Author Topic: Automatic Dark Form  (Read 9085 times)

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
Automatic Dark Form
« on: November 05, 2019, 08:19:02 PM »
So I'm not sure if any of you saw the post I made about this earlier under the mods, but that's neither here nor there. After some testing I've discovered that your sim will only transform when visiting a lot, whether at home or away. The second they step off a lot they will no longer transform. I am not sure if I should report this as a bug or if this is intentional. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Offline scoed

• Watcher
Re: Automatic Dark Form
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 08:43:05 PM »
It is a bug, and it is one I have seen in game. I do not know if it has been reported.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 09:12:18 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the same issue that you're talking about, but it sounds similar.

It sounds like it's not actually a bug, but a change in the way it works.

As Crin says in her post, there's this little icon that looks like a chain. This links the two together. So every change you make goes for both forms if they're linked.

You need to unlink them if you just want one form to change.

Dark form changes human form in CAS
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Dark-form-changes-human-form-in-CAS/td-p/7956199

If this doesn't help, please give more detail about the bug so we can search on it. Or if you feel it's a new bug, please go ahead and report it.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 09:29:19 PM »
I'm not sure if this is the same issue that you're talking about, but it sounds similar.

It sounds like it's not actually a bug, but a change in the way it works.

As Crin says in her post, there's this little icon that looks like a chain. This links the two together. So every change you make goes for both forms if they're linked.

You need to unlink them if you just want one form to change.

Dark form changes human form in CAS
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Dark-form-changes-human-form-in-CAS/td-p/7956199

If this doesn't help, please give more detail about the bug so we can search on it. Or if you feel it's a new bug, please go ahead and report it.
This doesn't happen in CAS, but happens in game play. When you step off the active lot and try to feed/ use powers the sim won't transform. When the sim is on the active lot, the sim will transform. I'm not sure how else to describe this.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 10:45:10 PM »
So you are saying that is a vampire walks to an open part of a neighborhood, a part where (for example) you can not enter build mode on, they can't/won't transform into their Dark Form or use other vampire powers?
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2019, 10:48:29 PM »
So you are saying that is a vampire walks to an open part of a neighborhood, a part where (for example) you can not enter build mode on... they can't/won't transform into their Dark Form or use other vampire powers?

They will use their powers and feed, but they won't change form. (It's a simple) cosmetic thing. Other than that yes that would be an accurate assessment.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2019, 10:54:40 PM »
OK, just hopped into my game to test. I had noticed this happening previously but hadn't paid it much attention as my vampire is at max level and because of that they don't always change into Dark Form to feed anyway.

In my game now my vampire is changing into their Dark Form to feed in the non-editable portions of neighborhoods but that just means my particular save file hasn't got this bug. Or it may mean that you have a mod causing this to happen in your game etc.

I'll make a few brand new saves and see if I can reproduce it with the various vampire ranks, that way we can make a valid bug report too.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2019, 10:57:30 PM »
In my game now my vampire is changing into their Dark Form to feed in the non-editable portions of neighborhoods but that just means my particular save file hasn't got this bug. Or it may mean that you have a mod causing this to happen in your game etc.

I'll make a few brand new saves and see if I can reproduce it with the various vampire ranks, that way we can make a valid bug report too.

No worries; I took out all my mods and tested it without them... it still happened. I didn't think to create a new save file.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2019, 11:09:03 PM »
Yeah, sometimes just taking out your mods isn't enough for testing purposes. Making a new game is important as not every patched in bug fix is retro active so older games may still function as if they still have certain bugs and mods just complicate that.

I've got into the habit of making a new save and throwing a brand new sim into a test file. Then I will try to test for the issue without using cheats, as that again can cause issues, but least that gives a slightly clearer picture about what may be going on with a feature. (Sometimes lol)

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2019, 11:21:50 PM »
Yeah, sometimes just taking out your mods isn't enough for testing purposes. Making a new game is important as not every patched in bug fix is retro active so older games may still function as if they still have certain bugs and mods just complicate that.

I've got into the habit of making a new save and throwing a brand new sim into a test file. Then I will try to test for the issue without using cheats, as that again can cause issues, but least that gives a slightly clearer picture about what may be going on with a feature. (Sometimes lol)
Do I need to remove all of my old saves b4 doing this?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 11:30:55 PM »
No, you shouldn't need to remove your older saves but if you wanted to you could. I don't remove older saves unless I know I am going to be creating a lot of new files for testing and that way I just delete the whole new saves folder I've made and put the older original saves folder back in when I am finished. Just don't delete your original saves folder by accident as there is no getting it back!

Generally simply making a new game save from the main menu is enough for testing once you have removed your mods folder and deleted the localthumbcache.package file.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2019, 11:48:37 PM »
I too am having this issue, and I have game saves that I play minus mod with mods removed, and games that are extremely modded, and some extremely old, and a save with a vamp that is fresh and I see it regularly, with and without mods. I started noticing it after the robot costume patch. I just didn't care as I am not a fan of the vamp chang thing. I think of it as an upgrade. I haven't tried to correct it. Drguyks if you want I will see if I can purge it from my game.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2019, 12:06:36 AM »
Just tested in 5 new saves, haven't seen the issue at all with lower ranked vampires. Of course remembering and taking into account that higher ranked vampires do not have to always switch into Dark Form anyway and it has been this way since the pack launched.

Some game bugs are just like this. If you do not always quit the game completely instead of quitting to the main screen some bugs will infect your entire game and be passed on to other save files.

I always Save As, then quit to desktop so often do not get many of the reported bugs.

Offline Drguyks

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2019, 12:21:49 AM »

Just tested in 5 new saves, haven't seen the issue at all with lower ranked vampires. Of course remembering and taking into account that higher ranked vampires do not have to always switch into Dark Form anyway and it has been this way since the pack launched.

Yeah it's with a high ranking vampire. So high ranking vampires don't always do this?

Some game bugs are just like this. If you do not always quit the game completely instead of quitting to the main screen some bugs will infect your entire game and be passed on to other save files.

So always quit game & never to main screen? Noted! Meanwhile it's a little too late for me to do this all the time so hopefully too much damage has occurred.

If it is a mod, how would I correct it? I know I would have to remove the mod, but is there anything else I need to do? Do I need to remove the local thumbnail cache?

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2019, 01:08:58 AM »
Right so one of the 'features' of a high ranked vampire is they can use their powers and feed without changing into their Dark Form. I guess it is to simulate they are now so all-powerful that they do not need to even harness the 'dark' to do vampy things.

Deleting the localthumbcache.packge file from your TheSims 4 folder after every time you play when using mods is a good idea. Deleting it every now and then when you play without mods is all that is needed.

To figure out which mod is causing the issue and remember it may still be a bug but just one that I can't recreate, first take out all mods, delete the localthumbcache.packge file from your TheSims 4 folder. Start a new game. Play the now vanilla mod-less and cc-less game and test to see if the bug is still there. If the bug is still there then you know it is a code issue that will need the TS4 developers to fix (unless you make mods or can fix code yourself.) So at that point you can just simply throw all your mods back in and keep playing. Making a Bug Report is one way to bring the bug to the developers attention.

If you do not see the bug you can then place half your mods back in - test to see if the bug still occurs. If it does then you know that one of the mods you just replaced into your game is causing the issue. So quit and delete the localthumbcache.packge file from your TheSims 4 folder again and remove half the mods again.

Keep doing this remove half your mods testing pattern until you can narrow it down to just one mod and only one mod in your game when the bug occurs. Then contact the person who made the mod and explain the issue. Hopefully you can help them to narrow down what is causing the issue with their mod by telling them exactly what you did in-game to see it.

How to Fix Mod Issues

How to Make a Bug Report https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLW2cYKpOl8

Link Directly to EA's Official Bug Forum

anything