Author Topic: The Sims 3™ Technical Issue In-Game  (Read 1520 times)

Offline Babybunnie

• Nooboo
The Sims 3™ Technical Issue In-Game
« on: August 03, 2020, 06:00:47 PM »
Hello. As a fellow simmer I need up with a few issues I’ve experienced throughout this year after reinstalling my game once doing a complete factory reset. When pressing the “Q” and “E” button to move the camera up and down, as doing so this causes issues of making it look like I’m in Create-A-World tool when I play in any world. Now another issue I noticed is that when moving the camera around I experience clipping issues with objects which became very noticeable to me and I’m not sure how to fix this or if it’s fixable. I provided a screenshot of the problem, for the clipping issue I can't provide a screenshot seeing that it only happens when I move the camera around.

Things I have tried: Contacting EA Support team was told to repair the game, and not to install mods. Even though I explained this happens without the use of mods.
I've installed and reinstalled about 50+ times, thought it was my laptop so I factory reset it again and redownloaded everything.
Checked for bad custom content with in my game and I have none.
Posted this post on Reddit as well for help, and no response except someone advising me to post the issue here.
Edited the Sims 3 Graphics Rule and Graphics Card File to see if that would fix the issue or make it less noticeable
Posting something like this on EA HQ Questions board as well, along with Modthesims help board

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3™ Technical Issue In-Game
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 08:13:44 PM »
I am not entirely sure if this will help, but you might try updating your video card drivers to see if that helps.

Troubleshooting graphics on PC
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/pc-graphics-troubleshooting/

You mentioned posting something at AHQ Sims 3 Tech Board?
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/the-sims-3

As that's my go-to suggestion when I'm having a hard time answering tech questions.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Babybunnie

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2020, 12:41:12 PM »
Yeah about the updating graphics card. I've tried that which I forgot to mention when I wrote the post, only thing is I'm not sure if I have the right graphics card update install. But I don't know if that would cause issues with clipping objects or not? I went and download a mod from modthesims "LNCameraFix" since a friend suggested that it could possibly help but I still get the same issues. I could provide DxDiag file if that would help? I'm just not sure how to do so.

Update: After trying every solution given but multiple TS3 sites. I realized the issue is only noticeable in fullscreen mode but when in window mode, it's not as noticeable, thanks to multiple people from different sites the game is somewhat playable it's just the camera issue now that's bothering me.

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2020, 03:09:29 PM »
If you're not sure if you've got the correct graphics card installed, you may need to search on the manufacturer of your video card (Nvidia or AMD) to help find your graphics drivers. Download a new copy of the drivers. Uninstall the old drivers, and then install the new copy of the drivers to see if that helps.

Having the text of your Dxdiag might be helpful, as it would give a date of your graphics driver. There might be other things in the file that would give clues of how to fix the issue.

You would get more help from the helpers over at AHQ Sims 3 Tech Board, as they are more familiar with looking at the Dxdiag file.

You mention not knowing how to get a DxDiag, see article link below:

How to gather information on your PC using DxDiag
https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything