Author Topic: [BUG?] Trashcans Not Bottomless....  (Read 5082 times)

Offline Erin

• Sims Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
    • YouTube
[BUG?] Trashcans Not Bottomless....
« on: July 01, 2020, 05:56:21 PM »
I wasn't sure where to post this, so I'm hoping this is the best place.

I don't have Eco Lifestyle, but my outdoor trash cans are overflowing anyway. I do not have the lot trait that includes waste removal, because it comes with the new pack, and there is no option to empty the trash can. I have been deleting it, every time it starts triggering the negative moodlet. I'm wondering if there is a work-around, or if there is something in settings that I can adjust. Thanks!
You think you know who you are, what's to come. You haven't even begun. ~ Dracula
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy vs. Dracula
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7izdNOLStXDQMCan_wQyBQ/

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: [BUG?] Trashcans Not Bottomless....
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 06:35:53 PM »
This is a reported issues. It is not clear if it's a bug or buy design.

It sounds like this issue was introduced with the June 3rd game patch. It is happening regardless if players have Eco Lifestyle or not. And happens with all platforms this pack is on.

[OPEN] External Garbage Cans filling up without needed lot Trait
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-External-Garbage-Cans-filling-up-without-needed-lot-Trait/td-p/9170182

--  Suggested work-arounds:

1. Sell them off and repurchase the garbage can.

2. If you have testing cheats enabled, you can shift-click on the bin and Reset or click on "Trashcan State" and "Set Trashcan Empty". That's the fastest way to clear it. -- May Not work.

** If you have this issue, please use the link above to sign in with your EA account and click the Me Too button under the first post and optionally, share your experience with the bug by clicking the reply button on any post.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Erin

• Sims Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 11:46:52 PM »
Thank you so much! I play with testing cheats on so I can reset stuck sims  and objects but did not think about trying it on the trashcans. This will make things much easier, now that I won't have to go into build mode for no reason other than to sell and re-buy the garbage can.
You think you know who you are, what's to come. You haven't even begun. ~ Dracula
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy vs. Dracula

Offline Erin

• Sims Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2020, 10:44:09 PM »
In case anyone is curious, testing cheats did not solve this issue. I just have to sell them every time they get full apparently. Oh, well, I can deal with that. Have a great day!
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy vs. Dracula

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2020, 11:32:37 AM »
It could be because I have debug cheats enabled, but shift-clicking a trash can brings up some options, one of which is Trashcan State.  Under that you can choose Empty, Medium, Full, or Overflowing.

Offline Erin

• Sims Addict
  • Llama Wrangler
    • YouTube
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 12:22:39 AM »
I will have to try that and see if it works. I had testing cheats on, but I rarely enter the debug cheat. Thanks
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Buffy vs. Dracula

Offline bradleymee

• Nooboo
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2020, 03:45:20 PM »
It could be because I have debug cheats enabled, but shift-clicking a trash can brings up some options, one of which is Trashcan State.  Under that you can choose Empty, Medium, Full, or Overflowing.

what is the command to enable debug cheats? is it a console command like "testingcheats on"?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2020, 06:42:03 PM »
The debug cheats I'm talking about are available when you shift-click items.  If you have them enabled, and turn testing cheats on, you get even more options when you shift-click.  Like with trash cans, one of the options will be Trash Can State, which then gives options for empty, full, overflowing, and death by flies.

The only way I know to enable them is through MCCC, though there is probably a console command that will do it.