Author Topic: Carr Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 68191 times)

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Re: Carr Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #120 on: June 30, 2020, 10:34:17 AM »
Opal looks so cute!

Maybe Morgan and Robin need a vacation? Maybe Robin needs a hot girlfriend and Morgan can provide a baby? Maybe Morgan is gay and Robin can provide him a surrogate baby?

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #121 on: June 30, 2020, 02:28:55 PM »
I feel your frustration with the Robin and Morgan lack of mutual attraction. I have never liked pairing up sims when they don't throw any romantic wishes towards each other.
I thought it might just be another glitch but they are rolling other wishes.  Maybe they're just not all that compatible, despite having a shared trait (which is lucky, ironically enough).

That meteor shower at Abu Simbel sounds amazing.  I'll have to try playing with aliens again.

I can see that the next heir maybe a problem unless Morgan falls for Opal when she is older!  She is lovely by the way.
Opal looks so cute!
She is pretty (and a redhead, which is always a plus for me).  Another thin Sim, though.  One of the things in Robin's favour is that she's average-sized.

Maybe Morgan and Robin need a vacation? Maybe Robin needs a hot girlfriend and Morgan can provide a baby? Maybe Morgan is gay and Robin can provide him a surrogate baby?
A holiday might do them some good.  I'm pretty sure they're both straight (if Morgan can be said to be anything at all), simply because that tends to be the game's default and all of the relationships in the active household have been heterosexual.  Maybe I should send them out to talk to more people and see whether anything develops.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2020, 12:04:48 PM »
Va-va-voom!

Understandably, Robin felt the need to celebrate Morgan having proposed at last.  Rather more puzzlingly, Morgan also wished to throw a party.  He's never really struck me as the sociable type.

Robin went first.  The men of the house were not invited to the hen party but dressed up in suitably ridiculous outfits anyway.

374.Dressed_to_impress.jpg

Apparently, the SimBot version of dressing to impress is to disguise yourself as a human.  This is Morgan's creation/daughter, Kristy.

375.Kristy.jpg

Portia made a speech.

376.Speech.jpg

"All of you, stop staring at the scantily clad hunks with the portable spotlights for a minute and listen!  I'd like to congratulate my dear friend Robin on finally snaring my son – but also commiserate, because the boy's an idiot.  Oh well, if it's what she wants…"

And Portia sprayed her prospective daughter-in-law with fizzy nectar.  (Nasty cheap plonk, obviously.  A connoisseur like Portia wouldn't treat a decent vintage like that.)

377.Fizzy_nectar.jpg

Robin, who had apparently managed to swig significant quantities of said plonk while it was hitting her in the face, stripped down to her underwear and retaliated.

378.Retaliation.jpg

And the party went riotously on for most of the day.

The next day, while his womenfolk were nursing their hangovers, Morgan had his (rather smaller and quieter) stag do.  He looked as though he was regretting it almost at once.

379.Regret.jpg

I think Austin had made an early start on the nectar.  He'd apparently forgotten about the dress code and turned up in his usual formal outfit.  As the only other male member of the household, he was only too happy to propose a (frankly unrepeatable) toast. 

380.Toast.jpg

Whether it was absentmindedness or, ahem, party spirit, he forgot about the whole nectar-spraying thing.  Morgan, who was finally getting into the swing of things, doused him anyway.

381.Spray.jpg

Austin, temporarily undisturbed by having his best suit ruined, reappeared in a pair of flame-print boxers and carried on partying, while Morgan gave in to a midlife crisis wish to flirt with one of the party dancers.

382.Party.jpg

Things went quiet for a while, while everyone recovered.  Then Opal, who'd been innocently at school throughout and wondered why the grown-ups were all behaving a bit oddly, had a birthday and became a Fire Opal.

383.Opal_teen_BD.jpg

It was the weekend, so VW, who appears to be planning a second career as a driving instructor, taught her to drive that same day – and Opal came home to find her biggest and best present sitting in the drive.

384.Opel.jpg

She had a prom on her second day of high school and was voted queen, despite knowing hardly any of her classmates.

385.Opel_prom.jpg

The adults went back to their usual pursuits.  The artists painted and/or sculpted.  VW and Portia posed for them and looked after the garden but spent most of their time enjoying the games room and home spa.

386.Acupuncture.jpg

(It's probably just the chef's outfit but Portia looks to me as though she's sticking a load of meat probes into poor VW  :o.)

Morgan had now finished the Widget Wonder challenge and was concentrating on the big inventions, with the assistance of his little helpers.

387.Gnomes.jpg

I've lost count of how many inventing gnomes he's made but they seem to be everywhere around the house.

388.Gnomes.jpg

When he's not in the workshop, he's usually at the barre, although the whole grace and elegance thing still seems to be escaping him.

389.Bad_ballet.jpg

Portia finally got the opportunity I'd been waiting for.  I'd had an idea about 'A Lot of Bad Apples' and wanted to try it out.  Portia and VW had each been given one good-quality omniplant seed and two bad ones.  Very bad, in fact: two of the plants were putrid and two were horrifying.  Would feeding the bad apple to one of them produce more bad apples?

390.Omniplant.jpg

It would.  Two days later, Portia had a truly horrible harvest.

391.Horrible_apples.jpg

A few of the apples were bad.  Most were worse.  And I got to see the successful completion of the opportunity for the very first time :D.

392.Success.jpg

Satisfied with her achievement (and the resulting pay rise), Portia retired.

393.Retirement.jpg

I've been trying to complete that opp for years.  The nearest I've come is by doing it repeatedly and collecting the apples but there have never been enough, even in a long game.

Credit: Opel Insignia by Fresh Prince.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2020, 01:57:22 PM »
Opal looks so good! I love her mouth and I hope it gets passed on to whatever kids she has.

Maybe Morgan and Robin just needed a fun party to relax and a fun wedding and they'll be all over each other? Morgan seems to be getting more into the spirit of things!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2020, 10:18:00 PM »
This babymomma race is the most difficult for me yet...because I like them both. Maybe Morgan and Robin will get their act together for a baby and after Robin's death, Opal can reproduce with one of the male ghosts you certainly have lying around for Spouse #6. Which is the sort of bonkers household space juggling thing I'd think of and really shouldn't recommend to anyone, it's just my love of Opal I guess. She's turned into a great young sim!

I've never completed the bad apple opp OR the omniplant chain (the latter's definitely on my bucket list) but it's weird that A Lot of Bad Apples comes up independently of getting an omniplant even though it's probably the only reasonable way to do it.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2020, 06:34:26 AM »
Opal looks so good! I love her mouth and I hope it gets passed on to whatever kids she has.

Maybe Morgan and Robin just needed a fun party to relax and a fun wedding and they'll be all over each other? Morgan seems to be getting more into the spirit of things!
This babymomma race is the most difficult for me yet...because I like them both. Maybe Morgan and Robin will get their act together for a baby and after Robin's death, Opal can reproduce with one of the male ghosts you certainly have lying around for Spouse #6. Which is the sort of bonkers household space juggling thing I'd think of and really shouldn't recommend to anyone, it's just my love of Opal I guess. She's turned into a great young sim!

That particular piece of bonkers household space juggling hadn't occurred to me but a number of others have :).

I'm finding this really difficult because I also like both Robin and Opal (far more than Morgan, in fact.  In a different sort of game, they'd be the two hooking up and producing babies).  I've been dithering for a real-life week, to the point where I've started up the game, stared at it and closed it down again without playing.  Several times.  I have made a decision now but I'm not at all sure it's the right one.

I've never completed the bad apple opp OR the omniplant chain (the latter's definitely on my bucket list) but it's weird that A Lot of Bad Apples comes up independently of getting an omniplant even though it's probably the only reasonable way to do it.

I can't believe you've never done the omniplant chain!  Have you started it, at least?  Personally, I find the first stage the most useful: eggs and cheese are used in so many recipes that I'd be lost without my Sims growing their own, especially since I tend to use the 'No Fridge Shopping' mod in most games.  It's nice to have high-quality steaks and burgers but I'm far less bothered about them.  Omniplants don't have many uses, other than amusing-looking crops (my favourite being teddy bears - completely useless from a gameplay point of view but ridiculously cute).

I assume the bad apple opp is intended to work just by planting the apple, since Sims with little or no gardening skill can get it.  Whoever set it up must not have realised that the quality always improves.  I've seen people online talking about using witches or the science skill to deliberately create bad apples but the opp's been there since the beginning.  There ought to be a way to do it using only the base game and it doesn't seem reasonable to need omniplants.  Still, I've done it at last.  That was definitely on my Simming bucket list.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2020, 10:56:37 AM »
Hey the dynasty's in your hands! We won't be disappointed as readers. As long as you're a simmer you always know that the optimal decision (whatever it was) may have had to get thrown out the window anyways. Sorry to all the non-simming random people on this thread I guess. :P

I have started the chain but never bothered to plant eggs and cheese (it usually comes up in a dynasty so the No Fridge Shopping mod isn't in play). It came up in my decadynasty for Kaila but she was old by then and I was focused on my heir. I've never deliberately supermaxed gardening for a successful dynasty either, but I have a few upcoming-ish chances for that. Would be nice to join those hallowed halls that every other dynasty player has!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2020, 01:53:35 PM »
U-Turn

Robin and Opal found themselves having breakfast together and Robin became aware for the first time that the adorable toddler of such a short time ago was growing into an attractive young woman.

394.Breakfast.jpg

Was that why Morgan was so slow to move their relationship forward?

"Well, is that it?  Are you waiting for her to grow up?  Trading me in for a younger model?"

395.Accusation.jpg

"What on earth are you talking about?  Opal's just a kid.  It's you I'm engaged to."

But he started to wonder.  Something seemed to be wrong with their relationship.  Was it his fault?  He took his troubles to Minnie.

"…So should we go ahead with the wedding right now, or what?"

396.Doubts.jpg

"Robin's upset because she can hear her clock ticking…"
"But… but I thought she was human!"
"Oh, for heaven's sake, Morgan!  You're obsessed with robots.  Of course she's human.  I meant her biological clock.  She's running out of time to have children.  But it's different for men.  You don't have to rush into anything.  You have to think about what you really want from life.  Does that include Robin?  First loves aren't always the only ones.  Your Gran fell in love forever as a teenager…

397.VW.jpg

"…but your parents only got together later in life.  They couldn't stand each other as kids.  And then there's my dear Jaycen.

398.Jaycen.jpg

"He had a whole string of broken relationships before we met.  He even had a daughter.  But once we got together, he never looked at anyone else and we were blissfully happy.  Of course, you don't need to have a happy marriage – or even to get married at all.  All you need to do is produce an heir.  There needn't be any strings attached."  And then she muttered something about rabbitholes.

"But for now, take a break.  You've been stuck in that workshop for ages.  A change of scene would do you good.  Why not visit the gym?  You were always working out to the stereo as a little boy.  Go and get some exercise and take your mind off the hook for a while."

399.Exercise.jpg

"Thanks, Minnie.  I'll do that."  And he hugged her.

400.Hug.jpg

A couple of hours of lifting weights did seem to help.  He was no nearer a decision but he did feel better.  But then he met Robin on his way back into the house.

"Morgan, I really think we ought to set a date for the wedding.  What about next weekend?"

401.Need_to_plan.jpg

And suddenly he snapped.

"No!  I don't want to get married yet.  Maybe not at all.  And certainly not to you.  You never stop nagging.  It's over, Robin!"

402.Breakup.jpg

The relief was immediate.  Maybe now he could move on.

403.Wish.jpg

At night, though, his dreams were haunted by the breakup.

404.Dreams.jpg

It was much worse for Robin.  She alternated between bursting into tears and taking out her feelings on blameless blocks of ice.

405.Sculpting.jpg

VW's a brave woman.

406.Chainsaw.jpg

Well, that wasn't fun (to play through or to write).  I've never broken up an established Sim couple before – or, at least, not a couple in the active household.  I normally like doing new things in the game but this was definitely an exception :'(.

I was surprised by Morgan wishing to meet a compatible sign.  For one thing, I never had him pegged as believing in astrology: I thought he was the 100% rational engineer type.  And I've only seen that wish come up before with heartbreakers wanting to move on to the next conquest.  Maybe it was as simple as Morgan and Robin being fundamentally incompatible.  It would certainly be nice to think so.

Incidentally, I checked and the only member of the household with a compatible sign is his own mother.  That definitely isn't happening  :o.

So now we have to wait and see whether things work out any better with Opal.  It'll be too late to go back to Robin as the mother of gen 6 by then, because her elder birthday will be a day or two before Opal ages up to young adult.   :-\  *Chews fingernails*.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2020, 02:57:34 PM »
It's heartbreaking, but considering how much Morgan's hand had to be forced...not saying it's good but it makes sense?

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2020, 07:49:28 PM »
Sometimes breaking up is good! I used to be head over heels in love with people I don't regret dating, but am very glad I'm not still with. Now they are free to find someone they really like!

Maybe Robin will go on vacation and have a little fling and bring home a baby? I don't know what your household size is because I'm too lazy to count so I don't know if you have the room but I don't want to see Robin's genes go and I'm living in  denialhope!

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2020, 04:03:51 AM »
I can certainly understand how having Morgan and Robin break-up was upsetting but I think you did the right thing.  Does he have to have an heir with Opal who sounds as if she doesn't have a compatible star sign either?  Not sure how the Dynasty rules work but can't he find someone from outside the household?  Maybe have a vacation in China, Egypt or France. There are so many un-attached females in these locations. I just feel someone like Morgan who is so dedicated to his skilling needs to actually fall in love before he can find real happiness.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #131 on: July 07, 2020, 12:22:12 PM »
It's heartbreaking, but considering how much Morgan's hand had to be forced...not saying it's good but it makes sense?
I hope so  :-\.

Sometimes breaking up is good! I used to be head over heels in love with people I don't regret dating, but am very glad I'm not still with. Now they are free to find someone they really like!

Maybe Robin will go on vacation and have a little fling and bring home a baby? I don't know what your household size is because I'm too lazy to count so I don't know if you have the room but I don't want to see Robin's genes go and I'm living in  denialhope!
There are seven Sims in the house at the moment.  The spare space is currently earmarked for SimBots.  I'm not sure whether they need a space if they're going to be released into the wild immediately but I prefer not to chance it.  Then it will be Gen 6's space, so there's no room for Robin to have a baby unless Morgan delays reproduction for a very long time.

I can certainly understand how having Morgan and Robin break-up was upsetting but I think you did the right thing.  Does he have to have an heir with Opal who sounds as if she doesn't have a compatible star sign either?  Not sure how the Dynasty rules work but can't he find someone from outside the household?  Maybe have a vacation in China, Egypt or France. There are so many un-attached females in these locations. I just feel someone like Morgan who is so dedicated to his skilling needs to actually fall in love before he can find real happiness.
The rules say 'Immortals must result from natural pregnancies where both parents are living in the Dynasty house.'  Well, apart from the last one: Gen 7 has to be female and get pregnant by someone outside the active household because there's no space for a partner by then.  Morgan doesn't necessarily have to pair up with Opal but it would mean waiting until after Robin dies to have a baby.  I'd prefer not to delay things more than I already have to (although it would do great things for the museum value).  I won't force them together if they're not attracted but I hope they are.

I don't think star signs matter all that much.  They get a small relationship boost if they're compatible but it's certainly not a requirement.  It's not something I even consider normally: for example, I have no idea what the previous spouses' signs were.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #132 on: July 11, 2020, 03:34:55 PM »
Crossroads

Morgan retreated to his workshop (big surprise!) and built a second SimBot.

407.Simbot2.jpg

The game called this one Kevin.  It doesn't fit with the family's naming theme but at least it goes well with Kristy.  Despite the many hours that went into Kevin's creation, Morgan didn't seem all that delighted with the finished product.

408.Simbot2.jpg

Most of his time, though, was spent churning out endless floor hygienators and blowing up cheap dishwashers.

409.Fire.jpg

Those are the Tanner boys: Ethan screaming his ghostly head off and little brother Wilfred actually being useful.  Morgan chatted to them both for a while after the flames were extinguished and discovered, unsurprisingly, that Wilfred is brave.

Shortly afterwards, he started work on his third and final SimBot.

410.Simbot3.jpg

Even though she'd been the means of achieving his lifetime wish, Morgan wasn't any keener on her than on her two older siblings.

411.Simbot3.jpg

She was named Carmen.  Carmen Carr :D.  Well done, game!  (Given the existence of the Karmann Ghia, it even fits the theme.)

The following day, Morgan sold yet another batch of hygienators and maxed his career.  He's my first inventor to reach level 10 before becoming a Master Inventor: the others had to sell quite a few masterful time machines to get there.  Reaping the benefits of completing all three consigning challenges early on, presumably.  To my surprise, given the lack of graduations and other ceremonies since mid-generation two, he was summoned to City Hall to be presented with a key.

412.Key2city.jpg

A couple of days later, he was back again for the inventor's accolade (which was presented by a different mayor.  Either they have a really fast turnover of municipal officials in Lucky Palms or it just coincided with the end of the first one's term).

413.Accolade.jpg

Morgan seems to be having something of a second midlife crisis.  After the presentation, he wanted to stay and chat with the onlookers and then wished to learn charisma.  While he was in the library reading Fixing the Friend Problem, he astonished me by rolling a wish to kiss Lorie Perry (the woman in the yellow T-shirt in that last screenshot), whom he'd only met that day and had barely spoken to.  It seems he's not asexual after all!  :o

He finished up the day by driving out to the military base and enlisting.

414.Military_base.jpg

Morgan was taken on as a latrine cleaner and left the base shortly before midnight looking thoughtful.   Had he really done the right thing?

415.Recruit.jpg

After a few hours' sleep (and a drastic haircut), he left for his first day in his new job.

416.Off2work.jpg

He might have been getting on a bit for a new recruit but he still impressed the top brass enough to get a promotion on his first day.  Mind, he was a mere stripling compared with Stephanie Griggs.

417.Old_soldier.jpg

I worry a little about the Lucky Palms military: Morgan's boss is also an elder (and another Griggs – I think he's Stephanie's husband).  Who will leap into action to defend the citizenry if they get invaded?

Morgan jogged home after every shift (with miraculously regrown hair), getting a little further each day before exhaustion set in and he had to summon his car.

418.Jogging.jpg

He kept noticing the same driverless vehicles in the road, apparently abandoned.  After a while, he took to stopping and blowing them up.

419.Abandoned_car.jpg

There were no fines – but then, the town ought to be grateful that he was clearing away the obstructions.  He was careful not to mention it to Minnie, though.

Robin had her final birthday – with a cake, because it's the least I can do.  I feel so guilty about poor Robin.  She didn't seem all that grateful…

420.Robin_birthday.jpg

…maybe because she realised what the cake would lead to.

421.Robin_birthday.jpg

Two days later, it was Opal's turn for a birthday.

422.Opal_birthday.jpg

She had a very early cake, so that I could see how Morgan reacted to a newly grown-up Opal.

423.Opal_birthday.jpg

Not early enough, it would seem.  She'd barely blown the candles out when the carpool turned up.  I'd have to wait  >:(.  In the meantime, I sent her off to the mirror and dresser for a makeover.

424.YA_Opal.jpg

Remember the revolting state of the park when little Portia was trying (and failing) to sell her baked goods?  It's got worse.  Much worse.

Since the Carrs own the park, I added a generous quota of rubbish bins a few game weeks back.  It made no difference whatsoever.  I tried to clear up the mess myself but found that I couldn't.

425.Disgusting_park.jpg

So the entire household (apart from Morgan, who was busy trying to become a Master Inventor at the time) spent a long evening litter-picking.  I wish I'd thought to check they'd all eaten first, though – I only just stopped Robin from eating an ancient and rotting burger  :-\.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #133 on: July 11, 2020, 06:59:35 PM »
Poor Robin! Sometimes life can be harsh for the poor helpers. Opal is very pretty though, hopefully it'll be enough to interest Morgan. Maybe she needs to dress up like a simbot?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #134 on: July 11, 2020, 09:29:51 PM »
Morgan showing that sims don't discriminate about looks like we do...if he had his heir already then maybe it'd be a different story. He's made his bed and is lying in it. :P

I always wonder if the ghosts are giving us any future spouse hints but we are running out of chances for that.