Author Topic: Installing Sims 2 Patches  (Read 6956 times)

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
Installing Sims 2 Patches
« on: January 24, 2020, 04:12:23 PM »
I just recently restarted Sims 2 because my saves were getting kinda buggy, but also because my game wasn't fully patched. I only had the Seasons patch installed originally. I found the rest online and have them downloaded. However when I try to install them a window pops up saying that the Sims 2 is already up to date. I definitely remember having to install the Seasons patch so I don't know why I can't install the rest.

How can I install the rest of the patches so that my game is fully patched?

Offline greysolive

• Nooboo
Re: Installing Sims 2 Patches
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 07:23:15 AM »
Faced with similar issue too

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline DonaldMcDonald

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 01:20:00 AM »
You must be running the Sims 2 for PC to install the patches.
This game is the best. It is my favorite on the ds to play, and I will never stop playing it. From the interesting characters to taking a nice walk in the desert, to managing the strange town hotel, to refueling the nuclear reactor core of the hotel for power to getting rid of robots, aliens, and gangsters, it never gets old.

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2020, 09:30:37 AM »
What do you mean by you must be running the Sims 2? Does that mean the disc must be inserted. It usually is, but do I have to put in each disc for each expansion pack in order to install the patch? I have every pack/expansion and play through the Mansion and Garden stuff disc. So do I have to insert the original Sims 2 disc to install Sims 2 patch, Nigtlife disc for Nightlife patch, etc.?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2020, 09:58:58 AM »
Yes, it looks like you'll need to have each expansion and stuff pack disc inserted into the computer to patch them.

How to Install the Sims 2
https://www.wikihow.com/Install-the-Sims-2

If you've already tried fully uninstalling/reinstalling Sims 2 from base game disc up through expansions and stuff packs, tried patching and the game still isn't working, try contacting EA with the error information. They may be able to help with either directing you to patches that work or might give you a digital version to install provided you have proof of Sims 2 on disc.

If you're able to get it to work, and are having graphics issues try the Graphic Rules Maker (just follow the instructions) - https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/graphics-rules-maker. ** This only works on Sims 2
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2020, 09:51:26 AM »
What if every expansion pack is already installed? Can I patch each expansion just by inserting the disc for each one? Or do I have to uninstall everything?

I only ask because multiple in the household people play the game on separate accounts (we use Windows 7 and each have our own profile) and I don't want them to lose their saves if I uninstall the whole thing.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2020, 11:14:42 AM »
That I don't know, you can try  to try that out as a test. However, you shouldn't loose your saved games.

Saved games are stored in:
C:\Users\<your username>\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 folder

You can copy/move the Sims 2 folder to the desktop or backup media of your choice for safe keeping.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SimFan1228

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 01:16:34 PM »
Wound up uninstalling and reinstalling all packs, making sure to keep the disc insterted after each and I was able to install the patches that way.