Author Topic: Saving/Loading Forever Problem  (Read 2807 times)

Offline gal123

• Nooboo
Saving/Loading Forever Problem
« on: June 05, 2020, 05:27:30 PM »
hello so i have this problem where my game saves forever or loads forever (like when i'm building in edit town and i try to go back to map) until i have to close it in task manager eventually...
the thing is it only happens in lucky palms, not in any other world - cc or ea. i tried to clean my caches in my game files and it helped for one save and happened again  :(
i do use mods and cc but everything else in my game works fine its just gets stuck saving in lucky palms

i know i can just play in another world but i wanted badly a desert, is there maybe a way to fix it? to clean the world file somehow?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Saving/Loading Forever Problem
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 06:08:06 PM »
I am not sure what's causing the saving/loading issue. As it sounds like all your other saves are fine. Maybe there's something wrong with the save itself. Have you tried a new save in Lucky Palms to see if that might help?
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline gal123

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 06:38:00 PM »
it’s a completely new save each time it happened.
all i’m doing is opening the world and trying to build a house. i’m not really playing in it yet

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »
Oh my goodness!! I think I might have thought of something to try. This is something I have to keep an eye on when I'm building in whatever town.

How big is your userPresets.package file located in your Documents > Sims 3 folder? Any time mine gets anywhere over 200 kb it starts to slow things down.

This file is any colors/textures/patterns you've saved in Create a Style.

I'm curious, have you tried to build a house in say Sunset Valley for example. Save it to your library. Load up Lucky Palms and then place the house to see if that might help?
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline gal123

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 04:01:42 PM »
my user presets file is only 5 KB i dont really save presets. ill try to build and move like you said and see, thank you for now!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 05:57:29 PM »
Let me know how that works for you. I'm hoping better. Though if it does work better for you, makes me wonder if there's something wrong with the town itself. In that maybe it needs to be uninstalled/reinstalled. 

Are you having any problems with any other store content?

Offline gal123

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 04:35:59 PM »
 i checked and the same thing happened in aurora skies, so i decided to just uninstall my store content but than it wouldn’t properly uninstall ( package with dependents it said ) so i ended up just resetting my sims 3 folder completely and it’s seems to work for now! hopefully it stays that way :) thank you for everything!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 05:05:04 PM »
My go-to troubleshooting thing is to create a new Sims 3 folder and reinstall store content from there. Usually helps fix what store content isn't working properly.

I'm happy to hear things are working better for you!! :)