Author Topic: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. New chapter. 01/11  (Read 8547 times)

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. New chapter. 01/11
« on: November 25, 2019, 01:07:02 PM »
Hello everyone, after a long time away from this beautiful forum, I decided to try an immortal dynasty again. This is a pending subject and something I try to do since the first day I registered here.
For this attempt I’ve deactivated seasons and into the future, for better performance and opportunities. Celebrity system off.

The founder is Willow Hatch, who is the first heir of my also failed townie decadynasty, daughter of Emma Hatch and Gobias Koffi. I fell in love with her from the beginning, she’s amazing. In the decadynasty I kept her alive through makeovers until the very end, which was the fourth generation. Technically, I never failed the challenge but the save became so corrupt with bugs and glitches that I had to give up, also the game had started to cull all my work (pollinators’ children). Impulsive as I am sometimes, I deleted all the photos from the server (which I later regretted).

When I thought about making a new attempt in the immortal dynasty, she was one of the first ideas I had for a founder (along with an Agnes clone but that isn't possible). So Willow went through CAS to be a clean slate, have a makeover and change her skintone to the pale rainbow slider because we’re disembarking in Drago Valley. Yay for rainboos!

Her traits and Lifetime Wish are the same as before and I have the intention of let her supermax guitar because that was the first option for her in the decadynasty but due to lack of time (10 days to Elder) and not enough opportunities (six or seven) I had to make the call to change it to charisma.

1st Gen:
Willow Hatch
Traits: Good Sense of Humor, Loves the Outdoors, Schmoozer, Virtuoso, Workaholic
LTW: Rock Star
Career: Music - Rock Star - level 8
Supermax Skill: Guitar - level 10
Other Maxed Skills:
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs: Observant; No bills ever;
6 Best Friends: Dermot Cullen; Siobahn Murphy; Zoe Cromos;
6 Black Opps: Filling the applications; I got your buck up; Rise the fun(d); It shines, it sparkles; Sorting the section; Tons of tips.
Museum Pieces: Young Adult portrait, photo, sculpture. Adult portrait, photo, sculpture.

2nd Gen:
Mushu Hatch
Traits: Athletic, Disciplined
LTW:
Career:
Supermax Skill:
Other Maxed Skills:
Building:
Property:
3 LTRs:
6 Best Friends:
6 Black Opps:
Museum Pieces: Toddler portrait, photo, sculpture.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2019, 04:01:22 PM »
Chapter 1: Loch Ness Monster

Willow and I arrived early in Dragon Valley to start a new life…
Willow: Oh it’s you again.

… full of new opportunities.
Willow: Opportunities for you, you mean, because I already had a successful life with completed requeriments, married with two childeren and two granchildren. A life free off a watcher, you know.
Ceres: Yeah, I know and sorry but I want to finish a immortal dynasty and you’re my best option.
Willow: Well what can I say? I’m already here in this empty plot of land so… What are your plans?
Ceres: Well, to start your supermax is going to be guitar.
Willow: Are you sure? Not cooking or gardening? I would think that these are the most obvious and safe options.
Ceres: Yes, and if you were any other founder who I had created from scratch those would have been the options but I wanted you as you are so…
Willow: Guitar
Ceres: Guitar
Willow: Let me see then.

Ceres: What are you doing?
Willow: Searching the wiki for good candidates for helpers.
Ceres: Ok, good. But for future reference, I’ld prefer for you to not use the internet or anything that increases other skills for that matter.
Willow: Right, I know who we have to see first.

Two hours later…

Willow: That’s a really long drive, I hope someone is home.
Nessie Lochlan: Comming!

Willow: Hi, I’m Willow Hatch and I’m funding an immortal dynasty.
Nessie: Hello, Willow, nice to meet you, let's pretend we're not seeing the O’Connells floating around us.
Willow: Yes, we’re totally talking about cooking and not about the panicking watcher thinking that the game is already glitching.
Ceres: Not panicking, no sir.

Nessie: Now that that’s normalized, let's go to my house and see what you have to offer me.

Willow: Okay, first, I want you to be my painter.
Nessie: Doable.
Willow: The mother of a future helper/pollinator.
Nessie: I don’t know about that, I’m happy without children.
Willow: My watcher understands you perfectly and if it wasn't because she needs to populate the town she wouldn't ask you to do it.

Nessie: Is your watcher here?
Willow: Yes, but you know what the rules are like, you can't listen to her until you're under her control.
Ceres: Tell her that I’m not that controlling.
Willow rolled her eyes.
Ceres: Ok, but at least I let you fulfill your wishes and form relationships with the sims that you want.
Willow: Well, that’s true.
Nessie: What’s true?
Willow: We’re talking about the controlling nature of the watchers, especially mine. She’s a little demanding in careers and skills but in the social part she lets us choose a lot.
Nessie: Not so bad, point in favor. Anything else you want to tell me?

Willow: Well you always have to think about the positive of being under a watcher. Makeover, rich (or a least comfortable) by the second week and impossibility of being eliminated from the game ahead of time and the best part, being a character in a story.
Nessie: Yes, the not culling is tempting… but the possibility that story progression will makes me a long-lived occult, too.
Willow: Yes, anything can happen, it’s all chance.
The older woman patted her chin thinking seriously.
Nessie: Well, the pros are more than the cons, so I'm in.

Willow: That’s the spirit! Welcome to my dynasty!

Two hours later (again). It took us longer to go to Nessie's house and return than to convince her to live with us.
Willow: This is my plot of land. Some day it’s going to be a large compiliations of boxes, also known as dynasty mansions.

Ceres: Welcome!
Nessie: AAAH! Don't scare me like that!
Ceres: Sorry!
Willow: You’ll get used to it.
Nessie: What’s that?

Ceres: That’s my welcome gift for you.
Willow: We’ve the painter. Now what?

Ceres: Now is time for the sculptor and at least one pollinator.

Welcome!That's the first chapter, I just started playing this challenge today so I don't have much to post, in a few days I will put another chapter. Until next time!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. Chapter 1 up
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 06:56:49 PM »
I missed Willow and her crew (best pollinator and stylist Iñaki is forever in my heart). I 100% don't miss pollinating in an immortal dynasty because of how precious household space is but I trust you for the work you've done in the past. ;) Plus Nessie seems a little ignored in DV dynasties. Like by comparison, I'm sure everyone with colorful skin has been used somewhere.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 07:24:23 PM »
Ugh, Willow! Don't raise your social networking skill! (I always have such a rough time keeping my Sims off their phones. I've given up trying to save social networking as a supermax, it's worse than athletics....all my sims seems to sneak a level in somehow.) Good luck, and congrats on snagging your painter!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2019, 07:47:43 PM »
@Trip I miss her crew too, the best household ever. The game is almost inaccessible now although I have it saved just for the love I have for them. I'm reading your decadynasty (I'm going for Heiva part 4) and it makes me miss mine a lot.
I think Nessie is ignored for her age, half way into adulthood which is exactly the reason why I chose her; and her big eyes in a narrow face, gorgeous woman. Thanks for reading. :)

@Trident Yes, social networking is a headache to keep them away! ::) And you can't do sneaky things like leave a painting or sculpture half done or block access to a room. Thank you! I'm very happy with my painter. Edit: I just saw in your signature what you are doing a household skill project, I love that challenge, I'm so going to be reading it.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 12:47:45 PM »
Chapter 2: Stalking a Cullen

In the last chapter, I left Willow the task of finding a sculptor, preferably a young adult who will (hopefully) become her future boyfriend/husband /worse is nothing half. Maybe you're wondering why a young adult? It’s for purely selfish reasons. Sculpting is the task that really bothers me in the challenge, doing all those ice sculptures to ensure that they don't melt is something I prefer not to have to suffer constantly. Having a young adult who can take care of not only Willow's but some pieces of her child too is a suitable solution for me. And why Willow’s partner? Because I prefer to reserve older men to be pollinators.
Willow: What Ceres meant with all that long introduction is that we already have someone in mind, the best thing is that we both agree it’s the pefect choice.
Ceres: I was just trying to update the readers.
Anyway, his name is Dermot Cullen and he’s a homeless townie working as a tattoo artist in the salon. He was in my “Willow’s posible partner” list but only if she was willing, I don’t like to force my sims to have any type of relationship with anyone, be it romantic or not.
Willow: Luckily for Ceres I was into him.
Ceres: Very much.

Willow could only talk to him a little before the salon closed and all interactions with him became inaccessible. The good thing is that despite having exchanged few words, Willow began to have all kinds of wishes with him like become friends, hang out, know his traits.

So with what was left of the day I made her do productive things like taking a guitar class and getting a job in the music career.

It’s was there where she meet her boss, Sean Kelly, and I received this notification.

Willow: He’s cute but he isn’t Dermot.
Ceres: I know, I realized that when you kept rolling wishes towards Dermot and nothing for Sean. Exactly the same as when you met Reme.
Story time:
Reme Keaton was Willow’s husband, when she met him she was dating someone who I don't remember. One look at Reme and all her wished were for him. At that time I remember planning the next house with that boyfriend but she had fallen hard for Reme and she wanted him so I changed all my plans for her. She’s acting the same way with Dermot.
Those are the thing that makes me love this game so much, her behavior is terribly consistent in two different saves.

The next morning, she autonomously called him which surprised me a lot, it’s was a long time since I see a sim do that without the help of mods. And the best thing? As soon as the call ended, he immediately called back. They are so cute.

Willow: For you I would go through seas and mountains, or at least one glass door.
Dermot: You say the most romantic things.

Willow: You’re like a masterpiece, look at all those beatifull tattoos.
Dermot: Oh stop, you’re making me blush.
Ceres: Or maybe it's just his makeup.

Unfortunately, the conversation had to end there since Willow had to go to her first day of work. At least they are friends now.

Meanwhile in the house, Nessie spent the whole morning painting so it was time for her to socialize a little and test whether the romance that EA created for her with Hugh Gray was viable or not.

Ceres: You seem excited to call him.
Nessie: I haven't talked to anyone for 8 hours.

First thing I discovered, there was attraction between them. The second was that despite testing their conflicting traits (he’s unflirty and she’s flirty) it never triggered, they flirted, hugged and kissed and the conflict never showed up.

And best of all, many autonomous actions between them.
Nessie: I really like him.
Ceres: I clearly see that. I think it’s time for the nooboo we talked about.

Nessie: Hugh, I really need your help to fulfil my watcher's plans.
Hugh: Everything to keep this town alive.

After that, the date ended but the man stayed to keep Nessie company anyway.

As soon as she got home, Willow quickly called Dermot, there’s no time to lose.
Dermot: So it's good that I already brought the bags, right?
Willow: Yes!

The bags are not the only thing that Dermot brought.  He had seven points in cooking, so he’s going to doing that beside sculpting. But that is not all! The best thing (or sim really) was that one of this household mates came with him.
Michael McCarthy had a couple of points in gardening so he’s going to be our gardener and first pollinator. And the best thing? He’s six days to Elder. Woohoo!

I forgot to take a screenshot when he arrived, he’s the purple-haired sleeping in the single bed, the one napping is Hugh Gray that I have to make him leave so Nessie could go to sleep.
Now some random things:

Autonomous heat of the moment kiss.

Very much acepted.
Willow: I’m irresistible.

Makeover for Dermot.

And for Nessie too.

And again I forgot to take a screenshot of him.
Michael: I hope it doesn’t happen again, there are only a few days left of this beautiful face.
Ceres: Next update, I promise.

And I finish this chapter with the picture of the future new member of the house.
In more information about Nessie, as soon as she got pregnant she rolled the wish to go steady with Hugh, so I fulfilled it, the next morning she wanted to be engaged and a few minutes later to marry him. So we have two women in the house who know what they want, unfortunately Nessie won't be able to get it but I plan on letting her have her romance in peace with her boyfriend.

Next chapter: we'll be looking for a photographer/pollinator.

Info about the helpers:
Nessie Lochlan: Flirty, Bookworm, Excitable, Vegetarian, Artistic. LTW: Star News Anchor.
Dermot Cullen: Good Sense of Humor, Daredevil, Grumpy, Easily Impressed, Ambitious. LTW: The Tinkerer.
Michael McCarthy: Flirty, Daredevil, Family-Oriented, Childish, Friendly. LTW: Hit Movie Composer.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trident

• Occult
Re: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. Chapter 2 11/26
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 08:52:54 PM »
Long hair and tattoos? I'd fall at first sight, too!

Congrats on finding a sculptor. Now for the hard part......getting those ice sculptures....

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 01:37:24 AM »
I love them already!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2019, 08:49:33 PM »
I actually love exploring the original homeless townies of a town. EA sometimes hides some great genes in there!

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2019, 07:22:21 PM »

Rainboos and pollinators? I'm in! Looks like you're off to a great start!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2020, 05:55:40 PM »
@Trident I'd fall at first sight, too! Too! :P Thank for reading.
@Chubling Thank you! You're so kind.
@Trip Homeless townies are part of my games very often, especially if they are from Dragon Valley, they're all hidden jewels.
@Rhoxi Thank you! I know you like pollinators and rainboos, your two immortal dynasties were some of the completed ones I read when I signed up in this forum.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: Hatching Dragons, an Immortal Dynasty. Chapter 3 01/06
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2020, 06:09:41 PM »
Sorry for the delay in this update, december was a chaotic month. I had this half-done chapter since then but I didn't have the time to finish it until today.

Chapter 3: Pollinating the flowers.

As I promised, a close up of Michael. He’s one gorgeous sim, at least to me, I like his (older) sophisticated face.

Continuing the story, Willow went in search of the second pollinator. My intention was to incorporate Daric Ordhen to the household but the game threw me a curvedball…

Willow: Hmmm.
Ceres: Hmmm.
Daric: Story progression changed your watcher’s plans?
Willow: Apparently.
Daric: Ok, maybe in a few years?
Definitely. The game curveball wasn’t what I was expecting but I can't complain, it gaves me a possible pollinator or husband for a future generation.
Of course, this leaves me with plan B.

I love Quinn a lot, don't misunderstand me, but I was hoping I could include sims that aren't used so regularly and we all know that he’s one of the most used sims in stories in Dragon Valley.  My other option was Riley Cromos but I want to use his daughter in the future so...

Quinn: Of course I join your house, everyone wants to see this face.
Quinn aside, see something interesting in the screenshot? Maybe something small in the background? Purple? That’s my first pollinator doing his magic.

Emma Delaney couldn’t stay long with Michael because she had to go to work but at least they had the first contact.
Quinn is going to be the photographer of this generation, so for now I decided to leave him in his career despite the questionable work clothes.

Now the dynasty is underway… WHAT ARE YOU DOING?

Ceres: One second, Willow, one second I don’t put my eyes on you and what do you do? Scare me to death, that’s what you do.
Willow: I just wanted to see if you were alert.
Ceres: Sure, you were. Dermot! Come here to take care of this!

Errr I was talking about the cooking, I swear.  Better let's keep talking about pollinators.
Quinn’s first victim is Aislin Walsh and this shot pretty much describes their relationship, or lack thereof.  She’s always running away from him.

Who is succeeding is Michael, Emma is very into him.

They’re in the romantic interest stage, so Emma is ready to see the rabittholes’ interiors.
To make them try for baby and since I had never used the mausoleum for these purposes, I took advantage of they  proximity to it to make them do a tur but the option never show up. I don't know if they can't do it in the mausoleum or it just didn't appear on this visit.

Emma had to go to work after the date so Michael returned home to work a little in the garden. No screenshot for Quinn since all he has done is take pictures and be rejected by Aislin.
The next day was a new chance for pollinating, so Michael invited Emma to a new date, this time to the theater, she gladly accepted.  While I was waiting for them to leave the rabitthole, Aislin Walsh appeared there so I sent Quinn immediately to the place, only to arrive just when she was leaving.

Apparently I will have to give up on her. At least this visit helped me find out about two things; One, Aislin is now a vampire; two, Quinn found someone who is interested in him.

If Aislin's gesture is of regret then I'm sorry there is no room for doubt in these dynasties!
Quinn: Actually you should say that there is no room in having doubt to fall for me.
Ceres: Whatever you say, Quinn.

Cassidy Predergast is a fairy and has one spot open in her house, so her interest is very much welcome. Although this time she didn’t accept Quinn's advances much and prefers to sit on the bench on the other side of the theater.
And to further highlight Quinn's hard efforts, Michael left the theater with Emma in tow to show that he doesn't have those problems.
Michael: No one resists this face.

A short time later Aislin decided to return and engage Quinn in a conversation.

Apparently Cassidy didn’t like this change of heart and sent one of her children to interrupt them so she could be the one talking to him. Aislin left again.

The following photos are to show that the other members of the house also do productive but not so interesting things.
Willow playing the guitar at the park.

Dermot and Nessie doing what the do all day long.

As you can see Nessie is no longer pregnant. Why haven't I mentioned it so far? You can ask.
Nessie: She delated the screenshots of my nooboo’s birth.
Ceres: Unintentionally, of course. I was trying to organize them.
Nessie: It’s a boy, to nobody surprise. So here’s my beautiful boy in his toddler birthday.

At first I was going to choose a name from the theme that I decided for Willow's heirs to name him but in the end I decided to give Nessie her own theme. Since she’s named after an aquatic monster, he’ll be too.
Here’s  Jörmundgander Lochlan, to which we are all going to call him by his diminutive, Jor. Named after one of Loki Odinson children, the mythological god not the marvel one (it’s nothing against the mcu it’s just because reading history and mythologies is my one of my favorite hobbies).

I think he’s a mini Nessie with pink skin. His trait are athletic and artistic and his favorites are indie, shawarma and spice brown.
And as always happens at this point, I am going to spam the chapter with photos of the child of the house.

I'm sorry, I know it's a lame joke but I couldn't resist it. Jor screenshots spam will be the next update.
Until next time.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2020, 06:30:23 PM »
I give myself one free "overused townie card" too. All's forgiven if there really was anything to forgive, it's just a collection of 3D meshes in a game! Too bad Quinn didn't have the good grace to become a long-lived supernatural for a twist. I like him but I also like long-lived supernaturals.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2020, 06:39:36 PM »
Michael is killing it with the pollinating. Him and that pretty, pretty face. The rabbit hole woohoo spots are a life saver. So handy.

anything