Author Topic: Things that make you go hummm?  (Read 1452 times)

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
Things that make you go hummm?
« on: June 17, 2020, 11:01:08 PM »
hi everybody,

so i was just wondering why is it that when the season changes in game, i see that the townies are not wearing proper clothing? most are wearing shorts and flip flops, no coat things like that. is this on purpose because i think it's just plain wrong lol. they should be able to wear seasonal clothes even if they are not the sim you are playing. just something that makes me go "humm" about this game

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Things that make you go hummm?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 11:58:07 PM »
I've seen this in-game too. Here's a photo of my Sims bee keeping in either late fall or early winter, with no coats on.

Click to view larger image
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 03:23:43 PM »
sometimes mrs. flynn i go into edit town and go to that sims house and provide the proper clothing for him or her, but we as players shouldn't have to do that especiall when they are not playable by us UNLESS we go to edit town and their home. some townies however do switch into the right clothes on their own, but... hmmmm! thanks for replying!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 04:13:19 PM »
That is my main Sim the one with the plumbob over her head (Yasmine)

I didn't think to have her change her outfit. *Blush*

You're correct, we players shouldn't have to go into Sims' homes and switch their clothing to make sure it's weather appropriate.

I see Sims with shorts on in Winter and have to laugh. I think it's funny. It's one of the quirks of the game.

I don't think there's really anything we can do to prevent it from happening. It's one of those things that make you go hmm.. just like you said. *Snicker*
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 11:15:15 PM »
maybe it's for newspaper information as well. so and so froze to death. well YEAH because they weren't wearing proper clothing! lol

Offline NikkeiSimmer

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2020, 06:27:50 PM »

'Nuff sed

As far as sims are concerned wearing inappropriate clothing for the weather, my townies generally seem to be fine with wearing summer clothes in winter.  What I'm more worried about is seeing my immediate family sims go out to get the mail without changing from their sleepclothes.  And yeah, trust me, I've seen that happen. 

Offline Peanuts61

• Occult
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 08:00:03 PM »
so have i! but i kinda like that. it reminds me of my older sister who does that in real life lol!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.