Author Topic: How to get Sims 3 to recognise Radeon Vega 8 card  (Read 2533 times)

Offline SharketteLaw92

• Nooboo
How to get Sims 3 to recognise Radeon Vega 8 card
« on: August 18, 2020, 11:50:55 AM »
I really need help to get the game to recognise the Radeon Vega 8 graphics card, and I'm not sure about how to edit those files, I read the post about it but I can't understand it

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: How to get Sims 3 to recognise Radeon Vega 8 card
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2020, 07:25:55 PM »
To edit the graphicsCards.sgr file you need to know what the device ID is of your graphics card.

This can be found in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DeviceConfig.log file under Graphics device info. Look for the word Device.

If we have that info we can help edit the file for you.

If you'd rather try for yourself, ask over at AHQ Sims 3 Tech Help Board. They know of a different way to edit the file that might be easier for you to understand. :)

AHQ's Sims Tech Help Board:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/the-sims-3
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline SharketteLaw92

• Nooboo
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 03:04:46 PM »
Yay! Thank you! If I need more help, I'll let you know ;D I found a mod or program that does it

Offline zyuresenor

• Nooboo
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2022, 01:40:53 PM »
Hey, this forum is the only source I found about vega 8. Can you please share that program with me if you are still online here? Thanks :))

Offline MrsFlynn

• Admin Assistant
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2022, 02:11:58 PM »
The graphics files were updated in late Sept and may already have your card added to the list. See the file attached to the post below:

How-To: Get Sims 3 to Recognize a New Graphics Card
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=26753.msg446248#msg446248

If you find it's not and would like to have it added, post the device ID is of your graphics card.

This can be found in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\DeviceConfig.log file under Graphics device info. Look for the word Device.

If we have that info we can help edit the files for you.
Welcome!! We hope you enjoy the forum!!  Thank you for visiting!!
–Need Help? Check our Member FAQs Here. * –Read and follow the Forum Rules, please! *

anything