Author Topic: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. New chapter. 01/11  (Read 8658 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. New chapter. 09/30
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2020, 08:23:09 PM »
I noticed that the guitar ops started to really pour in when my sim was an adult too. She supermaxed the skill and maxed her career right before elderhood, though at the expense of having an heir right against the wire immediately afterwards. I've never had pregnancy or maternity leave affect skill ops though, I'm just trying to stretch things out.

I actually have things to discuss about skill ops and townie babies but I figured they might be better off on a more broad thread.

Anyways! I still feel like Hugh gave something to Jor but I can't put my finger on it. I guess he's more confident in aging up than Willow was, she's probably fine but I also feel like a midlife crisis is coming, kid or no kid. It's mean to not show us the birthday!

It's really nice when my female townies end up with other women, both for making me feel nice about pollination (do YOU want a pudding donor?) and generally just warming my heart. Not enough of it has happened in my dynasty saves. Supposedly it's influenced by how many same-sex relationships you have in your own household but there was plenty of that on my end!

Also I appreciate the use of maternity-enabled content so I don't feel so alone with my endless choices.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. New chapter. 09/30
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2020, 07:02:23 PM »
I noticed that the guitar ops started to really pour in when my sim was an adult too. She supermaxed the skill and maxed her career right before elderhood, though at the expense of having an heir right against the wire immediately afterwards. I've never had pregnancy or maternity leave affect skill ops though, I'm just trying to stretch things out.
I supermaxed the guitar skill just one before and the sim was an adult just days before her elderhood and it's seems that Willow goes for that way too, I think she's going to make it.

I actually have things to discuss about skill ops and townie babies but I figured they might be better off on a more broad thread.
That's a thread that I would follow and contribute without a doubt.

I still feel like Hugh gave something to Jor but I can't put my finger on it. I guess he's more confident in aging up than Willow was, she's probably fine but I also feel like a midlife crisis is coming, kid or no kid. It's mean to not show us the birthday!
I know what you mean with something of Hugh in Jor but I still couldn't find what it is. I'm thinking maybe the eyes, at first glance they look like Nessie's but Hugh has big eyes too, but like I said I'm not so sure. Jor is very fun to play, he comes across like a very confident sim and I have great plans for him.
Luckily neither Willow nor Dermot had a crisis, I'm sure the game will compensate for this with the next generation. I see Willow like a free spirit, she's always in a good mood and wishes simple things that are easy to grant so I think things like age doesn't bother her. Give her her guitar and that's all, she's one of my all time favorite in game born sims. As for her birthday, I realized that I had no screenshot of it while writing the chapter, and I felt guilty not only for her but for others too for not celebrating  theirs either. Such a bad watcher.

It's really nice when my female townies end up with other women, both for making me feel nice about pollination (do YOU want a pudding donor?) and generally just warming my heart. Not enough of it has happened in my dynasty saves. Supposedly it's influenced by how many same-sex relationships you have in your own household but there was plenty of that on my end!
I was surprised by that couple and very pleased so I had to include it in the update of course, it's not so often I see that in EA progression. I don't have same sex couples in the house right know (right know being the key phrase) so it could be the reason. I tend to let my sims choose their romantic partners, not including pollinators for obvious reasons, so I only start to give them a little help when I had a couple of generations of just straight couples. Eight generation without same sex couples? Yeah, not very realistic and I like a little of reality in my sims games even in silly funny stories like this one. But seeing how the next generation of sims is going, I don't think this is going to be a problem.  ;)

Also I appreciate the use of maternity-enabled content so I don't feel so alone with my endless choices.
I love them! The cc I use doesn't usually include clothing, but maternity-enabled content? yes, please.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. New chapter. 01/11
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 05:35:59 PM »
Chapter 6: A Happy Day… Sort Of

This chapter was supposed to tell the joys of a wedding. For which I spent several minutes decorating the house’s yard with a mixture of Willow and Dermot's favorite colors. All the effort for nothing, because an hour before the wedding began the repowoman showed up and took my decoration away.

Then she dared to take away Jor toddler’s photography, the one when he was a sleeping on the floor.

While this was happening, the guests were arriving. They all went straight to the cakes left since the morning on the kitchen table where Jor and Willow's birthdays had been celebrated.

For her part, Willow was upstairs competing with Nessie and Jor for who got to the little one first.
Willow: Mushu is my son.
Nessie: This is the closest I'll get to be a grandmother.
Ceres: And your reason, Jor?
Jor: Practicing for the future? I really don't know what I'm doing here.

I wanted to take the reins of this wedding a little, so I sent everyone to the backyard, only Willow obeyed me.
Willow: This is taking forever.

Let's move on with this even though no guest is in the right place. Here I wanted to do a scene about Willow walking down the aisle, it didn't turn out the way I wanted, Dermot seems bored and the bride is looking to the side instead of the groom.

I wanted Quinn to take some photos of this event, but he glitched out and he just stood there with Mushu in his arms without responding to my commands.

Quinn: That's not correct, Watcher. I'm here enjoying the special moment of two of my closest friends.
Ceres: You? The man that was reading a book while Willow was in labor?
Quinn: That doesn't matter now, look at the bride and groom are exchanging vows.

In the end the guests approached the wedding, although only half of them seemed to be paying attention.

Certainly not Michael, who seemed more interested in scaring Nessie.

By now I stopped worrying and let everyone on free will. Willow immediately took over, first cutting the cake and then entertaining the public with her guitar.

When most of the guests had left, Jor approached his father.
Hugh: Wow, you have grown a lot.
Jor: Well, I'm not a baby anymore.
Awkward moment. It’s my fault, I never called him to the house because Nessie never had wished related to him so I didn’t bother with him.

By the time the party was over, I was disappointed that I couldn't get some photos, so I resetsim Quinn and re-created the scene. The dark sky behind them gave it a nice touch.

Willow and Dermot enjoyed the wedding night despite everything.

I have to start updating this thread more often but I'm having trouble writing this story. I'm not feeling it, maybe it's because I still have screenshots from March of last year and they're all over the place. I'm still having playing the dynasty, though.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2021, 08:02:42 PM »
I almost wanna call it a beautiful wedding. One errant repo-woman but at least two pregnant townies, Hugh actually being an attentive father, the bride and groom looking great, etc.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2021, 11:18:01 PM »
I laughed at the repo man arriving to steal you stuff right after you finished! It sounds like something that would happen on a real housewife episode. It's so rude! And then to steal a baby picture! Who made the repo man so angry?!

My weddings always end up chaotic as well. They never went to use the chairs! But everything turned out well in the end and more babies will be arriving soon!