Author Topic: Carr Immortal Dynasty (Completed)  (Read 69289 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Carr Immortal Dynasty
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:13 AM »
Regarding Trident's question about Austin's pictures being worth 1 million dollars, there is this.

There was a tv show in the 70's called the Six Million Dollar Man, which featured a character by the name of Steve Austin, who was the 6 million dollar man. He was an astronaut, who had an accident and had to have surgery. He become a cyborg and so forth. It proved popular as a show and a spin off - "The Bionic Woman" was also created.

Anyway, I think that's what the reference is.

Unless it is Stone Cold Steve Austin of WWE Fame, of course. :D

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2020, 12:12:12 PM »
Love the dynasty with all the 60th vibe! It made me miss my Ragnum Dynasty with all the cloning happening, is a more relaxed way to have variety of genetics without going crazy with pollinators, as long as your sims are friends with the donors and don't travel with the samples, everything is ok.
Thanks :).  I'm enjoying playing with cloning (VW has just topped up the deathflower stocks, which is also a lot simpler than hoping a green-thumbed Sim can revive dead ones or growing loads of special seeds and ending up with a huge crop of the wrong sort of plant).

I knew not to travel with DNA samples but did lose some of the early ones when the Sims died.  The family inventory is now full of townie tombstones, to try to head off further trouble.

Regarding Trident's question about Austin's pictures being worth 1 million dollars, there is this.

There was a tv show in the 70's called the Six Million Dollar Man, which featured a character by the name of Steve Austin, who was the 6 million dollar man. He was an astronaut, who had an accident and had to have surgery. He become a cyborg and so forth. It proved popular as a show and a spin off - "The Bionic Woman" was also created.

Anyway, I think that's what the reference is.

Unless it is Stone Cold Steve Austin of WWE Fame, of course. :D
I wondered whether Trident was referring to Steve Austin, but since it was one million dollars rather than six, I wasn't at all sure.

Austin is actually based on Austin Powers, although the fashion photographer cover identity has become his real job.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2020, 04:53:18 PM »
I think the one million dollars is a referral to Dr. Evil's demand for one million dollars in an Austin Powers movie. He changed it to one billion when everyone laughed.

Offline Trident

• Occult
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2020, 06:14:09 PM »
It was a Doctor Evil refrence, yeah. Sorry to confuse everyone!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2020, 12:05:49 PM »
Ah! Dr Evil!  My bad.
I think I've only seen the first Austin Powers film once, and none of the sequels.  Couldn't resist Austin's dress sense, though :P.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2020, 02:31:27 AM »
Ah! Dr Evil!  My bad.
I think I've only seen the first Austin Powers film once, and none of the sequels.  Couldn't resist Austin's dress sense, though :P.

That's more than me

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2020, 07:16:33 AM »
Old Banger

The twins were painting in the studio together when their elder birthdays hit.

123.Elder_BDs.jpg

124.Elder_twins.jpg

Morris has aged the better of the two, although that's mostly because his style of clothing suits the elder body shape better.  Austin's suits don't look nearly as sharp on a fat morph (and why is that the only body type for elders, EA?  Why can't thin or fit Sims keep something like their younger shape when they grow old?)

Riley and VW went to Prom together, of course.  Well, nearly together – he walked sedately out to the limo, like someone who was worried about wrinkling his jacket, while VW ran as if her finery was just her everyday wear.  (Yes, I know the poodle skirt belongs in the Fifties really.  Let's pretend it was a themed party.)

125.Prom.jpg

126.Prom.jpg

They had a great evening, being voted King and Queen and wowing the crowd with their dance moves.  It would be their last date for a while, though.  Riley aged up outside the school as they were leaving.

127.Riley_YA_BD.jpg

128.Riley_YA.jpg

VW had an early-morning cake on her birthday, keen to join her boyfriend in the adult world.

129.VW_YA_BD.jpg

130.VW_YA.jpg

She took a job at the Area-52 Test Labs, putting her knowledge of science to good use.

131.Scientist.jpg

Austin, meanwhile, was close to completing his requirements.  Like Minnie, he was finding the six best friends the most challenging.  He had a huge circle of acquaintances, most of them styling clients, but almost no close friends.  What he needed was a holiday – and a whole load of new people to meet, none of whom had ever been given a bad makeover.

He took a solo trip to Shang Simla, eating Chinese food for every meal (although he couldn't get the hang of chopsticks) …

132.Chinese_culture.jpg

…impressing the populace with his charm and style…

133.Locals.jpg

…and generally blending in with the local culture  ???.

134.Blending_in.jpg

Possibly to get rid of him, one of his new contacts sent him on a quest to the Temple of Heaven.  It was hard.  His back really wasn't up to rubble clearing these days (not that it had ever been his sort of thing).

135.Rubble_pile.jpg

At last, he found his way to the centre of the labyrinth under the temple – and the legendary axe of Pangu.

136.Pangu_Axe.jpg

He reverently lifted it down from the wall.  And then staggered.

137.Pangu_Axe.jpg

The axe was heavy!  Somehow he'd expected it to be magically light, however substantial it looked.  Apparently all that lightning stuff was a special effect, not magic.  No doubt generated by hidden equipment inside the axe, together with a sound system for the portentous music.  And it made the whole thing weigh a ton.

On the other hand, it was effective.  He might struggle to wield the axe but it destroyed boulders a treat.  Everything gone.  Hardly any dust, even.   How did that work?

138.Boulder.jpg

After completing the adventure, he restricted himself to chatting to the locals and collecting gems and insects.  That was enough to upgrade his visa to level 3 and let him buy the family a holiday home in the hills overlooking the town.

139.Thyme_House.jpg

It also gave him the six best friends he needed to qualify for ambrosia.  Except that, after he returned home to Lucky Palms, there were no Chinese Sims in his relationship panel.  Austin knew they ought to be there: he kept rolling unfulfillable wishes to phone them.  But the only foreign Sims he officially knew were in France and Egypt.

I'd not been intending to count friends within the household towards the requirement (with the exceptions of spouses and cars) but Austin wasn't getting any younger and didn't have much charisma skill.  It was going to be hard to replace his Chinese friends.  So he spent a day each chatting with the two clients who'd been most impressed by his makeovers and then made up the numbers with his mother and brother.

And so Minnie led Austin into the new (but largely unfurnished) Ambrosia Room for his first taste of immortality.

140.Ambrosia.jpg

141.Ambrosia.jpg

Austin

Traits: artistic, excitable, photographer's eye, vehicle enthusiast, irresistible

Lifetime wish: Visionary
Careers: photographer and stylist
Supermax skill: painting
Other maxed skills: photography

Building: Silver Swallow Day Spa
Property: Civic Center Park

Unique lifetime rewards: Extra Creative, Jetsetter, Prepared Traveller

Unique best friends: Mercedes Carr (née Nita), Simsadelic! (his car), Candice Skidmore, Randi Bowden, Minnie Carr, Morris Carr

Unique opportunities: Al Simhara, The Pyramids, Deliver a Painting to China, The Sphinx, Photo Contest, Interior Décor

Museum

142.Portraits.jpg

143.Sculptures.jpg

I particularly like his expression in his adult photo, and that two of his sculptures are in a pose that shows off his fangs ;)

144.Fangs.jpg

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2020, 10:16:55 AM »
We finally got a car best friend! And many a fanged immortal later and I never looked that deeply at their ice sculptures.

I do have a lot of custom elder clothes that include a modified fit morph but then my sims' physiques change depending on what clothes they wear (EA at least has the basics for elders) and it just makes EA look even worse at this. Imagine not caring about immortal dynasty players.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline starlives

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2020, 03:09:23 AM »
Congratulations on your second immortal. The photos accompanying your comments "…impressing the populace with his charm and style…" and
"…and generally blending in with the local culture" made me laugh. Well done to him for getting his China Visa Level 3.  I've had the disappearing China friendships happen too with one of the Chinese residents who married my sim and lost all contact with her Chinese family!
Did he get his fangs from a makeover?  I remember this happening in one of my games and it took me ages to work out why they appeared. 

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #54 on: April 11, 2020, 08:00:15 AM »
@starlives: you can find fangs as an accessory! Just in the dresser too. They come with Late Night and Supernatural and are underneath socks.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #55 on: April 11, 2020, 01:50:44 PM »
Imagine not caring about immortal dynasty players.
Shocking, isn't it?
I always liked the elders' clothes being so cheap at the store - until I realised why.  As a multi-generational player (dynasty, legacy or whatever), I wish they'd put more effort into it :(.

The photos accompanying your comments "…impressing the populace with his charm and style…" and "…and generally blending in with the local culture" made me laugh.
Austin's offended.  He could totally pass for a native Shang Simlan.  How could you suggest otherwise? :P

Did he get his fangs from a makeover?  I remember this happening in one of my games and it took me ages to work out why they appeared.
@starlives: you can find fangs as an accessory! Just in the dresser too. They come with Late Night and Supernatural and are underneath socks.
Austin's fangs were deliberate.  He acquired them in CAS as a teenager (I was disappointed to find they're not available for toddlers or children).
@Trip: they must be on a patch, in fact. I'm playing this game without Late Night or Supernatural.

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2020, 01:49:22 PM »
Driving Excitement

Austin left the stylist career and registered as a self-employed artist.  His portfolio was only 60% complete but trying for 100% didn't seem worth the performance hit – and he still hadn't received any service awards since the trophy for his first ten makeovers.

He and Mercedes moved into the bedroom next to Minnie's and left the heir's suite to VW, who promptly redecorated it in a brighter, younger style.

145.Heir_room_VW.jpg

It's odd: Austin has the excitable trait but it only shows up in the occasional moodlet, while VW, without the trait, gets excited about absolutely everything.

146.Excited.jpg

(I think that was a promotion but it might have been completing an opportunity.)

The garden had been dormant since Lennon's death.  Now VW started replanting it.

147.Garden.jpg

She carried on with her science experiments, too, of course.

148.Science.jpg

They were really exciting!

149.Result.jpg

As was her continuing romance with Riley…

150.Snog.jpg

…which soon progressed to an engagement.

151.Engaged.jpg

Alvis celebrated his adult birthday – and got his unfortunate hairstyle back again.

152.Bad_hair.jpg

I would have thought the sudden hair loss was enough to provoke a midlife crisis in anyone but somehow he avoided it.  I sent him off to the mirror and dresser for a makeover anyway.

153.Makeover.jpg

It was a reminder that time was moving on and the next generation of helpers ought to be putting in an appearance soon.  So VW carried out her most exciting experiment yet – cloning a human.

154.Clone.jpg

Possibly inspired by the screens on the Group Science Project, she named him Nio.  And bought him a very tasteful teddy.

155.Nio.jpg

Nio had just been settled into his cot when Mercedes, who had been posing for the other sculptors, started to sparkle and float :(.

156.Mercdes_death.jpg

Austin was heartbroken.  Mercedes had been there all his life and had been his partner for most of it.

157.Mourning.jpg

And I have to admit to having a lump in my throat when I noticed the sculpting studio that night  :'(.

158.Sculptures.jpg

The intention had been for VW and Riley to have a big wedding party that weekend but it didn't seem appropriate with the family in mourning.  So they had a romantic sunset ceremony by the waterfalls instead.

159.Wedding.jpg

The following evening, VW was lifting Nio out of his cot for his first birthday when she suddenly looked surprised, put him down on the floor and rubbed her tummy.  He was soon going to have company in the nursery.

160.Preggers.jpg

So Nio aged up to toddler all by himself.

161.Toddler_Nio.jpg

Credits: toddler sunglasses by ATS3 Sandy (Sims 4 to 3 conversion).  And huge thanks to @Alex for pointing out the existence of the Chinese car manufacturer Nio  :-*.

Oddly, Nio is a supposedly perfect clone but has the neurotic trait, which his donor can't have had, pretty much by definition.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #57 on: April 14, 2020, 02:15:37 PM »
Nio! Such a cool toddler! Those glasses! Honestly, he looks like he wants me to read his screenplay. I can't wait to see him grow up! I don't really know any of the store world sims, so all these clones are exciting mysteries for me.

I continue to adore the aesthetics of the Carr family! They are a fun read

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2020, 03:40:24 PM »
The Matrix was released too late to get a "babies" spinoff cartoon but Nio is basically the concept art for it. Hope your luck with cool car brand names continues!

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2020, 11:57:34 AM »
Nio! Such a cool toddler! Those glasses! Honestly, he looks like he wants me to read his screenplay. I can't wait to see him grow up! I don't really know any of the store world sims, so all these clones are exciting mysteries for me.

I continue to adore the aesthetics of the Carr family! They are a fun read

Thanks, @Chubling.  Nio is probably my favourite member of the household so far.

The Matrix was released too late to get a "babies" spinoff cartoon but Nio is basically the concept art for it. Hope your luck with cool car brand names continues!
I'm not sure whether the idea of Matrix Babies is cute or terrifying.  Probably a bit of both  :-\.  And thanks :).

anything