Author Topic: Fungal Infusion Fertilizer  (Read 6417 times)

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
Fungal Infusion Fertilizer
« on: July 12, 2020, 01:50:00 AM »
For the first time ever, I finally made some of this. But I can't use it. If you click on the the container, it says "click on a gardening plant and click pour". If I click on a plant, I never see an option for "pour".

I'm wondering if this became broken over time or if anyone actually used it.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Fungal Infusion Fertilizer
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 10:04:07 AM »
There is a report of sorts on this issue:

Infusion Fertilizer
https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/infusion-fertilizer/td-p/9188879 infusion fertilizer

I'm not sure exactly what was done to fix it, other than they harvested and replanted.

If that doesn't work, exit the game and delete the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 Documents folder.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:44:22 AM »
After a great deal of testing (and consternation), the puzzle has been solved.

It would only let me use the fertilizer if it was in a Garden Planter. Pretty sure it would work if it was also in a Garden Pot, but I'll test that later. It doesn't work if it's just planted in the ground.

As to whether if works better than Growfruit, I don't know yet.

The limiting factor is the Dust Spirits.  They only spawn in 3 locations and I've only seen them after midnight. And you only get 1 when you catch them. So probably not worth the effort, but at least I can check off that box and say I did it once.

Offline Playalot

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2020, 06:22:26 PM »
I'm super glad you're doing this as that limiting factor of getting enough Dust Sprites is the whole reason I have simply never bothered with the Fungal Infusion. When you have a large to medium garden its simply easier to grow Grow Fruit or get one plant to perfect and use it to graft etc.
“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”  ― Dr. Seuss
A Hollingsworth Immortal TS4 Dynasty-Completed Hall of Fame
A Teen Runaway Story - Pets Completed

Remember the Forum Rules. They're there to be followed.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2020, 03:02:08 PM »
I did a small experiment to see how effective it was.

Planted 2 Growfruit trees. Each in their own Garden Planter. Gave one the Fungal Infusion Fertilizer. Fertilized the other with a Growfruit. They both sprouted at the same time. Became trees at the same time. And were available to fertilize again at the same time.

Did the same thing after they were trees and I see no difference.

Much to my disappointment, it would appear there is no difference between the Growfruit and the Fungal Infusion Fertilizer. I was hoping for faster growth or longer lasting fertilizer, but neither happened. The only advantage I see is that it takes a week or so to start harvesting Growfruit. So you can give a few plants a head start in that time.

OTOH, I have a really good idea of where the Dust Spirits spawn, so at least I know where to go to find them.

Offline Brian_Z

• Talks too much
  • Immortal
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2020, 01:50:34 AM »
You can now buy the Fungal Infusion Fertilizer on Plopsy too, although it's pretty expensive.

Offline Highlander

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2020, 10:38:17 AM »
You can now buy the Fungal Infusion Fertilizer on Plopsy too, although it's pretty expensive.

Pretty committed to not buying anything until they fix the gardening bug. so no Plopsy for me. But thanks for the idea anyway.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2020, 01:39:31 PM »
well casters and scientists can clone the ingredients. So constant vacations could be avoided.

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2020, 02:35:35 AM »
I also really wanted to check out the difference between the "magic" fungal infusion fertilizer vs glo fruit and/or dragon fruit as a fertilizer..Invited the Hermit to "travel with" to the community garden area near Bargin Bend ..She did her thing shaking her canister around the plants (both in the planters and on the wild Bluebells etc.,) After some cloud gazing and a few friendly interactions we were friends and we "traveled" back home to Sulani where she "moved in" to the household..
Her inventory was bare!.. Nada, nothing in there at all and level 5 Herbology :-[
I don't have Magic or Seasons as wanted the Island lifestyle realistic -
Hated the werewolf's in Sims 3 ruining my lot  - loved Dragon Valley and the baby dragons but not into the realm of magic per se
(so saying am a big Terry Prachit fan)
FYI Dragon fruit work much better as fertilizer than glo fruit in my opinion and much easier to get by grafting at an earlier stage grow them in garden pots ,sell them for a fortune together with birds of paradise flowers and your stay at home sim need never go to work again! ~ Savuti 6

Offline scoed

• Watcher
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2020, 04:13:05 AM »
I don't know about the fungal stuff but the value of fruit and fertilizer is based solely on it's $ value with a max cap of 50 for max strength. Nothing else matters when it comes to plants and fish fertilizers. It used to but they recoded it to make it simple.

Offline Savuti6

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2020, 04:48:08 AM »
Thanks

anything