Author Topic: Working in the future  (Read 1651 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Working in the future
« on: October 23, 2019, 01:52:24 PM »
 hi it's me again lol!  i am considering playing a sim who travels to the future, but my question is if that sim gets a job in the future, and goes back home, are they also able to work in their main home? i guess i don't understand how they can have 2 jobs. if anybody can help me with this i'd really appreciate it and thanks so much!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Working in the future
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 03:09:47 PM »
I don't know how things work in the ItF worlds, as I don't play Into the Future.

However, I have had a Sims who had a job and then wanted to get another job. The game made them quit their first job so they could get the 2nd job.

Based on that, I'm thinking, they might be able to have a job in the ItF worlds, but it may not be feasible to have that same job in their home world unless the home world has that same job. For example working at the bookstore. They maybe able to work at the book store in both places.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 03:49:07 PM »
oh ok thanks mrs. flynn.  somehow that doesn't make sense to me, because you can't exactly live in the future indefinitely right? it's sort of like a vacation spot i think. so maybe it's best to NOT have a job in the future world, but just visit, and go home to your present life? what do YOU think? like you i never use this expansion pack and want to play NEW ways. thanks!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 04:20:45 PM »
By default it is a "vacation" style world. Like you said a place to visit and then go back home to your present life.

If you haven't really explored ItF and are curious bout it, give a try. :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Online Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 05:28:20 PM »
Unlike the other vacation worlds including uni, you don't have a time limit on how long you can remain in the ITF world. Your sims do age while in the future world, however.

There are jobs that came with ITF and from memory, some of them require you to be in the ITF world to be able to do them, while some could be done back in the present.

I played around with ITF way back when it came out, however nowadays I mostly uninstall the pack, despite my love of the Star Trek inspired things in it.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 08:21:40 PM »
thank you both for your replies. i too uninstall this pack, but i gotta admit i do like some of the furniture that comes with it the hair and clothes not so much. lol!  thanks again.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 06:10:29 PM »
I don't mind the ITF world. To me, it's kind of neat. However, like Dek said, your sims do age so if you want to get them a career while there, it's probably best to turn aging off for a bit if you plan to take them back to the present. Otherwise, they can age and die in the future. I'm not sure what would happen if you had a family at home and the your sim dies though. I always turn aging off if I want my sim to spend any amount of time there. If he/she meets a significant other and wants to get married, they can, but I don't think you will be able to have any children until you return home. About the jobs, your sim would prompted to quit their job in the present world if you want to have them work in the future. As w/all other jobs, your sims cannot have 2 jobs. Your sim could become quite wealthy just by collecting the mysterious key parts and assembling them and then going into the crashed space ship and collecting the items over and over. The "Hard Copy of the Internet" books are worthless to keep b/c there's no use for them, but can be sold for quite a bit.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.