Author Topic: Adding another created sim to my own household?  (Read 1261 times)

Offline JimF51

• Nooboo
Adding another created sim to my own household?
« on: July 10, 2020, 09:30:05 AM »
Hope this is the right place for this question.

I have a household I created a few days ago (I am totally new to The Sims 4 all this, though I have owned the game for a few years), and would like to create a elder and add to that household.

I have searched online, found topics about splitting and merging  households, but they all see to talk about the households that are already in game, like the Landgraabs or the Pancakes.

A couple of search results said to open my gallery and select the household from there, but all that is in my gallery, that I created, are 2 earlier households I am not using.

Can I do what I have asked, or is it not possible. Thank you.

Jim F

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Adding another created sim to my own household?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2020, 11:12:37 AM »
This is assuming you've already saved your Sim to the library via CAS.

You can merge the Sim into your current household by first going into your current household's game. Go to your library (press the F4 key) and find and select the Sim you want to add to the family. Press the Place Household button in the lower right of the menu. (It looks like an arrow pointing down to square.)

It will ask if you want to merge the households and you click the check mark.

And there you should have your newly merged family!! :)
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline JimF51

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2020, 11:32:24 AM »
Mrs Flynn,

Thank you. That is what I had read elsewhere, however, of the 4 households I have created, only 2 show up in my library, though I am positive I did save all 4. The 2 that show up, 1 is the from a few days ago, the other from yesterday.

All 4 show up when I open game and click Load Game.

Unfortunately, the 2 that do show in library are not the ones I was wanting to use (of course lol)

I guess I will start from scratch.

Jim F

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2020, 01:08:05 PM »
Hmm.. If all 4 households show up when you open game, and load a save. That tells me they're still hangin' around. :) What you'll want to do is save the two missing households to the library, and then merge the two households together that you want living with each other.

How to Save Family to Library:
- From Manage Households - Select family, take them into CAS (click the pencil icon in lower right). Then click the folder in the upper right corner to save to the My Library tab.
- In-game - Click on the mirror, dresser or closet and select Change Sim.
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline JimF51

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 03:25:34 PM »
Think it's solved, and your instructions worked.

After my last reply, I closed the game out to get some chores done. Came back about 2 hours later and started game, and 3 rd household now showed in library. So I left the game open, but watched a movie until about 15 minutes ago, and checked again. All 4 now show in Library.

Why such a delay to show up I have no idea, as everything else seems to be running fine, but they are there, so all good.

Thank you.

Jim F

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2020, 04:18:53 PM »
Yay!! I'm very happy to hear that!! :)

The lag sounds like a familiar issue:

[CURRENT ISSUE] Incredibly Low FPS when connected to Internet
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Incredibly-Low-FPS-when-connected-to-Internet/td-p/7605094

If this sounds like the issue you're experiencing, sign in with your EA account, click the Me Too button under the first post and optionally, share your experience with the bug by clicking the reply button on any post.

You're welcome!! I'm happy I could help.

anything