Author Topic: Problem making my two sims meet. - Fixed!!  (Read 9438 times)

Offline mouettefluo

• Nooboo
Problem making my two sims meet. - Fixed!!
« on: July 28, 2020, 10:55:52 AM »
I play with two different family of one Sims, in the same town (bridgeport).

I played in both game in the hope for Sims A to meet Sims B or vice versa. No chance.

I read a bit online and on forums and apparently, you can just show up to one's home and ring the bell. Since it's in an apartment building, a list of the Sims living there appear when I do that, but in either game (A or B) the other sims don't show up where it should be.

So I tried the ''call him with your cellphone'' thing, and my other Sims don't show up in the list of the other.

I went to ''edit town'' and I see all my households (A and B) with some basic money in their account (not the one they have in the advanced game, but probably the amount they had when I first created them). So I was in the active game A, went to edit town, and saw that I could copy household B in my town. But from what I understand, that sims wouldn't be the one I've been playing in the B game.

So are A and B living in two parallel worlds that can't meet ? That's sad, because that's a feature I really liked in Sims 2, being able to make two households merge after a while through some imaginary love story.

Is there a way to do it in Sims 3 ?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: Problem making my two sims meet.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 11:50:33 AM »
I feel silly asking, but do you have both families living in the same save file?

Sim families from another game save cannot interact with another Sim family from a different game save. To get them to interact with each other they need to be in the same game save.

To get the families and lots all into one game save. Go into your saves and add each family and lots to the library. Create a new game and place each family and lot into the new save file.  With that they should be able to meet and interact with each other. :)

How to Save Family to Library:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19060.msg356789#msg356789

How to Save House or Lot to Library:
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=19062.msg356791#msg356791

If I am misunderstanding the issue, please let me know.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline mouettefluo

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2020, 01:39:34 PM »
They won't loose skills and career achievements ?

As for if they are in the same file...I don't know. I create two games (so after pressing play button in the launcher, I have to chose between Sim A in bridgeport or Sim B in bridgeport also. So I think they are in a different game since I started from scratch for both game ?

From what I understand of what you're telling, is that I could change household and create a new sim in the same game as Sim A and change household in the same timeline ?

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2020, 03:09:50 PM »
No, they won't loose skill and career achievements. They will loose their current wishes. However, the wishes will usually come back around so you can easily pin them again.

It sounds like you have Save file A and Save file B.

What you could do is go into Save file B, save that family and their house to the library and then exit the save.

Load up Save file A, and add Family B to that save. This could then become your main save with both families in it.

It might be a good idea to use Save As, and give it a new name.

Yes, you can have many households in one save file and they can all interact with each other. :)
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Offline mouettefluo

• Nooboo
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2020, 11:55:55 PM »
Thanks! It worked!

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 12:09:57 AM »
Yay!! I am happy that it worked!!

You're welcome!! :)