Author Topic: TV Glitch  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
TV Glitch
« on: December 04, 2019, 04:27:20 PM »
Hi, I just came back to Sims 4 after a number of years absent. I vaguely remember a glitch w/the tv w/it not playing and thought there might have been a fix, but that was way before the current patch. Does anybody know a work around or a fix for this bug? This only happens in live mode. It looks good when paused. Here is a pic:
TV Glitch.jpg

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: TV Glitch
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2019, 05:04:11 PM »
This is by design for Speed 2 and 3. Play posted about it in 2016.

[By Design] TV Scrambled on Fast Forward
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=25549.0

There's a mod that solves it over at Modthesims - No More Video Distortion. However it may not work, as it hasn't been updated since last year (2018).
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2019, 07:54:46 PM »
I'm not sure what happened to my reply from early, but I had said Thanks very much! Anyway, when I went to that mod this is what the guy said about it:

"Due to the way the mod is coded, it should be very stable with future changes to the video scripting unless major changes are made to the VideoComponent of the game."

Offline Sonshine

• Heaven Bound
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 03:10:14 PM »
Well, so much for "should be very stable." It worked great on the first go around after installing it, but now it doesn't. :(  EA must have done some major changes which doesn't surprise me. Probably the changes from adding more content via ep's.