Author Topic: My Sims 3 game froze in build mode how do i prevent this?  (Read 2505 times)

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
I was moving a new family to a town house,I tried to knock a wall down which had a damaged stereo in it,I went to build mode,and the next minute,My game froze my sims interfaces are,The build mode panel,and the buy mode panel how do i prevent this for happening again.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: My Sims 3 game froze in build mode how do i prevent this?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 08:07:43 PM »
If you're stuck in build/buy mode and the user interface disappeared try clicking on the Pause Button up top right of the screen. This should get you back into live mode to where you can save the game.

As to how to prevent this? Oh boy, I'm not entirely sure. As the few times this happened to me was just after I got into game. I either did the trick above or exited the game via task manager and went back to a previous save.

Something that might help though is to use Save As, give it a new or similar name (For example SV01, SV02, SV03 etc.) just before you decided to go into build/buy mode. That way if something does happen, you have a previous save to go back to.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline roman2886

• Llama Wrangler
Re: My Sims 3 game froze in build mode how do i prevent this?
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 08:14:03 PM »
This sort of issue never happened in my game it's very rare,and probably never happen again or maybe it's because, I have too many saved games files one of them is corrupted,I have gone way over the 3 saved game file limit that is what usually happens with too many saved game file.