Author Topic: Sims 3 doesn't recognize video card gtx 1060 ti  (Read 5169 times)

Offline simssince2000

• Nooboo
Sims 3 doesn't recognize video card gtx 1060 ti
« on: April 13, 2020, 03:02:57 PM »
Hi,

it's been a long time since i played sims 3 and now i have new laptop. i installed sims 3 and got the warning window about the unrecognized video card. i played a while but the graphics looked very bad.

i checked the "How-To: Get Sims 3 to Recognize a New Graphics Card" topic and followed the steps unsuccesfully: i launched the game and then the city looked all white, exit the game and checked to DeviceConfig file which was empty.

then i also installed files (Sims 3 SGR Files (CPU Tweak) attached to the how-to-topic but that didn't work out either: game launched but the graphic settings were low and checked the deviceConfig file/game didn't recognize video card.

my deviceconfig info:
Name (driver):   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Name (database): NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti [Found: 0, Matched: 0]
Vendor:          NVIDIA
Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 2191, Board: 3ffc17aa, Chipset: 00a1

i don't feel so confident about trying to make the game work by myself anymore… is there something i didn't notice to make my game work?

thanks in advance!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Sims 3 doesn't recognize video card gtx 1060 ti
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 05:26:07 PM »
Thank you for sharing the Device ID. This card has been added to the graphics files.

You can download the graphics files from the post linked below:

How-To: Get Sims 3 to Recognize a New Graphics Card
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.msg446248#msg446248
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline simssince2000

• Nooboo
Re: Sims 3 doesn't recognize video card gtx 1060 ti
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2020, 10:12:05 AM »
This worked! Thank you very much! :)