on how much time (in real life) we spend. I am probably just more free than others during some of these challenges :). Also, I don't even have all expansions so I just cannot participate in some of them but always have so much fun when I do.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #172 on: December 04, 2019, 06:49:20 AM »
I was hoping Rainbow would log on to the forum, read the team’s PM to her and take the appropriate steps herself to explain the rule that was broken, but I see that’s not the case. I need to get this wrapped up. Basically, Nikitachi asked Rainbow which bingo she did first.

The response was…

There’s no question those were the squares any smart player would choose to solo. The team set it up that way where it would be quite obvious they were the easiest ones. The problem is with this rule…

• No adding to the household until your Sim has completed one bingo (across, down, or diagonal).

That means that those 5 squares had to be soloed…no other Sims in the house.

It’s a problem because Rainbow gave clear evidence that she added to the household right away…

Straight away my Sim married Dennis Kim and used the powerful marriage moodlets to achieve eight very emotions quickly, moved in with The Fengs then moved in Penny Pizzazz and the Rasoyas.

Raj cooked the 50 recipes and Ambrosia for the party as he has maxed cooking and a high gourmet cooking skills.

Raj has maxed Cooking skill and very high Gourmet Cooking skill so I remember doing the parties early…

So, the team took the appropriate steps, discussed this at length yesterday and worked up a PM to Rainbow. I have also changed the leaderboard. The World Ranking will also ultimately be changed because of this. Let it be known that the team views this as a simple oversight on Rainbow’s part, but we also needed to be fair to other participants.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #173 on: December 04, 2019, 01:32:29 PM »
In case you did not catch the new poll on this board, please check it out and vote. Thanks.

What Packs Do You Have?

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #174 on: December 04, 2019, 02:31:44 PM »
Congrats to all the participants and thank you for sharing your strategies throughout the year.

In case you did not catch the new poll on this board, please check it out and vote. Thanks.

What Packs Do You Have?

@GlazeyLady

How long will this poll be up?  I responded already but realized that I will be adding two more packs at the end of this month....
If the poll's still up, do I take it over? And yes, I will be occasionally be participating in the 2020 Tournament. :)

Offline coolsim9999999

• Watcher
« Reply #175 on: December 04, 2019, 02:53:33 PM »
Congratulations on winning the finale @Isabelalabe!  Great stategy 8).

Thanks so very much for an awesome season, team.

Offline GlazeyLady

• Watcher
  • I'm not home alone.  My sims are all here.
« Reply #176 on: December 04, 2019, 05:55:20 PM »
Congrats to all the participants and thank you for sharing your strategies throughout the year.

What Packs Do You Have?

@GlazeyLady

How long will this poll be up?  I responded already but realized that I will be adding two more packs at the end of this month....
If the poll's still up, do I take it over? And yes, I will be occasionally be participating in the 2020 Tournament. :)

I'm not sure how long it will be up, but I don't think you can take it twice - when I click the link again, I see the results with no way to take it again or change my answers.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #177 on: December 04, 2019, 05:59:55 PM »

That's great news we'll see you in 2020, oshizu. :) I looked at the poll and it appears I set no time limit, but I'll probably delete it after a couple weeks when the team puts up the 2020 schedule and the first rule set.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #178 on: December 04, 2019, 10:13:20 PM »
@GlazeyLady & @Metropolis Man

Thank you both for responding about the poll's duration.
I do plan to buy/install RoM and DU but I'm delaying it until my Power of 10 Dynasty has heirs ready to move into each pack's world (otherwise, the premade sims will die out).
Shoot, I shouldn't have taken the question so literally!

Looking forward to seeing what the Challenge Team's creativity and imagination offer us in 2020.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2019, 06:25:58 PM »
In my case, it was a BLT that managed to burn down the house and kill the sim, just goes to show how bad I am still at this 'fun' game.

I just love the way that others all say "do this to that level of skill and the negative thing won't happen to you, it never has to me"

News Flash: It Does Happen To Me!